From Dota 2 Wiki
|Other Lore|| Radiant Ore|
There are many differences between the Radiant side of the game map and the Dire side:
- Roshan's pit in the river is slightly closer to the Radiant bank, near the top rune spawn location, while the Dire bank curves around the pit. Before 7.00 revamp, Roshan was on the Dire side, near the bottom rune spawn location, giving Radiant an approach advantage.
- Unlike the Dire side, Radiant's top lane has a convenient way to pull using the nearby Hard Camp.
- Before 6.86c version, it was possible to block 2 jungle camps with 1 ward on in the Radiant jungle.
- The Radiant is one of the Nemesis Stones, a force diametrically opposed to the Dire.
- The Radiant is known to Zet as Radinthul. He originally kept the Dire and Radiant in check, but lost control after the Mad Moon was destroyed.
- Radiant ore can be found in Radiant lands. It is a glowing, bluish mineral with benevolent magical properties, sometimes used to craft weapons and tools.
- The DotA equivalent of the Radiant was the Sentinel.
- In DotA, heroes were affiliated into the Sentinel and Scourge factions. This division used to be seen on Dota 2's hero selection screen before the introduction of Dota 2 Reborn.
- In DotA when playing the Normal game mode (also called "Pick Mode"), players could only pick Sentinel heroes while on the Sentinel team, and vice versa. This game mode is not present in Dota 2.