Queen of Pain
|Queen of Pain|
Akasha the Queen of Pain is a ranged intelligence hero who uses her abilities to close in and deal huge area damage to the enemy. She is typically played in the middle lane as a ganker and semi-carry, with her ability to appear in battle and deal damage in quick succession, as well as hunt down fleeing heroes with ease. Her Blink ability is the lynchpin of her skill set, allowing her to enter and leave fights at her whim. Once in position to attack, Akasha can unleash her Scream of Pain and Sonic Wave, able to devastate an entire team at once. Chasing down straggling prey is another of her fortes, with Shadow Strike crippling their ability to escape. Akasha is very adept at getting kills early in the game, and transitions very well into a semi-carry if she acquires the proper items.
- The dagger travels at a speed of 900.
- The slow decreases in 1 second intervals. This is how much Shadow Strike slows on each level at each second:
- Level 1: 20.0% / 16.3% / 13.1% / 10.3% / 8.1% / 6.2% / 4.7% / 3.5% / 2.5% / 1.8% / 1.3% / 0.9% / 0.6% / 0.4% / 0.3%
- Level 2: 30.0% / 24.5% / 19.6% / 15.5% / 12.1% / 9.3% / 7.0% / 5.2% / 3.8% / 2.8% / 2.0% / 1.4% / 1.0% / 0.6% / 0.4%
- Level 3: 40.0% / 32.6% / 26.2% / 20.7% / 16.1% / 12.4% / 9.3% / 7.0% / 5.1% / 3.7% / 2.6% / 1.8% / 1.3% / 0.9% / 0.6%
- Level 4: 50.0% / 40.8% / 32.7% / 25.9% / 20.1% / 15.5% / 11.7% / 8.7% / 6.4% / 4.6% / 3.3% / 2.3% / 1.6% / 1.1% / 0.7%
- A unit with less than 25% of its maximum health can be denied when it has the Shadow Strike debuff on.
- Deals the initial damage upon impact and the damage over time in 3 second intervals, resulting in overall 6 damage instances.
- Can deal up to 200/300/400/500 damage to the target (before reductions).
- Successive casts on the same target remove the debuff from the previous cast and place a new one.
- This means the initial damage is dealt again, and the slow value and tick interval are effectively reset.
- The level 20 talent adds a 650 radius to this spell. The targeting reticule must be centered over an enemy unit.
- Scream of Pain interrupts Queen of Pain's channeling spells upon cast.
- The projectiles travel at a speed of 900.
- Sonic Wave travels at a speed of 900, taking 1 second to travel the full distance.
- Can hit units up to 1350 range away (travel distance + end radius).
- The complete area is shaped like a cone.
- Fully affects couriers.
- Does not block spells cast by allies.
- Does not block , , and .
- Does not block , , , and .
- For a list of blocked spells, see Spell Block.
- Fully stacks with the Spell Block of .
- Cooldown reductions fully affect the cooldown, but cooldown resets do not.
|15s Spell Block||25||1.5s Fear|
|650 AoE||20||30% Spell Lifesteal|
|+40 Attack Speed||15||12% Cooldown Reduction|
|+10 Strength||10||+25 Damage|
- The strength talent effectively grants Queen of Pain 180 health, 5.5% health regen amplification and 0.8% magic resistance.
- The cooldown reduction talent stacks multiplicatively with Arcane Rune. and additively with
- The spell lifesteal talent stacks additively with other sources of spell lifesteal.
- and it's components give Queen of Pain a decent early game attributes boost.
- helps Queen of Pain score last hits and gives a chance to survive a gank.
- improves Queen of Pain's early stats, and can be built into a later on, or eaten with .
- can patch Queen of Pain up after a gank or heavy trading with her opponent.
- helps Queen of Pain to continue harassing her opponent with Shadow Strike.
- gives Queen of Pain much needed burst regen which can be used in emergency situations.
- provides Queen of Pain with reliable health and mana regeneration. Blink grants her almost incontestable rune control allowing her to easily replenish Bottle charges.
- helps Queen of Pain resist harassment and gankers, while providing much needed mana regeneration.
- shrines. provide Queen of Pain attack speed and attribute switch, allowing her to be more durable and gain more value from and
- gives Queen of Pain a strong disable to prevent the hero she blinks on from fighting back, as well as plenty of mana regeneration and a damage increase.
- 's Spell Shield helps Queen of Pain to survive long enough to blink to safety, while providing all-around attributes and regen.
- protects against most disables and nukes, allowing Queen of Pain to blink into fight with no fear.
- increases armor, as well as mana pool. The active double-downs on Queen of Pain's ability to slowdown and nuke enemies.
- 's Chain Lightning and Static Charge paired with Spell Lifesteal talent can tremendously boost Queen of Pain's survivability in teamfights.
- evasion. is a natural late game upgrade from . It can be purchased earlier to help Queen of Pain and her team deal with
- Roshan. is an alternative armor piece that helps Queen of Pain's team take objectives such as towers and
- grants Queen of Pain good early-mid game armor and health regen, at the same time greatly increasing her team's magic damage. But don't forget that Sonic Wave will not benefit from it.
- can dispel silence, or it can buy Queen of Pain enough time to get a blink off, while providing cheap mana regen.
- highly reduces Sonic Wave's cooldown time, ensuring it is always available when it is needed. It also provides marginal increase in Sonic Wave's damage.
- gives good attributes, increasing Queen of Pain's survivability while also giving her the mana she needs to cast her costly spells. Hex is also one of the strongest hard-disables in the game that can completely turn teamfights around.
|Roles:||Carry Nuker Escape|
|Playstyle:||Summoned in secret to fulfill a forbidden desire, Akasha performed the most exquisite torments—until her client was thrown to his death for neglecting his royal duties. Released from her contract, the Queen of Pain was now free to bring agony to whomever she pleased. She Shadow Strikes, hurling a poisoned dagger that draws out the suffering over time. Running is futile. Akasha Blinks past defenses, wracking her victims with Scream of Pain. There is only one release from such torture. The Queen flexes her membranous wings, then delivers an earpiercing Sonic Wave that will put an end to all misery.|
- Akasha is the name (or variant of the name) of the fifth element in many religions such as Hinduism, Wicca (or other Neopaganism), with its roots deriving from ancient Paganism. "Akasha", when translated to English (from Sanskrit), means "aether" (air/spirit, depending on context). This element is seen/represented as the top point of a pentagram, a symbol sometimes misused as one of evil (there is no devil-esque figure in Paganism), and could have been intended to show or derive from Queen of Pain's sadistic nature.
's Doom skill icon is a regular pentagram, so it might be a misconception held by the DotA staff and reasoning for her name. A regular pentagram on someone, ignoring misconceptions, is actually protective.
- The name Aether is one of the many references Dota 2 makes to Greek mythology, as it is derived from a Greek deity of the same name.
- Akasha is also the name of the Queen of the Damned from Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles novel series, which could have inspired Queen of Pain's name, who, in turn, could have derived her name from the above roots.
- Scream of Pain's and Sonic Wave's sounds are based on some voice lines of Queen of Pain. Scream of Pain is based on this Play, while Sonic Wave uses a part of this Play.
- Queen of Pain's dying line "Your queen is dead" is possibly a reference to The Smiths' album, The Queen is Dead.
- Most of Queen of Pain's abilities were derived from the Warcraft III Night Elf hero, the Warden, with Sonic Wave being the only new ability introduced, replacing Vengeance. Fan of Knives was also substituted for Scream of Pain with the same effect, though an older version of Queen of Pain did have the Fan of Knives ability.
- Queen of Pain's response for killing Phantom Assassin "Blink! You're dead." likely refers to the popular Dr. Who episode "Don't Blink" in which the Doctor says, referring to Weeping Angels, "Don't blink, don't even blink. Blink, and you're dead."
- This line Play "The Queen is dead, long live the Queen." is a reference to the movie Robin Hood (2010), when Prince John received King Richard's crown from Eleanor of Aquitaine.