- Due to Pugna's incredible int growth and terrible strength growth, Nyx should always be able to take you out with his combo, with or without an added . will deal a lethal 670 damage to you if you're level 25 with no items and no points in attribute, of your 1120 hp under the same conditions.
- is also a great tool versus Pugna. A good player will wait for you in until you farm a creep wave with Nether Blast and reflect it back at you as their initiation and setup for .
- Clockwerk loves to low-hp, immobile targets like you. Your Life Drain will be immediately canceled by if you're trapped inside . And it will be canceled over and over again if you farmed an , you will need huge amounts of mana to keep it going.
- Clockwerk also loves to build , which will harm you more than it harms him if you try to Nether Blast him.
- Finally, both and can allow him to finish you off out of range of your Nether Ward.
- Sniper's huge range makes it difficult to channel Life drain against him as he can just take a couple of steps back to cancel your drain.
- Sniper's is a great tool to get vision on your Nether ward, and he can take it out with ease if it's not far behind enough.
- Sniper has plenty of magical damage to hurt you and your allies while anyone is under Decrepify.
- Though Life drain instantly takes out illusions, Phantom Lancer creates way too many for you to handle.
- A good Phantom Lancer will also dodge as needed your Nether Blast with .
- Phantom Lancer is the most natural carrier to counter Pugna's very large pool of mana to burn away.
- It is fairly common for Anti-Mage to get rack multiple kills at once by targeting his against you.
- The good news is you should die well before you're out of mana, so his ultimate won't deal as much damage as it could.
- Luna won't be needing too much to worry about Nether Ward since she has cheap nukes.
- Luna can dominate Pugna both in team fights (Low mana costs) and 1 vs 1.
- Luna's can cancel Pugna's Life Drain even if he has as long as he doesn't buy .
- totally nullifies Pugna's damage output and trying to save himself from Luna with Decrepify is suicide because she will be able to finish you with , and Eclipse can be seriously devastating if amplified.
- Any hero that can blink on top of him makes a good threat to Pugna.
- Special mention goes to as she could kill herself with if your Nether Ward is up.
- Similarly, any hero that will sneak up on you could kill you before you have time to react.
- allows for someone to quickly escape a Life Drain for a very small mana cost. With quick fingers, you can also dodge Nether Blast.
- and both reduces Pugna's damage output considerably.
- Pugna's only tool against is a defensive Decrepify.
- is great versus Pugna as he hates being jumped on because of his extremely fragile nature.
- making Pugna can't use his Life Drain and Decrepify
- making Life Drain meaningless also reflects Dagon or Decrepify.
- can remove Decrepify defensively cast on pugna's team but not on the enemy.
- Amazingly, Enchantress has even lower hp than Pugna. Though she does pack quite a punch through , though she can't use it if she is under Decrepify.
- Pugna's Magical DPS is way greater than the heal from , which will also harm her quite a bit if she's next to Nether Ward.
- Decrepify is the perfect tool against until he gets a , and even then he will probably waste a couple of slashes before he uses it.
- Without an extra disable, Pugna's high movement speed makes it impossible to chase him with .
- Unlike some other carries like or , Juggernaut's spells cost a hefty amount of mana and he will seriously get hurt by Nether Ward. Don't forget the damage from the ward is inflicted before the spell immunity is provided by .
- For the better part of the game, he will take more damage from your ward than he deals to you with .
- It will take a huge difference in farm or itemization between you for him to deal any damage to you with , provided he doesn't die first from casting it next to your ward.
- Nether Ward can punish Timbersaw, as Timbersaw is a spell-caster with low cooldowns. Furthermore, Timbersaw usually appears in the midst of battle, placing himself in range of Nether Ward's Mana Flares.
- Timbersaw has no stuns or silences to stop Life Drain. Since all of Pugna's Spells is magical, the damage can be devastating to Timbersaw.
- Decrepify can further increase all the magical damage done to Timbersaw, bypassing the enhanced physical resistance he can get from .
- He needs to be rather close to you to pose a threat, and he should die very quickly from his own spells thanks to your ward.
- His army will die in a heartbeat once you've farmed up an since Life Drain instantly deals with illusions.
- You can also protect whoever he chooses to with a timely Decrepify.
- Decrepify prevents Shadow Fiend from attacking for its duration, potentially preventing him from getting a kill.
- Nether Ward can do heavy damage to Shadow Fiend if he tries to cast his and his .
- Decrepify prevents Void to attack trapped allies inside , especially during early-mid game Void doesn't have BKB or Manta yet.
- Nether Ward can destroy him, because of the relatively high mana cost of spells which need to be comboed.
- Up to a certain extent, Decrepify can make life miserable for a ton of right-clicking carries. With an you will have 78% uptime on it (minus cast times), and if you take the lvl 20 talent +2s Decrepify Duration, it increases to 100% uptime(minus cast times).
- Special mention goes to who simply loves to on top of you. If you're not already dead, just decrepify her and suck the life out of her.
- Nether Ward will be problematic for heavy nukers and spammers like , , and , but don't use Decrepify defensively against them as you'll be helping them out more than anything.
- Since Life drain takes out illusions instantly, Pugna with a scepter is decent versus plenty of illusion heroes, most notably and and the aforementioned . is an exception.
Works well with...
- Io and Pugna can gank easily for Decrepify provides a boost to his other spells, as well as Io's .
- If Io is healing an ally with , you can cast Life Drain on Io to give it health, so Tether will heal its target for an absurd amount of health, useful to save an important ally.
- holds enemy hero long enough for Pugna to cast spells. If she is losing Duel, he can Decrepify or Life Drain heal her.
- A good opponent will always try to focus a Necrophos. Here's another ally who will take the enemy's initiation for you in order to help you get your spells off. Don't forget to help him out in return through a friendly Life drain, and hugely amping up the damage from , or at least protecting him from right clicks.
- Here's an ally who will soak up the damage for you. Don't forget you can also restore her mana with Life Drain once she's back to full hp.
- If your mana allows it, don't forget to spam Nether Blast while she tanks the tower for your team.
- Though an opponent has to be particularly blind, the slow from can allow you to catch-up to an opponent, slow him further with Decrepify and unleash stupid amounts of magic damage with and .
- and hold enemy heroes in place just enough for Nether Blast and Life Drain to finish them off.
- Decrepify lowers enemies' magic resistance, increasing the potency of .
- Heroes that can make good use of Decrepify for they possess huge amount of magical burst: , , , ,
- Heroes with abilities that can keep targets in range of Nether Blast and Life Drain: , , , ,
- grants Pugna invisibility so the enemy cannot easily interrupt Life Drain.
- 's magical damage increases thanks to Decrepify's magic resistance reduction.