Pugna is a ranged intelligence hero whose spells give him powerful nuking and pushing capability. Nether Blast is a delayed low-cooldown area nuke which also deals damage to buildings, allowing Pugna to use it as a basic nuke as well as a pushing spell. Decrepify is a unit-targeted spell that gives its target the ethereal status effect, rendering them unable to take physical damage but also slowing them and decreasing their magic resistance. Nether Ward is a ward-type ability that debilitates enemy casting, degenerating their mana while punishing them with powerful nukes based on the mana cost of the spells they cast within its domain. Pugna's ultimate ability, Life Drain, is a channeling ability which saps enemy health and grants it to himself, and can be cast on allies to give them health and mana as well. With a strong array of versatile nukes, Pugna can be a force to be reckoned with in teamfights, able to blast his foes into Oblivion with ease.
- Deals 50/87.5/125/162.5 ( 150/187.5/225/262.5) damage to buildings.
- The visual effects and the sound during the 0.9 second effect delay are only visible and audible to allies.
- Reduces most heroes' total magic resistance to 6.25% if allied, or to 2.5%/-5%/-12.5%/-20% if enemy, assuming basic 25% magic resistance and no other sources of magic resistance.
- Reduces Visage's total magic resistance to -12.5% if allied, or to -17%/-26%/-35%/-44% if enemy, assuming his basic magic resistance and no other sources of magic resistance.
- Decrepify's magic resistance reduction does not stack with other ethereal effects, the one with higher value takes priority.
- Can be cast on Nether Wards and Tombstones.
- This includes allied Nether Wards and Tombstones, and enemy Nether Wards, but not enemy Tombstones, since it does not pierce spell immunity on enemies.
- Cannot be cast on any other ward.
- Does not slow allied targets.
- When double-clicking the ability, the ward is placed right in front of Pugna, 150 range away from him.
- The mana loss is provided by an aura with 1600 radius. Its debuff lingers for 0.5 seconds. The flare is independent from the aura.
- Causes mana loss by directly decreasing mana regeneration, so it drains 0.025%/0.05%/0.075%/0.1% mana in 0.1 second intervals.
- Can remove up to 7.625%/15.25%/22.875%/30.5% of a unit's maximum mana (ward duration + debuff linger time).
- Mana Flare triggers on every instance of mana usage from spells and items. If a spell or item costs no mana to use, it does not trigger on it.
- Mana Flare does not trigger on mana loss caused in other ways (all forms of mana burn, Mana Drain, Mana Leak, etc).
- The mana loss from Overcharge counts as a mana removal, not as a mana cost, and therefore does not proc Mana Flare either.
- Mana Flare deals the damage before the actual spell is cast, so if the target dies, the spell stays unused.
- The damage source is the ward itself, meaning certain on-damage effects react on the ward rather than on Pugna (e.g. Blade Mail).
- Illusions are treated as creeps when attacking the ward, so they take 16 attacks to destroy it, instead of 4 like heroes.
- The link breaks when the target turns invulnerable or hidden, exceeds the break distance, or runs out of health.
- The health restored equals the amount of damage dealt per tick after all reductions.
- This means when a damage instance is reduced (e.g. magic resistance, Refraction, etc), it heals for the reduced amount.
- But this also means that amplifying the damage (e.g. Decrepify, Soul Catcher, etc), causes it to heal for more.
- This also goes for targeting allies. The more damage it deals to Pugna, the more it heals and vice versa.
- This means that Pugna cannot heal his allies while he has 100% magic resistance (e.g. via spell immunity), since he takes 0 damage from the spell.
- The +25% heal talent for Life Drain amplifies the healing done by Life Drain by 25%. It is still based on the damage dealt.
- If Pugna's or the allied hero's health is full and the damaged unit is a hero, it restores their mana instead.
- This means it also restores mana on allied non-hero units when they are at full health, since Pugna (a hero) is damaged.
- Just like the health restoring, the amount of mana restored equals the amount of damage dealt after all reductions.
- The self-damage when targeting allies is lethal, so it can be used to deny oneself.
- Drains 37.5/56.25/75 health in 0.25 second intervals, starting 0.25 seconds after cast, resulting in up to 40 instances.
- The talent amplifies the heal value to 46.875/70.3125/93.75 without changing the damage value.
- The color of the drain changes depending on the situation:
- When draining life from an enemy, the drain is red/green (pink/blue if Pugna is at full health).
- When draining life into an ally, the drain is green/green (blue/green if the ally is at full health).
- Can drain up to 1500/2250/3000 health (before reductions) when fully channeled.
- With the talent, it can heal up to 1875/2812.5/3750 health, while the damage dealt remains unchanged.
- Instantly destroys targeted enemy illusions on the first instance. Allied illusions are not destroyed.
|+1.75 Netherward Damage Per Mana||25||+200 Nether Blast Damage|
|+2s Decrepify Duration||20||+25% Life Drain Heal|
|+2 Nether Ward Health||15||-1s Netherblast Cooldown|
|+225 Health||10||+25 Movement Speed|
- The health talent increases maximum health capacity, and keeps the current health percentage.
- Iron Branch gives cheap attributes, helping Pugna to some health and mana.
- Clarity replenishes mana in lane to use abilities.
- Tango sustains Pugna's health in lane.
- Healing Salve restores large amount of health in the early game.
- Enchanted Mango gives passive health regeneration and a source of mana when consumed.
- Null Talisman gives some attributes, mostly intelligence, to help with getting last hits; it can later build into Veil of Discord.
- Magic Stick provides burst health and mana in a pinch, allowing Pugna to survive and cast more spells.
- Boots of Speed give Pugna movement speed to compensate for his low defense.
- Bottle sustains health and mana, while giving abilitiy to store runes for later opportunities.
- Infused Raindrop grants mana regeneration and absorption of some magical damage.
- Wind Lace offers a boost to movement speed for cheap.
- Magic Wand grants additional attributes and increased charge storage for health and mana.
- Arcane Boots increases the size of Pugna's mana pool while allowing him to replenish it. He can disassemble them later to make Aether Lens.
- Aether Lens increases mana pool and mana regeneration, facilitating Pugna's spell casting. The increased cast range helps Pugna stay a safe distance from enemies. The spell damage amplification increases the potency of both Life Drain and Nether Blast.
- Aghanim's Scepter provides attributes across the board, giving Pugna more health and mana to use abilities frequently. The upgraded Life Drain with removed cooldown allows for infinite uptime given enough mana.
- Veil of Discord gives attributes, armor, health regeneration, and a way to reduce enemies' magic resistance, complementing Nether Blast and Life Drain.
- Rod of Atos gives Pugna attributes and a root to hold enemies for Life Drain.
- Black King Bar's spell immunity protects Pugna from being interrupted while channeling Life Drain. When combined with a self-cast Decrepify, enemies will find him virtually invulnerable to damage.
- Linken's Sphere provides attributes, regeneration, and Spellblock to protect against certain single targeted disables that may interrupt Life Drain.
- Boots of Travel gives movement speed and global presence.
- Meteor Hammer synergies with Nether Blast and Decrepify and even Life Drain if successfully landed a stun.
- Glimmer Cape increases magic resistance which helps with survivability. The active ability provides invisibility for Pugna while channeling Life Drain, or for using on himself or teammates to escape.
- Force Staff gives Pugna mobility and escape that can be used on himself or allies. The increased intelligence boosts the size of his mana pool, while the health regeneration keeps him topped up.
- Blink Dagger greatly improves Pugna's mobility, getting him in range to use abilities.
- Ghost Scepter might seem to be redundant, since you have Decrepify. However, having Ghost Scepter allows you to counter enemy heroes with dispels, like Nullifier, to purge a self-cast Decrepify, and it allows you to be bolder when casting Decrepify on allies and enemies alike.
- Eul's Scepter of Divinity grants mana regeneration, mana, and movement speed to keep Pugna ready to fight. The active ability gives further utilities like removing debuffs, setting up kills, and delaying while Decrepify or other abilities are cooling down.
- Tranquil Boots provides movement speed, as well as health regeneration which can be passed onto allies with Life Drain.
- Kaya enhances abilities of Pugna by increasing their damage while reducing their manacost.
- Urn of Shadows gives some attributes, armor, mana regeneration, and an active heal.
- Drum of Endurance provides Pugna with attributes and movement speed aura.
- Lotus Orb grants armor, regeneration, and Echo Shell to dispel and reflect single targeted abilities.
- Scythe of Vyse gives Pugna more attributes and a hex to further control enemy heroes.
- Shiva's Guard grants Pugna armor, intelligence, as well as a way to slow many enemies.
- Dagon provides intelligence and an additional magical burst.
- Necronomicon aids Pugna and team during sieging, especially with tier 3 tower pushes.
- Guardian Greaves, upgraded from Arcane Boots and Mekansm, recovers a large amount of health and mana to Pugna and allies.
|Playstyle:||Chosen at a tender age to be the next lama, Pugna wasted no time in demonstrating his abilities. He Decrepifies his classmates, briefly banishing them to another realm. His Nether Ward fires mana flares at the source of any nearby magic, discouraging even the most powerful casters. A Nether Blast soon rocked the lamasery, razing it to the ground. The temple no longer served any purpose. Pugna had transcended his predecessors—a fact few would doubt lest he decides to Life Drain them into oblivion.|
- According to Alchemist's rival hero taunt, Pugna is composed largely of phosphorus. Being a skeleton, he would be made of the phosphorus-containing mineral hydroxyapatite, a major component of bone.
- Several lines of dialogue reference Viper being Pugna's pet before he was summoned from the Nether by a wizard.
- "Pugna" is a Latin word that translates to a few meanings, namely "fight", "dispute", or "conflict".
- Pugna's unused response Play "First, do no harm." is a reference to the medical principle "Primum non nocere", which is latin and translates into "First, do no harm".
- In DotA, Pugna's title was Oblivion. While his lore and lines still mention "Oblivion" in Dota 2, this is now the name of his art of sorcery rather than his title, making Pugna one of the few Dota 2 heroes without both a name and a title.
Low Violence model