Pugna is a ranged intelligence hero whose spells give him powerful nuking and pushing capability. Nether Blast is a low-cooldown area nuke with slight delay that deals significant damage to buildings, giving Pugna the option to use it both as a basic nuke as well as a pushing spell. Decrepify is a unit-targeted spell that gives its target the ethereal status effect, rendering them unable to take physical damage but also slowing them and decreasing their magic resistance. Nether Ward drops a stationary, ward-like device that severely debilitates enemy casting, dishing out powerful nukes proportional to how mana-intensive the enemies spells are. Pugna's ultimate ability, Life Drain, is a channeling ability that saps enemy health and grants it directly back to himself. It can be cast on allies to give them health and mana as well. With a strong array of nukes and a spell specifically designed to amplify them, Pugna is a force to be reckoned with both in teamfights and solo situations, able to blast his foes into Oblivion quite easily.
- Deals 50/87.5/125/162.5 ( 130/167.5/205/242.5) damage to buildings.
- The visual effects and the sound during the 0.9 second effect delay are only visible and audible to allies.
- Turns the target ethereal, disarming them, rendering them attack immune, and granting 100% physical damage resistance.
- Reduces most allied heroes' total magic resistance to 6.25%, assuming basic 25% magic resistance and no other sources of magic resistance.
- Reduces most enemy heroes' total magic resistance to 2%/-5%/-13%/-20%, assuming basic 25% magic resistance and no other sources of magic resistance.
- Decrepify's magic resistance reduction does not stack with other ethereal effects, the one with higher value takes priority.
- Can be cast on
- This includes allied Nether Wards and Tombstones, and enemy Nether Wards, but not enemy Tombstones, since it does not pierce spell immunity on enemies.
- Cannot be cast on any other ward.
- Does not slow allied targets.
- When double-clicking the ability, the ward is placed right in front of Pugna, 150 range away from him.
- The mana regen reduction is provided by an aura with 1600 radius. Its debuff lingers for 0.5 seconds. The flare is independent from the aura.
- Can degenerate up to 11.1%/18%/26.5%/36.6% of a unit's max mana over its full duration.
- Can fully degenerate a unit's mana within 166.67/125/100/83.33 seconds.
- The damage triggers on every instance of mana usage from spells and items. If a spell or item costs no mana to use, it does not trigger on it.
- The damage does not trigger on mana loss caused in other ways (all forms of mana burn, , , etc).
- The damage is dealt before the actual spell is cast, so if the target dies, the spell stays unused.
- This means that spells which provide protection (e.g. , ) do not save the caster if the damage is lethal.
- Dying with ready triggers the damage, but it does not prevent Reincarnation from going off.
- The damage source is the ward itself, meaning certain on-damage effects react on the ward rather than on Pugna (e.g. ).
- Illusions are treated as creeps when attacking the ward, so they take 16 ( 28) attacks to destroy it, instead of 4 ( 7) like heroes.
- The link breaks when the target turns invulnerable or hidden, exceeds the break distance, or runs out of health.
- The health restored equals the amount of damage dealt per tick after all reductions.
- This means when a damage instance is reduced (e.g. magic resistance, , etc), it heals for the reduced amount.
- But this also means that amplifying the damage (e.g. ), causes it to heal for more.
- This also goes for targeting allies. The more damage it deals to Pugna, the more it heals and vice versa.
- As a result, Pugna cannot heal allies if he has 100% magic resistance (e.g. magic shield. ) or is under the effects of a
- The +20% heal talent for Life Drain amplifies the healing done by Life Drain by 20%. This is multiplicative of other heal amps. It is still based on the damage dealt.
- If Pugna's or the allied hero's health is full and the damaged unit is a hero, it restores their mana instead.
- This means it also restores mana on allied non-hero units when they are at full health, since Pugna (a hero) is damaged.
- Just like the health restoring, the amount of mana restored equals the amount of damage dealt after all reductions.
- The self-damage when targeting allies is lethal, so it can be used to deny oneself.
- Drains 37.5/56.25/75 ( 50/75/100) health in 0.25 second intervals, starting 0.25 seconds after cast, resulting in up to 40 instances.
- The color of the drain changes depending on the situation:
- When draining life from an enemy, the drain is red/green (pink/blue if Pugna is at full health).
- When draining life into an ally, the drain is green/green (blue/green if the ally is at full health).
- Can drain up to 1500/2250/3000 ( 2000/3000/4000) health (before reductions) when fully channeled.
- Instantly destroys targeted enemy illusions on the first instance. Allied illusions are not destroyed.
|+1.5Damage Per Mana||25||+160Damage|
|+175 Health||10||+15 Movement Speed|
- The health talent increases maximum health capacity, and keeps the current health percentage.
- Level 10 left talent: +225 health reduced to +175.
- Level 10 right talent: +20 movement speed reduced to +15.
- Level 15 right talent: -1s cooldown reduced to -0.8s.
- Level 20 left talent: +2s duration reduced to +1.5s.
- Level 20 right talent: +25% heal reduced to +20%.
- Level 25 left talent: +1.75 damage per mana reduced to +1.5.
- Level 25 right talent: +200 damage reduced to +160.
- Reduced cast range from 700 on each level to 400/500/600/700.
- Reduced duration from 30 on each level to 18/22/26/30.
- Increased max mana loss per second from 0.3%/0.6%/0.9%/1.2% to 0.6%/0.8%/1%/1.2%.
- Reduced health drain per second from 175/275/375 to 150/225/300.
- now also increases damage to 200/300/400.
- Reduced link break distance from 1000 to 900.
- Reduced cooldown from 22 to 7.
- gives cheap attributes, helping Pugna to some health and mana.
- replenishes mana in lane to use abilities; Pugna may ferry out Clarity throughout the game as an inexpensive source of mana regeneration.
- sustains Pugna's health in lane.
- restores large amount of health in the early game.
- gives passive health regeneration and a source of mana when consumed.
- gives some attributes, mostly intelligence, to help with getting last hits.
- provides burst health and mana in a pinch, allowing Pugna to survive and cast more spells.
- give Pugna movement speed to compensate for his low defense.
- offers a boost to movement speed for cheap.
- grants additional attributes and increased charge storage for health and mana.
- increases the size of Pugna's mana pool while allowing him to replenish it. He can disassemble them later to make Aether Lens.
- increases mana pool and mana regeneration, facilitating Pugna's spell casting. The increased cast range helps Pugna stay a safe distance from enemies.
- root to hold enemies down for Life Drain. gives Pugna attributes and a
- 's spell immunity protects Pugna from being interrupted while channeling Life Drain. When combined with a self-cast Decrepify, enemies will find him virtually invulnerable to damage.
- provides attributes, regeneration, and Spellblock to protect against certain single targeted disables that may interrupt Life Drain.
- gives movement speed and global presence.
- sustains health and mana, while giving abilitiy to store runes for later opportunities.
- provides intelligence and an additional huge magical burst in combination with Decrepify. A full nether blast, decrepify, dagon 5 combo deals about ~1500 damage before resistances.
- provides attributes across the board, giving Pugna more health and mana to use abilities frequently. The upgraded Life Drain with removed cooldown allows for infinite uptime given enough mana.
- enhances abilities of Pugna by increasing their damage while reducing their mana cost.
- greatly improves Pugna's mobility and allows him to quickly get off a full dagon combo and blink out before any enemies can react.
- gives Pugna mobility and escape that works on himself and allies. The increased intelligence boosts the size of his mana pool, while the health regeneration keeps him topped up.
- increases magic resistance which helps with survivability. The active ability provides invisibility for Pugna while channeling Life Drain, or for using on himself or teammates to escape.
- gives attributes, armor, health regeneration, and a way to reduce enemies' magic resistance, complementing Nether Blast and Life Drain.
- synergies with Nether Blast and Decrepify and even Life Drain if successfully landed a stun.
- dispels, like , to dispel a self-cast Decrepify, and it allows you to be bolder when casting Decrepify on allies and enemies alike. might seem to be redundant, since you have Decrepify. However, having Ghost Scepter allows you to counter enemy heroes with
- grants mana regeneration, mana, and movement speed to keep Pugna ready to fight. The active ability gives further utilities like removing debuffs, setting up kills, and delaying while Decrepify or other abilities are cooling down.
- provides movement speed, as well as health regeneration which can be passed onto allies with Life Drain.
- gives small bonuses including mana regeneration and movement speed, as well as an active heal and a tool to counter enemy healing.
- provides Pugna with attributes and movement speed for early skirmishes.
- grants armor, regeneration, and Echo Shell to dispel and reflect single targeted abilities.
- hex to further control enemy heroes. gives Pugna more attributes and a
- grants Pugna armor, intelligence, as well as a way to slow many enemies.
- aids Pugna and team during sieging, especially with tier 3 tower pushes.
- recovers a large amount of health and mana to Pugna and allies.
|Playstyle:||Chosen at a tender age to be the next lama, Pugna wasted no time in demonstrating his abilities. He Decrepifies his classmates, briefly banishing them to another realm. His Nether Ward fires mana flares at the source of any nearby magic, discouraging even the most powerful casters. A Nether Blast soon rocked the lamasery, razing it to the ground. The temple no longer served any purpose. Pugna had transcended his predecessors—a fact few would doubt lest he decides to Life Drain them into oblivion.|
- According to 's rival hero taunt, Pugna is composed largely of phosphorus. Being a skeleton, he would be made of the phosphorus-containing mineral hydroxyapatite, a major component of bone.
- Several lines of dialogue reference being Pugna's pet before he was summoned from the Nether by a wizard.
- "Pugna" is a Latin word that translates to a few meanings, namely "fight", "dispute", or "conflict".
- Pugna's unused response ▶️ "First, do no harm." is a reference to the medical principle "Primum non nocere", which is latin and translates into "First, do no harm".
- In DotA, Pugna's title was Oblivion. While his lore and lines still mention "Oblivion" in Dota 2, this is now the name of his art of sorcery rather than his title, making Pugna one of the few Dota 2 heroes without both a name and a title.
Low Violence model