Puck, the Faerie Dragon, is a highly mobile ranged intelligence hero best known for being an extremely unpredictable and slippery target. Puck is commonly played as an initiator and ganker, with spells that are equally useful for super-aggressive maneuvers as well as daring escapes. Expert use of Puck's abilities will let you appear out of nowhere, suddenly leave your enemies crippled and disadvantaged, and get away in the blink of an eye - but mess up your timing or misjudge the situation, and there is little left to save this fragile Hero from death.
- The orb takes 3 seconds to reach max distance and can hit units up to 2175 range away (travel distance + damage radius).
- It takes up to 3.3 seconds and can hit units up to 2375 range away when the general cast range increasing talent is chosen.
- It takes up to 3 seconds and can hit units up to 3150 range away when Illusory Orb's own range and speed increasing talent is chosen.
- It takes up to 3.2 seconds and can hit units up to 3350 range away when both talents are chosen.
- Only the distance increase from the level 20 talent is displayed. The level 10 talent can further increase the distance to 3125.
- The level 10 talent alone increases the distance to 2150.
- The orb starts emitting red pulses after having traveled for 2.5 seconds, indicating that it is about to reach its maximum travel range.
- The orb leaves behind a trail of flying vision, with a radius of 450. The vision lingers for 5 seconds.
- This ability is automatically learned whenever is learned.
- This ability stays inactive until Illusory Orb is cast and turns inactive again once the orb of that cast is gone.
- Ethereal Jaunt disjoints projectiles upon cast.
- When two orbs are cast in succession, this ability only stays active for the duration of the first cast orb.
- However, it always teleports the caster to their last created orb.
- Phase Shift disjoints projectiles upon cast.
- Certain items which do not cancel channeling spells (e.g. or ) do cancel Phase Shift.
- Does not provide phased movement, so the caster can still block other units during Phase Shift.
- The buff lingers for one server tick once the channeling ends or is interrupted, which allows using items while still invulnerable and hidden.
When upgraded, latches on spell immune enemies without stunning or damaging them. Turning spell immune does not dispel the leash. Leash break stun and damage spell immunity.
- Every enemy hero (including illusions, clones, and creep-heroes) within 375 range of the coil gets leashed upon cast, preventing them from casting certain mobility spells.
- Entering the area after cast has no effect. The coil does not leash enemies after cast.
- If a leashed enemy moves 600 range away from the coil, the leash snaps, stunning and damaging the enemy.
- It does not matter how far or how fast the enemy moves away, the stun and damage always hit it if possible.
- The leash snap first applies the damage, then the debuff.
- Dream Coil leashes invisible units and on units in the Fog of War as well, but it does not provide vision over them. The link visually draws to their last known location.
- Multiple instances of Dream Coil fully stack, with each cast placing its own separate leash.
- When the level 25 talent is chosen, the caster performs instant attacks on all leashed enemies, as long as Puck stays within 775 radius of the targeted area.
- These attacks can proc any attack modifier and on hit effects normally.
- The attacks are performed even while the caster is disabled, or hidden. This means the attacks happen even during .
- Since the rapid fire is bound to the leash, snapping it, or dispelling it with spell immunity causes the attacks to stop.
- Multiple instances of Dream Coil on enemies causes the caster to attack multiple times, for each instance, with the interval based on when the debuffs were received.
|Rapid Fire||25||+420 Gold/Min|
|+90 Damage||15||+15% Spell Amplification|
|+200 Cast Range||10||Attack|
- Reduced base from -1 to -3.
- Reduced damage from 100/160/220/280 to 70/140/210/280.
- Increased upgraded stun duration from 1.5/3/4.5 to 1.8/3/4.5.
- Fixed sometimes not registering cast orders.
- is now a ground-targeted ability with 350 cast range, first teleporting Puck there and then applying its effects. [ ]
- now deals 100/150/200 damage upon cast.
- Level 10 left talent: Increasead cast range bonus from 150 to 200.
- Level 10 right talent: Replaced +6 all bonus with performs on all enemies within attack range + 200.
- Increased <a href="/Agility" title="Agility"><img alt="Agility attribute symbol.png" src="https://gamepedia.cursecdn.com/dota2_gamepedia/thumb/2/2d/Agility_attribute_symbol.png/20px-Agility_attribute_symbol.png?version=4022c3f8fd6aec761efd859358f8c078" width="20" height="20" class="noprint" srcset="https://gamepedia.cursecdn.com/dota2_gamepedia/thumb/2/2d/Agility_attribute_symbol.png/30px-Agility_attribute_symbol.png?version=4022c3f8fd6aec761efd859358f8c078 1.5x, https://gamepedia.cursecdn.com/dota2_gamepedia/thumb/2/2d/Agility_attribute_symbol.png/40px-Agility_attribute_symbol.png?version=4022c3f8fd6aec761efd859358f8c078 2x" /></a> gain from 1.7 to 2.2.
- can no longer be cast while .
- can now be cast while .
- Level 20 left talent: Increased speed/distance bonus from 40% to 50%.
- Level 20 right talent: Increased cooldown reduction from 8 to 9.
- helps keep Puck in lane. You can also use healing salve into phase shift to allow Puck to heal HP even while in combat.
- allows Puck to use Illusory Orb more often in lane.
- and its components gives Puck a decent early game attributes boost.
- supplies an instant heal and attack damage, which may give Puck an edge in trading hits and killing creeps.
- helps Puck sustain mana and health to keep active in the mid lane.
- because two null talismans have a ton of potential because of the magic amplification. Puck relies on fast bursts to get kills.
- helps Puck manages rune from the mid lane, as well as replenishing mana for its early game nukes.
- increase movement speed to help Puck get to runes.
- helps Puck rotate to different lanes and help out allies.
- help Puck in the early to mid game, as they supplement both Puck's small health pool, as well as its mana pool.
- , an alternative to Power Treads, help Puck use its magical nukes more often in the early to mid game.
- provides great synergy with Puck's abilities and further augments its evasive nature.
- offers another disable, as well as keeping Puck safe for a few extra seconds until its other escape abilities come off cooldown.
- increases Puck's damage output with magical burst and intelligence.
- makes Puck even harder to pin down, and provides great attributes and regeneration.
- provides mana and mana regeneration, helping Puck use its expensive abilities. It also provides hex for Puck to disable the enemies.
- spell immunity, great if allies can force the stun. Combined with the Level 25 Rapid Fire modifier, Puck will have more time to fire extra attacks. grants attributes and increases duration of Dream Coil to better control the enemies. It also prolongs the stun duration and pierces
- helps increase your team's magical damage output in the mid game.
- gives Puck extra mobility. Puck can also use it to break Dream Coil and trigger a stun.
- increases mana pool and armor to resist physical damage. It also provides an area nuke and slow.
|Roles:||Initiator Disabler Escape Nuker|
|Playstyle:||Hatched on the frond of the Undertree, Puck's youthful mischievousness belied inscrutable motives. Tricky and elusive, the neotenous Faerie Dragon launches a bright Illusory Orb, then reappears at any point along its path. It disrupts magecraft with a sprinkle of faerie dust, then Phase Shifts out of existence to avoid swords and spells alike. Equally adept at fighting and play, Puck binds foes to a single point with Dream Coil, forcing them to break their restraints and be stunned, or stay and face Puck's advancing allies.|
- Puck's alternate name was Kupu-Kupu, which means "moth" or "butterfly" in the Malay and Indonesian languages.
- Puck was introduced in Version 6.48 as a result of a hero creation contest held on the DotA-Allstars forum, in which players designed a new hero to suit the faerie dragon model from Warcraft III. This makes Puck the first and only hero created by the community.
- Puck pays homage to a character of the same name from Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream. Aside from Puck's playful attitude, its line "A midsummer nightmare" is also an allusion to the play.
- Since Puck pays homage to a Shakespeare character, most of its lines are delivered in phrasing similar to iambic pentameter.
- The Version 6.87 Illusory Orb speed change was a developer's joke based on this reddit thread.
- This line ▶️ "One Puck, two Puck, three Puck more!" is a reference to Eminem's final rap battle in 8 Mile movie (2002).
- This line ▶️ "One and one and one is three!" is a reference to The Beatles' song "Come Together" (1969).
The International 2014 artwork