Pipe of Insight
|Pipe of Insight|
|A powerful artifact of mysterious origin, it creates barriers against magical forces.|
- The magic resistance stacks multiplicatively with other sources of magic resistance.
- Increases most heroes' total magic resistance to 47.5%, assuming basic 25% magic resistance and no other sources of magic resistance.
- Together with the aura, one Pipe of Insight grants a total of Lua error: Error: No field named "active_health_regeneration_flat" found for any of the specified database tables.. health regeneration to the owner.
- Interrupts the user's channeling spells upon cast.
- Affects all allied units, including buildings, but excluding wards. Affects invulnerable, but not hidden allies.
- Blocks damage before any reductions, except when spell immune, during which it does not block any magical damage.
- Recasting Barrier refreshes the buff and resets the barrier's absorb capacity.
- Does not stack with other magical damage barriers.
- If multiple sources of barriers are active on a unit, all of them lose capacity from the same absorbed damage instance.
- However, if a damage instance is greater than the capacity of all barriers individually, the damage gets blocked as if the barriers were one barrier with combined capacity.
- Only blocks magical damage, coming from spells and attacks. Does not block any physical or pure damage.
- Does not share cooldown with .
- Stacks with all other sources of flat health regeneration and magic resistance, except with Insight Aura from multiple Pipes of Insight.
- Increases most heroes' total magic resistance to 32.5%, assuming basic 25% magic resistance and no other sources of magic resistance.
- Together with the passive bonus, this is further increased to 52.75% for the wielder of the item.
- Can regenerate up to 120 health in one minute.
- The aura's buff lingers for 0.5 seconds.
- Tough tank heroes with high health regeneration benefit even more from Pipe of Insight's regeneration.
- Tough support heroes are ideal for carrying Pipe of Insight.
- The Pipe of Insight is useful for frail heroes who can be easily taken down by damages from spells. With its aura, it can slightly increase the magic resistance of a hero.
- It is an ideal for a support heroes to carry a Pipe of Insight in order to protect the nearby allies against the strongest magic spells.
- In the transition from DotA to Dota 2, Pipe of Insight name was changed from the Khadgar's Pipe of Insight to simply Pipe of Insight. Khadgar was a wizard in Warcraft II.
- Pipe of Dezun is based on the Pipe of Insight. 's cosmetic item