Audio migration in progress. Some responses pages / audio files may have broken file links.
- Jumping in with Phantom Strike makes Phantom Assassin an exceptionally easy target for
- The bonus attack speed from Phantom Strike also means that Phantom Assassin will proc numerous times.
- is generally useless against Axe's abilities and item build, as Black King Bar doesn't prevent Axe from finishing Phantom Assassin off with . It also doesn't work against Berserker's Call and Counter Helix.
- is an item that Axe purchases every game, and it can be used to turn Phantom Assassin's critical strikes against herself. The situation becomes even worse if she's affected by Berserker's Call, as she has no way to stop attacking.
- lowers Phantom Assassin's attack speed so Coup de Grace does not proc as often, decreasing her damage output. It also makes Phantom Assassin more susceptible to disables, especially if she lacks a Black King Bar.
- spell immunity. can disable Phantom Assassin, even through
- Phantom Assassin's single target abilities make her very helpless against swarms of spiderlings.
- Because Phantom Assassin is always reliant on critical strikes, Broodmother will usually have enough time to use to save herself.
- turns Phantom Assassin's attacks against herself, as he deals damage with every hit taken, and his big health pool makes sure that a lot of hits will be needed.
- If Centaur Warrunner gets the jump on Phantom Assassin first, she will be unable to activate and might be burst down with the help of his .
- can save an ally under attack by Phantom Assassin, offsetting the slow from Stifling Dagger. If he owns an , he can prevent a low-health ally from being killed in one crit.
- High armor thanks to makes it difficult for Phantom Assassin to burst down Dragon Knight, as she deals 100% physical damage.
- stuns Phantom Assassin as soon as she initiates, preventing her from gaining bonus attack speed.
- Dragon Knight is one of the few heroes who can safely solo lane against Phantom Assassin alongside a support.
- catches Phantom Assassin when she jumps in.
- spell immunity with an . kills Phantom Assassin's abysmal health before she can do anything in early to mid game and also pierces her
- and 's fast cast animations easily catches Phantom Assassin when she jumps in to attack.
- often ends Phantom Assassin before she can do anything in the early to mid game.
- Morphling's high armor serves as a direct counter to Phantom Assassin, causing her attacks to do far less damage. She is also very vulnerable to burst damage, and can be brought down quickly using his and combo.
- easily catches Phantom Assassin when she jumps in to attack.
- renders Phantom Assassin useless, as she depends entirely on physical attacks.
- applies a severe attack speed slow, severely hindering Phantom Assassin's damage output. While Phantom Strike may be able to slightly remedy the problem, Phoenix' magical and pure damage output completely ignore Blur's evasion, resulting in severe damage to her low health pool.
- Puck relies mainly on magical burst damage, which Phantom Assassin is most vulnerable against.
- and disjoint Stifling Dagger, also allowing to kite Phantom Assassin.
- will stun Phantom Assassin if she uses Phantom Strike to blink away.
- greatly lowers the damage output from Coup de Grace, hindering Phantom Assassin's main source of scaling.
- strikes cannot be evaded by Blur.
- 's long range and low cooldowns allows Skywrath Mage to severely harass Phantom Assassin in lane.
- prevents Phantom Assassin from escaping or engaging with Phantom Strike.
- 's heavy magical damage nukes Phantom Assassin down quickly during the early to mid game.
- is nearly useless, since all of the Spectre's abilities go through spell immunity,
- Phantom Assassin's Blur cannot evade because its damage is a separate damage instance and is applied before the attack hits.
- Spectre's high durability provided by and damage block items makes her one of the hardest carries to take down.
- helps Timbersaw sustain harassment from Stifling Dagger.
- Phantom Assassin has a moderate health pool and usually appears in the front line of battle, making her vulnerable to Timbersaw's magic burst.
- Timbersaw can easily escape from Phantom Assassin thanks to his .
- The blind from can render Phantom Assassin useless if she is not protected by .
- Tinker is a natural carrier and can permanently disable Phantom Assassin, not giving her chance to activate if she has it.
- breaks Phantom Assassin's passives.
- goes through .
- Heroes with magical burst damage can often kill Phantom Assassin before she gets to do much: , , .
- Heroes with disables that ignore spell immunity will render Phantom Assassin quite useless in teamfights throughout the game: , , , , ,
- hex abilities all prevent item usage, which is a severe problem for Phantom Assassin as it prevents her from using , the one item that helps protect her against the aforementioned dangers. with also disables Phantom Assassin's Evasion and Critical Strike, removing much of her damage and survivability. , with , and
- Ethereal state disarms the target and makes them more vulnerable to magic damage, both of which Phantom Assassin despises. Especially and any hero that is wielding , such as , or .
- Heroes with illusions can be hard for Phantom Assassin to deal with, as she lacks any AoE abilities to deal with them: , ,
- nullifies her items making Phantom Assassin vulnerable without Black King Bar.
- grants accuracy to counter Blur.
- turns Phantom Assassin's massive burst damage against her, dissuading her from attacking.
- makes her a more vulnerable target thanks to its accuracy, damage amplification, and critical strikes. In addition, the silence prevents her from initiating effectively, being unable to use her Stifling Dagger and Phantom Strike, making her susceptible to kiting.
- completely removes Phantom Assassin's chances of escape. As Hex also disables item usage, even if she purchases , if the Hex is applied before she can activate it, she may fall down very easily once further disabled and nuked down.
- temporarily disables her evasion and critical strike, as well as applying a damage reduction onto her, making entering teamfights very risky for her.
- prevents Phantom Assassin from attacking, making it good protection item for casters. It can be upgraded to later, which can be used on allies, or to nuke and disarm Phantom Assassin.
- can be used to save targets hit by Phantom Assassin's crits. However, it is not advised if your team already has invisible heroes as enemies will then most likely carry all the time.
- not only melts Phantom Assassin's armor, it also reduces her attack speed from Phantom Strike.
- disarms Phantom Assassin, preventing her from proccing Coup de Grace. Its evasion also provides reliable protection against her physical attacks.
- Anti-Mage can easily withstand heavy magical burst due to stunned or hexed. , but he is still somewhat vulnerable to physical damage. Phantom Assassin's burst physical damage can destroy Anti-Mage while is on cooldown or while he is
- Blur makes Anti-Mage unable to deal significant damage to her.
- Phantom Assassin has an abysmal mana pool and intelligence gain, making and deal minimal damage.
- Crystal Maiden's low health pool and slow movement speed make her a tempting and easy target.
- However, it may be wise to build first before attempting to fight her alone, as she can disable you and retaliate with .
- Dazzle's lack of a true disable makes him a relatively vulnerable target for Phantom Assassin.
- Coup de Grace will often kill Dazzle's teammates before he has a chance to use .
- Nature's Prophet's low mobility and health pool allows Phantom Assassin to destroy him in the early game.
- Phantom Strike allows Phantom Assassin to jump in and out of , provided she has vision.
- does not grant Riki a mobility advantage over Phantom Assassin, as her Phantom Strike saves the same purpose, but with a higher range.
- A Carry Riki usually has a hard time dealing with Blur, as a or are unfavourable item picks for him (or, even more unlikely, a ).
- A is a very common pick for Phantom Assassin, fully countering and while activated.
- Sniper's lack of mobility and reliance on attack range makes him an easy target for Phantom Assassin to jump on.
- Fragile support heroes are all ideal targets for the Phantom Assassin. Heroes such as and are all prime targets that may not be able to react quickly and fight back due to Phantom Assassin's sudden appearance.
- Heroes who lack escape mechanisms or disables are all easy targets for Phantom Assassin if they are not careful. Look for , and and try to catch them off guard.
- Assuming they have not bought anti-evasion items, attack dependent heroes such as , or can be a minor threat for Phantom Assassin early in the game, and may even be completely dominated by her thanks to her evasion.
Works well with...
- Combining Ancient Apparition and Phantom Assassin's slows to stun an enemy with can easily force an enemy succumb to this pair during the laning phase.
- makes one-shot crits even more likely for Phantom Assassin.
- gives Phantom Assassin greater attack speed, increasing her chances of landing a Coup de Grace.
- long stun duration lets Phantom Assassin beat down enemies.
- Beastmaster's Boar and Hawk helps Phantom Assassin chase down targets, and can be used as targets for her to jump to.
- greatly enhances Phantom Assassin's crit damage, as well as giving her cleaving attack. It also speeds up Phantom Assassin's ability to farm.
- groups up enemies into one spot, combined with Magnus's and Phantom Assassin's tendency to buy , Phantom Assassin will shred through multiple heroes in a blink of an eye.
- Casting on Phantom Assassin after she uses Phantom Strike will guarantee a huge damage burst, especially during the early game when 's damage is significant.
- Phantom Assassin's Stifling Dagger allows Omniknight to catch up with the target and slows them with .
- Blur makes Phantom Assassin more resistant to physical attacks and makes her much more resistant against disables.
- not only keeps track of a target but also highly reduces their armor, enabling Phantom Assassin to cut them down much quicker. His stun and follow-up slow can also prove useful in a clash, preventing retaliation and/or escape.
- can bring an enemy into Phantom Assassin's clutches, then prevent their escape with her .
- and also allows Phantom Assassin to deal more damage, helping her one-shot enemies.
- Heroes who amplify physical damage or reduce armor all work well with the Phantom Assassin in teamfights, such as or .
- Slows and disables let her catch up to fleeing enemies. Heroes like , or are useful to have in a chase in that they might be able to help pin down their target for her.
- and reduce enemy armor, allowing Coup de Grace to inflict tremendous critical damage.