- reduces much of Pangolier's burst damage from Shield Crash and Rolling Thunder.
- allows Anti-Mage to avoid Shield Crash and Rolling Thunder, and catch up to Pangolier over cliffs and obstacles.
- drains Pangolier's mana, preventing him from using Shield Crash repeatedly during Rolling Thunder.
- ignores spell immunity, forcing Pangolier to roll in place during his ultimate.
- vision is blocked. can spot Pangolier initiate with Rolling Thunder, preventing him from taking allies by surprise where
- 's long stun wastes much of Rolling Thunder's duration.
- causes Pangolier to take heavy damage if he uses Swashbuckle or Rolling Thunder.
- and are particularly easy to land when Pangolier uses Shield Crash, as it does not disable and must be performed near Centaur Warrunner.
- helps allies avoid Pangolier during Rolling Thunder, as well as neutralizing the slow debuff from Lucky Shot.
- When Swashbuckle hits Centaur Warrunner, will deal significant damage, as it procs off every strike made.
- removes Pangolier's mobility entirely, preventing him from using Shield Crash to jump over obstacles or deal extra damage during Rolling Thunder.
- 's large obstacle denies Pangolier the room to roll around during teamfights.
- stuns Pangolier during Rolling Thunder, or forces him to roll away.
- holds Rolling Thunder in place since it pierces spell immunity, and the root prevents Pangolier from either using it, or using Swashbuckle to get away.
- can be used after Ensnare to wait for Shield Crash buff to wear off.
- immobilizes and pierces Rolling Thunder's spell immunity.
- protects an ally for much of Rolling Thunder's duration, especially at the lower levels.
- allows Queen of Pain to avoid Rolling Thunder.
- can be used to chase down Pangolier if he escapes with Swashbuckle or Rolling Thunder.
- ignores Rolling Thunder's spell immunity, and will still hit Pangolier if he rolls away.
- allows Storm Spirit to avoid Shield Crash and Rolling Thunder, and ignores the slow from Lucky Shot.
- roots Pangolier in place during Rolling Thunder.
- and cause positioning problems for Pangolier, blunting his offensive initiations and preventing escapes.
- Puck can neutralize Pangolier's mobility, he can suprise him with and silencing him for a decent time or with making him unable to use Swashbuckle and Rolling Thunder
- stop Pangolier's Rolling Thunder from moving during its duration
- Heroes with disables that pierce spell immunity can hold Pangolier in place during Rolling Thunder: , , , , , ,
- Heroes who regularly carry will take little damage from Pangolier during Rolling Thunder: ,
- negates the damage from Shield Crash and Rolling Thunder.
- 's active barrier greatly reduces damage taken from Shield Crash and Rolling Thunder during teamfights.
- 's bash goes through Rolling Thunder's spell immunity.
- helps heroes avoid Pangolier during Rolling Thunder, wasting part of its duration.
- lets ranged heroes hit Pangolier from a safe distance, avoiding Rolling Thunder.
- pushes heroes out of Rolling Thunder's path.
- Rolling Thunder hits Arc Warden, his and any allies through .
- Rolling Thunder also causes Pangolier to take no damage from existing stacks of and s on the map.
- Shield Crash and Rolling Thunder quickly destroys Broodmother's spiderlings and spiderites.
- Shield Crash and Rolling Thunder allow Pangolier to chase Broodmother over cliffs.
- Shield Crash gains its damage reduction bonus from all Meepo clones, and can be used even when rooted, allowing Pangolier to safely dive him during a team fight. If one or more other enemy heroes are in Shield Crash's radius on top of every Meepo Clones, Pangolier's Shield Crash buff will protect him from 100% of all incoming damage.
- Rolling Thunder can also push Monkey King out of the radius of .
- As Rolling Thunder destroys trees in its wake, it can be very effective at chasing and stunning a fleeing Monkey King.
- Shield Crash and Rolling Thunder quickly destroy Phantom Lancer's illusions.
- will cause Phantom Lancer to be stunned by Rolling Thunder, or set himself up for a Shield Crash.
- Pangolier's skills deal primarily magic damage, which is excellent against Terrorblade, particularly in the early game.
- All three of Pangolier's actives will quickly clear illusions from Terrorblade.
- Swashbuckle allows Pangolier to follow Timbersaw if he s away.
- Lucky Shot repeatedly prevents Timbersaw from spammming his abilities.
- Swashbuckle allows Pangolier to easily dodge the stun from Visage's Familiars.
- Swashbuckle can easily burn charges.
- will stun Weaver if he bumps into Pangolier during Rolling Thunder, reducing his mobility and damage output.
- Shield Crash's wide radius can hit Weaver even when he is invisible.
- Heroes who rely on channeling abilities can be interrupted in teamfights by Rolling Thunder: , ,
- Heroes who have summons, which can be quickly cleared by Shield Crash and Swashbuckle: , ,
- Heroes who are illusion based, or even heroes who frequently build Manta Style: ,
Works well with...
- gives Pangolier extra burst damage when rolling into fights.
- 's forced movement can be used to drag a foe into Rolling Thunder, hitting and stunning them repeatedly.
- slows enemies turn rate, preventing them from moving out of Rolling Thunder's path.
- can push fleeing foes back into Rolling Thunder's path, or if careful aimed, cause a second hit.
- Rolling Thunder adds to the chaos created by , giving Brewmaster's spirits more opportunities to cast disables.
- Any enemy caught within is vulnerable to several consecutive stuns of Rolling Thunder.
- Rolling Thunder's repeated stuns allow Drow Ranger to attack with impunity from the backline.
- can be used to follow up on Rolling Thunder's stuns, rendering enemies helpless.
- Rolling Thunder adds to the chaos created by Earth Spirit's stuns, and knocks d enemies into s.
- Swashbuckle can quickly finish off d enemies.
- Rolling Thunder knocks enemies into Jakiro's linear AoE abilities.
- Rolling Thunder's stuns keep enemies within range of all of Medusa's abilities.
- synergizes with Rolling Thunder and Shield Crash, keeping targets within range of both abilities.
- Rolling Thunder's stuns allow Weaver to safely join teamfights and pass through multiple enemies with .
- Heroes with large AoE abilities can add to and take advantage of the chaotic fray caused by Rolling Thunder: , , , , ,
- Heroes who can create barriers for Rolling Thunder to bounce against: ,