|carry and disabler. He can reset fights, break chain stuns, and save teammates with . keeps his mana high, so he can constantly output pure damage with . Outworld Devourer can then choose to finish them off with , which deals damage in a large radius based on the difference between Outworld Devourer's current mana and each enemy's mana in the affected area.is a|
- Astral Imprisonment is almost always the best level one point, as it is Outworld Devourer's only utility spell and can be used in the early game to disable an enemy to escape or to give time for allies to help.
- An early point in Arcane orb gives Outworld Devourer a way to harass the enemy without drawing creep aggro, and an effective but expensive way to secure contested last hits.
- Maxing Astral Imprisonment gives him a powerful area nuke to farm waves and jungle camps, while leaving Arcane Orb at a cost low enough to allow him to leave it on autocast while farming.
- Sanity's Eclipse's damage depends on the difference between Outworld Devourer's current mana and the enemy's mana, so delaying it until later on is often worthwhile.
- Outworld Devourer is a very strong laner. You can win the CS battle against the majority of heroes by banishing them before they can get a last hit on the first creep that's about to die, denying it, and last hitting their creep that's low. Good players will try to keep their distance from you, so try to fake moving in range of your ability occasionally to make them question themselves.
- Be aware of the splash damage of Astral Imprisonment. Similar to a hero like with , do not just use it unthinkingly and lead to your opponent getting free ranged creep denies. If you banished the enemy hero and the splash damage will come down on the ranged creep, it will not kill the creep (at least in the first few levels). Make sure you damage the ranged creep before your opponent comes down; in the very early levels you will need to hit the ranged creep twice to secure the last hit, but soon it will only be once, then not at all.
- If your opponent got greedy for a last hit and you landed Astral Imprisonment on them while they're low, you should position yourself between where they will land and their tower, if it's safe to do so. Your Essence Flux will slow them down, assuming you used it while they were imprisoned, and you can kill virtually any mid hero before you unlocked your ultimate (with a few exceptions, e.g. who can disarm you and regenerate) assuming you imprisoned them at half health or less.
- Essence Flux has a chance of restoring a maximum percentage of mana, which when combined with the charges from Arcane Orb and Astral Imprisonment can equate to a lot of mana being restored and allows continuous usage of Arcane Orb.
|Mid Outworld Devourer|
|20% Spell Lifesteal||25||+1.6%Damage|
|+0.1Mana Difference Multiplier||20||+20 Strength|
|+6 Armor||15||+250 Mana|
|+15 Attack Speed||10||+200 Health|
- The health talent increases maximum health capacity, and keeps the current health percentage.
- The mana talent increases maximum mana capacity, and keeps the current mana percentage.
- The spell lifesteal talent stacks additively with other sources of spell lifesteal.
Tips & Tactics
- Stealing intelligence from enemy heroes can make a big difference between you and enemy heroes, giving you a high advantage.
- Try to stack neutral camps to farm with later on, especially ancient ones.
- Arcane Orb is costly to autocast, so you should invest in it later on when you can sustain your mana.
- This is your main damaging ability later on in the game. As an intelligence carry, you directly benefit from items which increase your intelligence due to the increase in your attack damage, mana pool, and resultant Arcane Orb damage.
- Arcane Orb deals pure damage, making it a great skill to harass enemies with high armor.
- Due to Outworld Devourer's skill set, Arcane Orb would be your main consumption, and recovery, of mana.
- Casting Arcane Orb on neutral or enemy creeps is a good way to recover lost mana.
- Astral Imprisonment can be used to save yourself or allied heroes from spells with long delays, such as
and if timed correctly.
- In addition, you can save allied heroes from potentially lethal abilities such as and .
- Similarly, it can also be used to dodge projectiles. It is important to time it so that the projectiles connect while imprisoned, since the spell does not disjoint projectiles.
- Astral Imprisonment can be used on them to negate some of the damage from damage over time abilities, such as and , which can potentially end up saving the ally. Against long lasting debuffs, it can be cast twice before the debuff expires.
- When misused and poorly timed, the application of Astral Imprisonment heavily backfires.
- Just like how it can save allies from spells and damage, it can also do the same for your opponents, so communication with the team is important to prevent wasting of spells.
- It is entirely possible for you to cause a teammate's demise by casting Astral Imprisonment on them at the wrong time (such as when they have just begun to channel an escape ability).
- The expanding red ring visual effect can tell Outworld Devourer and allies the duration of Astral Imprisonment.
- Casting Astral Imprisonment removes your opponent from the battlefield, buying you or your allies enough time to use or a to escape to safety.
- Essence Flux has a chance to restore a percentage of Outworld Devourer's maximum mana every time he casts a spell, sustaining continuous usage of Arcane Orb.
- Essence Flux will continue to slow enemies when Outworld Devourer uses items that deals damage over time, e.g. , on them.
- It's recommended to build attack speed items on Outworld Devourer, as it increases the chance that his mana will be restored.
- This ability is best used as a finisher; after everyone expended their mana in a teamfight or gank, Sanity's Eclipse can be used to snuff out any remaining enemy heroes, especially escaping invisible heroes like , and .
- Try gaining more manas with your spells or items to further increase your ultimate's damage.
- Heroes with high mana pools such as , , and will often take minimal or no damage from this ability unless they're significantly low on mana. As such, it is best to refrain from using this ability against these heroes unless you have a significant amount of mana and are certain it can kill them.
- provides cheap attributes for a mid hero with low base damage. Outworld Devourer may consider a second Null Talisman later on to boost his intelligence for cheap, giving him an edge in the laning stage.
- gives a little bit of extra damage, and can be consumed to turn the tide in a close fight.
- restores health to stay in lane.
- restores health more quickly than Tangoes while being slightly less cost efficient, however it is better to buy a Salve if you are forced out of last hit range due to spam damage.
- gives cheap attributes, and Outworld Devourer can use it with Tango to receive more heal.
- make Outworld Devourer run faster, which is important in middle lane.
- gives attributes and sustainability.
- lets Outworld Devourer scale better, although it may hamper some of your early game power.
- is a cheap and cost effective item that gives Outworld Devourer stats across the board, and greatly helps your teamfight potential. Tyoically, if you plan to farm more before fighting, pick up a Hand of Midas instead, but if you plan to teamfight early, Drum can be amazing.
- should be bought every game on Outworld Devourer, provides exactly what the hero needs and builds into Yasha and Kaya.
- allow you to heal quickly between skirmishes. As you effectively have infinite mana, it can be annoying to go back to the fountain or have to shrine just to heal. Outworld Devourer builds almost no health regen items, so Tranquil Boots are excellent. He also has an outstanding base move speed, a move speed talent, and his default build includes Yasha and Kaya, allowing you to move extremely quickly (around 475 ups) with Tranquils active.
- provide exactly the stats Outworld Devourer needs, allowing him to move ridiculously fast, attack faster, and have more armor. Sange and Kaya may be considered if the enemy lineup consists of mainly spellcasters, but even then Yasha and Kaya is more attractive.
- provides an escape mechanism as well as good attributes and upgrades later into Hurricane Pike.
- increases his mobility, allowing Outworld Devourer to blink and escape after a self-cast Astral Imprisonment.
- active is guaranteed by Astral Imprisonment, provided you are not otherwise stunned. This grants extra damage and two seconds of stun to land arcane orbs.
- gives attack range and attributes. The active allows Outworld Devourer to position, as well as increasing his attack speed for a number of attacks.
- protects against most disables and nukes, buying Outworld Devourer the time to stack intelligence and use his ultimate more effectively.
- provides him with both additional intelligence and a hex, giving him more time to deal damage with Arcane Orb.
- gives attack speed and intelligence to use more Arcane Orbs. Can be considered as an alternative to Tranquil Boots.
- will give him more armor for survivability, as well as more intelligence. The slow also helps him either chase, or escape.
- can be considered as an alternative to Black King Bar if you find yourself heavily focused by single target abilities.
- gives the most mana in a single item, as well as immense survivability for Outworld Devourer by lifestealing from his Arcane Orb and his other spells. It also increase damages and allows Sanity Eclipse to be used more frequently.
- gives a high attack speed boost, allowing him to deal more damage in battles and steal intelligence faster.
- root against a single target. will provide him with additional health and intelligence, as well as the ability to
- silence that also amplifies his damage for the time period. Also builds later into . gives him even more intelligence and attack speed, and also gives him a
- is one of the strongest late-game items on Outworld Devourer, as it allows Sanity's Eclipse, as well as items like Black King Bar and Scythe of Vyse to be used twice, which can be devastating in teamfights.
- provides attributes, health, and mana boosts. Extra Astral Imprisonment charges and its range improvement provides an additional disable.
- provide a large amount of Mana, greatly increase damage output of Sanity's Eclipse