Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
- Range style Lone Druid (with talent and ) has 865 attack range and is very hard for Outworld Devourer to deal with both in lane and in fights.
- Outworld Devourer's high mana pool, high intelligence, and low health makes him a prime target for .
- If timed correctly, will return full damage from Sanity's Eclipse back to Outworld Devourer. Even a reflected Arcane Orb can deal significant damage and make him vulnerable to a follow-up from Nyx Assassin.
- is also the perfect tool against Astral Imprisonment: if used on Nyx, he can reflect the damage back as he comes out of the prison by casting the ability while imprisoned; if used on any other target, Nyx can come and stand close to it and use it to reflect the damage.
- heavily damages Outworld Devourer if he tries to use Arcane Orb.
- prevents Outworld Devourer from using Arcane Orb and makes him more vulnerable to magic damage.
- Pugna has higher Intelligence growth than Outworld Devourer, making Sanity's Eclipse minimally effective.
- Rubick can use to steal Astral Imprisonment and if Rubick gets he gets 2 copies of it. This can overpower Outworld Devourer in team fights.
- Silencer's will heavily reduce Outworld Devourer's damage output, particularly from Sanity's Eclipse.
- and will take Outworld Devourer out of the fight unless he has built Black King Bar.
- As Outworld Devourer has short cast ranges, a short attack range, and no gap-closing abilities, Sniper can kite and harass Outworld Devourer in lane with his long range and zone him out in fights. The continuous area damage from also prevents Astral-Blink escapes.
- Any heroes with silences can negate the majority of Outworld Devourer's damage output: , , , .
- Tinker can blind and shoot down Outworld Devourer in the laning phase.
- Any heroes with high intelligence, such as , receive little to no damage from Sanity's Eclipse.
- Heroes with built-in spell immunity can become immune to all of Outworld Devourer's spells: 's , 's .
- Instant healing items, such as , , and , can be used inside Astral Imprisonment and the healing will take effect before the damage from the prison, potentially saving the target.
- significantly reduces Sanity's Eclipse's damage.
- makes the user immune to all of Outworld Devourer's spells.
- When using , an 's decreases Outworld Devourer's attack speed, making it hard for him to steal intelligence and deal damage with Arcane Orb.
- doesn't work versus Arcane Orb because it does pure damage.
- Anti-Mage cannot burn all of Outworld Devourer's mana without disables, due to Equilibrium.
- Anti-Mage's illusions are quickly destroyed by Arcane Orb.
- However, if the enemy has multiple means of removing mana, becomes a threat to Outworld Devourer, Anti-Mage has better mobility than Outworld Devourer with , and blocks a large portion of the damage from Sanity's Eclipse.
- Huskar's main source of survivability, , doesn't work against Outworld Devourer because Arcane Orb does pure damage.
- Outworld Devourer can dodge with Astral Imprisonment, leaving him unharmed while Huskar loses HP.
- Sanity's Eclipse can deal massive damage to Huskar before he builds up his stacks, due to Huskar's low Intelligence.
- Outworld Devourer can save an ally hero caught by with Astral Imprisonment, and he can inflict heavy damage on Legion Commander with Arcane Orb to aid his ally. However, if he gets caught, he is unlikely to survive the duel, due to his lack of durability
- Outworld's pure damage from Arcane Orb can go through . He can also steal intelligence from embraced enemy using the same spell.
- Outworld Devourer can break healing from using Astral Imprisonment.
- Outworld's damage during is reduced due to disabled Arcane Orb.
- Arcane Orb deals damage regardless of Morphling's high armour from .
- Arcane Orb's pure damage ignores Timbersaw's .
- Even if Timbersaw gets away from Outworld Devourer, he will still lose a lot of Intelligence from Arcane Orb, making it harder to cast his high mana cost spells.
- Arcane Orb and Sanity's Eclipse can quickly drain Wraith King's limited mana pool, making him unable to use or .
- 's slow projectile speed makes it easy to avoid using Astral Imprisonment.
- Arcane Orb does pure damage so Medusa's tankiness from is greatly reduced.
- The intelligence steal from Arcane Orb reduces Medusa's overall mana pool, thus reducing Medusa's tankiness and dampening the effects of .
- Medusa has low mobility, making it easy for Outworld Devourer to get multiple attacks in with Arcane Orb.
- Medusa doesn't build Black King Bar which protects her from Sanity's Eclipse and Arcane Orb.
- Outworld Devourer has a disengaging spell to allow him or his team to get away from Sven.
- can be cancelled with imprisonment.
- The intelligence steal from Arcane Orb reduces Weaver's low mana pool, preventing him from using and cannot be restored stolen intelligence by .
- Astral Imprisonment allows to catch Weaver during true sight making him vulnerable to Outworld Devourer's teammates for easy kill. With Aghanim's Scepter it can also use to pop his . with
- Weaver's talent cannot burn Outworld Devourer's mana pool by activating Equilibrium.
- Sanity's Eclipse deals massive damage to Weaver due to low intelligence from early to mid game.
- Any heroes with low Intelligence will die quickly or even instantly to Sanity's Eclipse: , , . The 30% max mana drain also helps to ensure kills on heroes with built-in escape mechanisms.
- Arcane Orb's Intelligence steal can shut down ability-dependent tanky heroes with medium or low Intelligence: , .
- Illusion basing heroes can't use their illusion beneficially.
- Heroes that must kill others in a short duration of time or need to combo their abilities suffer heavily against Outworld Devourer, as a simple Astral Imprisonment can instantly throw off key abilities like Void's Chronosphere, Ursa's Enrage or Kunkka's X-Torrent combo.
- Heroes that rely heavily on armor like Dragon Knight or magic resistance like Visage can usually be dismantled by Outworld Devourer as Arcane Orb is a pure damage source.
Works well with...
- greatly increases Outworld Devourer's damage output and allows him to steal Intelligence more quickly.
- and can pin down an enemy for Outworld Devourer to attack.
- Silencer's passive intelligence steal will increase the intelligence difference between Outworld Devourer and his enemies, making them take more damage from Sanity's Eclipse and causing low mana pool heroes to struggle with their mana costs.
- will prevent enemies from disabling Outworld Devourer, allowing him to land easy attacks.
- During Outworld Devourer is able to steal intelligence through Arcane Orb.
- increases Outworld Devourer's attack speed, allowing him to deal more damage through Arcane Orb.
- provides Outworld Devourer with bonus intelligence, amplifying the damage dealt with Arcane Orb and Sanity's Eclipse.
- Heroes that benefit from Astral Imprisonment's setup: , , , .
- users enjoy protection of Astral Imprisonment from enemy damage, letting them escape when the duration ends.