|A garnet rod constructed from the essence of a fire demon.|
- For strength heroes, it grants 25 attack speed, 240 mana, 5 mana regen and 30 attack damage.
- For agility heroes, it grants 25 attack speed, 240 mana, 5 mana regen and 30 attack damage.
- For intelligence heroes, it grants 25 attack speed, 240 mana, 5 mana regen and 50 attack damage.
- Does not directly amplify damage as it is dealt, but rather saves all damage values and deals 30% of it 5 seconds after cast.
- The damage is applied as soon as the debuff expires. Dispelling the debuff, however, skips the damage entirely.
- Recasting Soul Burn on the same target refreshes the duration.
- Doing this delays the damage further, and gives more time to deal damage to the target.
- The damage is credited to the last caster of Soul Burn on the target.
- Only considers magical, physical and pure damage (after all reductions). Other sources of health loss are ignored.
- Shares cooldown with .
- Heroes who may include an Orchid Malevolence in their build as a core item:
- Heroes who may include an Orchid Malevolence in their build situationally:
- Orchid is great against Intelligence heroes as they are dependent on their abilities to deal damage, but it is also effective against heroes with escape abilities like or and strong initiation like or .
- Get the item quickly before the enemy team gets items able to dispel the silence.
- You can combine it with an item that provide mana burn like or to make your enemy unable to cast a spell after the silence is over.
- The item's name is likely a reference to the weapon of the same name that can be acquired in the 2002 video game Otogi: Myth of Demons.
Main Article: Orchid Malevolence/Changelogs
- Reduced cost from 250 to 225 (total cost from 3925 to 3875).