We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
From Dota 2 Wiki
|Hero||Strategy||Counters||Equipment||Gear||Responses||Sounds||Lore||Old Abilities||Changelogs||Known Bugs|
- Against Anti-Mage, Oracle has minimal damage potential due to Spell Shield.
- Additionally, Anti-Mage can easily overwhelm Oracle with his quick movement from Blink and mana drain from Mana Break.
- When Oracle is at low mana, Mana Void can be devastating.
- Culling Blade can kill Oracle's allies when below the kill threshold, even when affected by False Promise. Because all healing during False Promise is delayed, Axe can easily kill Oracle's False Promise target if the target is low enough.
- Fortune's End cannot purge Warpath stacks on Bristleback or Quill Spray stacks on allies.
- Bristleback can heavily reduce Oracle's damage output. With it, Oracle may accidentally heal Bristleback with Purifying Flames if Fortune's End is not immediately applied afterward, especially if Bristleback has bonus magic resistance with his allies' spells or items like Hood of Defiance.
- Time Walk allows Void to easily backtrack Oracle's burst damage.
- Time Dilation is effective against Oracle's low-cooldown spells. Although purgeable with Fortune's End, it can still catch Oracle off guard if Fortune's End is on cooldown.
- Fortune's End cannot purge Static Link on Oracle's allies or on Razor.
- Oracle has many low-cooldown, single-target spells. Oracle's spells will constantly trigger Unstable Current, slowing, damaging, and purging Oracle.
- Because Oracle uses few, powerful instances of damage to kill enemies, Templar Assassin can easily absorb his burst with Refraction. Likewise, Visage can also absorb his burst with Gravekeeper's Cloak.
- Heroes with long-lasting disables, like Lion or Night Stalker, can prevent Oracle from using any spells or items.
- Oracle cannot easily deal with swarms of units, making him weak against Heroes like Phantom Lancer or Broodmother.
- A Black King Bar on an enemy will prevent Oracle from using his burst damage and utility on that enemy. Additionally, a Black King Bar on an ally will prevent Oracle from healing or protecting that ally with his spells, except False Promise.
- Orchid Malevolence prevents Oracle from using any spells, including Fortune's End, which would otherwise allow him to purge it off. Orchid's effect is mitigated with a purging effect like Eul's Scepter of Divinity.
- Items providing magic resistance like Hood of Defiance or Glimmer Cape will drastically reduce Oracle's damage output.
- Oracle can purge Batrider's Sticky Napalm stacks and Flamebreak with Fortune's End.
- Oracle can negate Firefly and Flamebreak with Fate's Edict, removing most of Batrider's damage.
- False Promise can immediately dispel Flaming Lasso, which is much of Batrider's utility.
- Oracle can shut down both of Ember's early game abilities. Fortune's End can purge off Flame Guard on Ember Spirit and Searing Chains on allies.
- When Ember is affected by Fortune's End, his Fire Remnants move at 0 movement speed.
- Disarming him with Fate's Edict does affect Ember's Sleight of Fist ability, possibly making him useless for a few seconds in the late game without a purge or magic immunity. This is especially good if he has a rapier or two. However, positioning for this is difficult when Ember plays far back.
- Provided that the enemy team does not have an Axe, Oracle can guarantee that his ally survives for the duration of the Duel with False Promise and has decent nuke potential to help ally to win a Duel. He can also disarm Legion With Fate's Edict.
- Oracle can purge enemy buffs like Overwhelming Odds and Press the Attack with Fortune's End.
- Both Fate's Edict and False Promise can easily save allies from Reaper's Scythe.
- Oracle can purge Ghost Shroud.
- With Fortune's End, Oracle can purge Guardian Angel in an AoE.
- Oracle can easily save any of his allies whom Pudge tries to kill. He can purge off Dismember with False Promise, prevent Rot damage with Fate's Edict, and he can heal with Purifying Flames.
- False Promise can nullify single-target initiation/disable, like Primal Roar, Fiend's Grip etc.
- Fate's Edict can constantly prevent right-clicking heroes from dealing damage, especially ones who does not have Black King Bar. Some examples include Ursa or Phantom Assassin.
- False Promise can work well against Ancient Apparition, preventing the shatter from Ice Blast and Fate's Edict can protect an ally from the magical DoT for a while.
- If worse comes to worse, Oracle is one of the only heroes that can deny allies that are frostbitten. He needs to reach the shatter threshold with the damage from Purifying Flames. Since he will be the one to get the target below the shatter threshold, the kill will be attributed to him and it will count as a deny.
- Fortune's End can also be used to purge Dark Seer's Ion Shell and Surge, though it can use up a lot of mana fairly quickly. Oracle can purge multiple Ion Shells if they are within the area of effect radius of Fortune's End.
Works well with...Alchemist
- False Promise in combination with Chemical Rage can make Alchemist extremely difficult to kill and save him from disables and debuffs.
- Ice Blast prevents enemies from healing from Purifying Flames.
- Cold Feet can easily trigger its stun when used in combination with Fortune's End.
- With False Promise, Oracle can prevent Huskar from dying when Huskar is at low health, allowing Huskar to get the maximum effect from Berserker's Blood and making Huskar difficult to kill.
- With Relocate, Io can teleport the ally under effect of False Promise to the fountain to double the heal.
- Tether and False Promise bestow staggering amount of healing, keeping tethered hero alive.
- Purifying Flames's heal will be tripled if combined with Tether and False Promise.
- Legion and Oracle can back each other up when one of them is initiated on. Oracle can use whatever spell or spells he needs to save Legion, be it Fortune's End, Fate's Edict followed by Purifying Flames, False Promise, or any other combination, while Legion can use Press the Attack to save Oracle.
- Oracle can also assist in a variety of ways when Legion uses Duel, including disarming the enemy with Fate's Edict, bursting the enemy down with Purifying Flames, and saving Legion with False Promise.
- Because Timbersaw does not normally right-click, Fate's Edict has essentially no penalty when used on Timbersaw.
- Reactive Armor in combination with False Promise can heal for a very large amount.
- Fortune's End could work well with Heroes like Pudge or Mirana by setting up for abilities like Meat Hook or Sacred Arrow.
- Purifying Flames without Fate's Edict can be an exceptionally strong heal to heroes with high magic resistance, like Anti-Mage or Visage.
- Fortune's End can help easily kited Heroes like Sven or Ursa reach their targets.
- False Promise works well with other healing heroes like Warlock. The stacking of heals can make Oracle's False Promise target almost unkillable.