His abilities grant invulnerability and spell immunity, turning him into an unstoppable force on a hairpin. Juggernaut is strong both offensively and defensively, and deals heavy damage both physical and magical with his Blade Fury and Omnislash ultimate, but he possesses below average strength and intelligence attributes, so he does not have as much health and mana as other heroes and is vulnerable when his abilities are on cooldown. For this reason, although his abilities make him powerful even in the early game, he cannot charge into forces without restraint until farmed and is usually played as a carry.
|Yurnero, the Juggernaut|
|Play "By the Visage of Vengeance, which drowned in the Isle of Masks, I will carry on the rites of the Faceless Ones."|
|Lore:||No one has ever seen the face hidden beneath the mask of Yurnero the Juggernaut. It is only speculation that he even has one. For defying a corrupt lord, Yurnero was exiled from the ancient Isle of Masks--a punishment that saved his life. The isle soon after vanished beneath the waves in a night of vengeful magic. He alone remains to carry on the Isle's long Juggernaut tradition, one of ritual and swordplay. The last practitioner of the art, Yurnero's confidence and courage are the result of endless practice; his inventive bladework proves that he has never stopped challenging himself. Still, his motives are as unreadable as his expression. For a hero who has lost everything twice over, he fights as if victory is a foregone conclusion.|
|Voice:||David Scully (Responses)|
- Does not interrupt Juggernaut's channeling spells upon cast.
- During Blade Fury, Juggernaut cannot be affected by Ghost Scepter. The buff gets removed immediately.
- Juggernaut can perform attacks, cast spells, and use items during Blade Fury, however, Omnislash is inactive for the duration and cannot be cast.
- Regular attacks done during Blade Fury deal no damage to any unit, except to wards and buildings.
- Attack modifiers like Monkey King Bar, Diffusal Blade or Skull Basher still apply their effects and damage on procs.
- Since cleave is based on the hero's attack damage values, it still deals damage within its cleave area even while spinning.
- On the other side, critical strikes and lifesteal are based on the actual damage dealt, and thus have no effect (despite red crit numbers and lifesteal particles still showing).
- Deals 16/21/26/31 ( 36/41/46/51) damage in 0.2 second intervals, starting 0.2 seconds after cast, resulting in 25 ( 30) damage instances.
- Can deal up to 400/525/650/775 damage to a single unit (before reductions).
- Can deal up to 900/1025/1150/1275 damage when the damage increasing talent is chosen.
- Can deal up to 480/630/780/930 damage when the duration increasing talent is chosen.
- Can deal up to 1080/1230/1380/1530 damage when both talents are chosen.
- After cast, the ward automatically follows Juggernaut, if no other order is given.
- The heal is provided by an aura. Its healing buff lingers for 2.5 seconds.
- Heals in the form of health regeneration, so it heals for 0.2%/0.3%/0.4%/0.5% of maximum health in 0.1 second intervals.
- Can heal a total of 55%/82.5%/110%/137.5% of a unit's maximum health (ward duration + buff linger time).
- The healing auras of multiple Healing Wards do not stack.
- Increases attack damage by an average of 16%/20%/24%/28%.
- The proc chances of multiple crit sources stack.
- If two sources of critical strike proc at the same time, the higher multiplier has priority.
- Blade Dance uses pseudo-random distribution.
- The sound and particles play upon start of the attack, not when the attack lands.
- Turns Juggernaut invulnerable and spell immune for the whole duration.
- Unlike other sources of spell immunity, Omnislash does not dispel any buffs and debuffs.
- Slashes in 0.4 second intervals, starting immediately upon cast, resulting in a maximum duration of 0.8/2/3.2 ( 2.8/4/5.2) ( 2/3.2/4.4, 4/5.2/6.4) seconds.
- Cannot target, but can jump on ancient creeps.
- Can jump on invulnerable units, however, since it deals physical damage, invulnerable (and ethereal) targets take no damage.
- Cannot jump on units in the Fog of War, invisible or hidden units, Tombstone Zombies and on Astral Spirits.
- If no valid targets are in range, Omnislash ends prematurely.
- On each slash, Juggernaut is positioned at the opposite side of the target from Juggernaut's position.
- The slash radius is centered around Juggernaut, not around the current target.
- Juggernaut can perform attacks, cast spells, and use items during Omnislash, however, Blade Fury is inactive for the duration and cannot be cast.
- During Omnislash, Juggernaut does not need to turn in order to cast targeted spells or items.
- Juggernaut is issued to attack his current slash target on each jump, causing other orders to get canceled each time.
- If Juggernaut's attack time is lower than 0.4, he can perform at least one attack between each slash.
- Can deal up to 600–675/1200–1350/1800–2025 ( 1600–1800/2200–2475/2800–3150) damage (before reductions).
- Any valid target, except Roshan, which is not under control of a player is instantly killed when slashed.
- Provides 200 radius flying vision lasting 1 second on each slash around the current target.
- Recasting Omnislash while the previous cast is still active has no effect, wasting the mana and cooldown.
- Centers the player's camera perspective on Juggernaut, following his position during Omnislash.
|+5 Omnislash Strikes||25||+600 Health|
|+100 Blade Fury DPS||20||+10 Armor|
|+25 Attack Speed||15||+1s Blade Fury|
|+20 Movement Speed||10||+5 All Stats|
- The all stats talent effectively grants Juggernaut 100 health, 3.57% health regen amplification, 0.83 armor, 5 attack speed, 0.3% movement speed, 60 mana, 10% mana regen amplification, 0.36% spell damage and 5 attack damage.
- The health talent increases maximum health capacity, and keeps the current health percentage.
- Tango provide healing to keep Juggernaut alive in the lane.
- Healing Salve can save Juggernaut if used at the last moment.
- Clarity allows Juggernaut to regain mana from early usage of Blade Fury.
- Iron Branch increases Juggernaut's survivability and mana pool. Because of Juggernaut's low mana pool, an early Iron Branch gives the possibility of casting both Blade Fury and Omnislash back to back. It can later be upgraded into a Magic Wand.
- Slippers of Agility gives Juggernaut additional damage, allowing him to get easier last hits and denies in lane.
- Boots of Speed give a passive speed boost, offering better escape and catch-up. They can later be built into Phase Boots.
- Quelling Blade helps Juggernaut last hit by increasing damage against creeps.
- Magic Stick is a useful burst healing/mana item if the enemies in lane cast many spells. It can later be built into a Magic Wand.
- Ring of Aquila provides a decent attribute bonus as well as a much needed mana regeneration bonus to help sustain Juggernaut's mana pool while regularly using his spells.
- Phase Boots provide even more mobility with the Phase ability, and increases his damage significantly. The bonus movement speed is helpful when catching enemy heroes while using Blade Fury.
- Magic Wand is good for burst health and mana while providing bonus attributes compared to the Magic Stick.
- Diffusal Blade provides cost-effective attack damage bonus in Manabreak, while increasing Juggernaut's agility and intelligence. Its active, Inhibit, allows Juggernaut to slow down enemies.
- Manta Style gives Juggernaut a decent boost in attributes, attack speed and movement speed, but more importantly, its active ability, Mirror Image, allows Juggernaut to create illusions of himself, while dodging certain spells and dispelling himself. Due to Juggernaut's very fast base attack time and the build-in crit ability, his illusions are capable of dealing a considerable amount of damage and can be used for multiple purposes such as farming, split pushing and team fighting. The illusions also synergize very well with Diffusal Blade's Manabreak.
- Town Portal Scroll are essential for cross-map transportation. TP scrolls allow Juggernaut to return to lane quicker after a death, meaning he misses out on less experience in the lane. They can also be used to quickly jump into a fight or defend a tower in a different lane.
- Butterfly gives an enormous boost to his damage, attack speed, and armor, as well as having the ability to evade physical attacks. It greatly increasing the physical damage Juggernaut can take, while Blade Fury protects against the magical damage. The increased attack speed also allows Blade Dance to occur more frequently.
- Abyssal Blade grants bash chance, which Juggernaut welcomes with low base attack time and decent agility, as well as active stun to lock down targets in the late game.
- Black King Bar is helpful when the enemy team has more magical damage than Blade Fury can protect. Unlike Blade Fury, the Black King Bar also allows Juggernaut to attack while active, and has a maximum duration of 10 seconds.
- Drum of Endurance provides a great attribute bonus for its price as well as bonus movement speed and attack speed. It not only allows easier catch up when using Blade Fury, but the increased mana pool allows Juggernaut to cast Blade Fury multiple times before returning to the fountain.
- Blink Dagger is useful as an escape item or initiation as Juggernaut's Omnislash requires a fairly close range. It can also be used while Omnislash is in effect to catch other enemies too far for Omnislash's basic range.
- Sange and Yasha is a fair pick on Juggernaut, since he does not have any gap-closing abilities. This item provides a good strength, agility, movement and attack speed bonus, and helps chase better. The Greater Maim helps slowing down fleeing enemies. Maim can even occur while attacking during Blade Fury, despite attacks dealing no damage.
- Desolator reduces the target's armor, increasing the damage from Juggernaut's attacks and Omnislash. It can also be effective for pushing since this effect works on towers.
- Battle Fury is an item that can be very strong to buy: it can be used to farm quickly, clear lane creeps, and it can greatly increase Juggernaut's damage in teamfights. The bonus health regeneration is helpful when jungling, and the bonus mana regeneration allows Juggernaut to use Blade Fury with less worry about mana.
- Eye of Skadi grants attributes and a slow on attacks, keeping targets within Juggernaut's attack range and Blade Fury's radius.
- Satanic has strength, damage, and active lifesteal that mesh well with Juggernaut's high attack speed, vastly enhancing his survivability in teamfights.
- Aghanim's Scepter increases number of slashes for Omnislash and decreases its cooldown, great for bringing down tougher foes.
|Roles:||Carry Pusher Escape|
|Playstyle:||What laid under the Juggernaut's mask, none could say. The last of his kind, Yurnero carries alone the martial traditions of his native isle, now sunken forever beneath the waves. The Juggernaut elevates swordplay to an art form, cutting down foes in the unstoppable cyclone of Blade Fury, and striking at every vulnerability with Blade Dance. Should his party sustain injury, he is quick to replenishes their vitality with a portable Healing Ward. A paragon of discipline, Yurnero waits patiently for the opportune moment to execute his most fearsome technique. Dashing between foes with imperceptible swiftness, the Juggernaut's Omnislash eviscerates his opponents long before any can mount a defense.|
- Juggernaut's backstory and appearance bear many similarities to that of the Seguleh people in the "Malazan Book of the Fallen" series of books by Steven Erikson.
- Juggernaut's ultimate, Omnislash, is inspired by and named after the signature move of Cloud Strife from the game Final Fantasy VII.
- The rare line Play "Screw it, I'm going to five blades!" is a reference to an article from The Onion about the increasing number of blades put into razors.
- The line Play "My blade is swifter." is a reference to the Heroes of Newerth hero Swiftblade, the game's own equivalent of Juggernaut.
- The line Play "And then... there were none..." may be a reference to the Agatha Christie book by the same name.
- The line Play "I'm the Juggernaut, Lich!" is a play on the quote "I'm the Juggernaut, bitch.", taken from a YouTube parody featuring re-dubbed scenes from X-Men: The Animated Series.
Envisioning Juggernaut Loading Screen concept art