- from instantly removes Guardian Angel from Omniknight's allies in its radius of effect.
- turns Omniknight into a walking creep, or completely takes out his buffed cores, also removing Guardian Angel in the process.
- Doom has access to Satyr Banisher's , which allows him to remove Guardian Angel.
- dispels Guardian Angel from multiple targets.
- depletes Omniknight's already small mana pool.
- Invoker's many disables keep Omniknight's team occupied until Guardian Angel times out.
- Guardian Angel does not offer protection from , though it will negate damage from .
- can be used to time out Guardian Angel, giving Naga Siren's team an easy opportunity to counter-initiate.
- 's AoE dispel will remove Guardian Angel.
- pure damage penetrates Guardian Angel's defense. 's
- Outworld Devourer's intelligence steal is also devastating to Omniknight's already low mana pool.
- All of Omniknight's abilities are valuable for Rubick to , and Omniknight has no throwaway ability to cover his last used spell.
- takes Omniknight out of the fight completely.
- are a great harass vs Omniknight during the laning stages of the game, since it doesn't aggro creeps & ignores his high base armor. It deals pure damage, which means it can also go through Guardian Angel.
- Silencer's intelligence steal can also cause Omniknight to falter in the early phases as it reduces his ability to use his spells.
- Heroes with large magical AoE damage will fare well against Omniknight: , , ,
- Heroes who can harass Omniknight out of lane will keep him weak in the mid game: , ,
- Heroes who can drain mana can make Omniknight useless after he uses one or two abilities: , ,
- Heroes that can purge buffs can dispel Guardian Angel: , , .
- and other items that can prevent the casting of abilities makes Omniknight useless.
- and can dispel Guardian Angel.
- Omniknight's healing prevents allies from dropping low enough for . However, it can still go through all his buffs.
- Axe also enjoys getting close to allied heroes in order to damage them with his , which can easily be punished by Purification.
- s can be easily killed with Purification.
- Heavenly Grace dispels the stun from and the armor reduction from .
- Guardian Angel works well against Chaos Knight's overwhelming reliance on physical burst damage.
- 's damage is blocked by Guardian Angel.
- is blocked by Guardian Angel.
- Both Guardian Angel and Purification are perfect counters against .
- Guardian Angel completely counters if he is able to cast it.
- Heroes who rely strongly on melee physical damage will fare badly against Omniknight's Guardian Angel: , , , , , ,
Works well with...
- A Purification on Clockwerk while he is fighting inside will turn the fight in Clockwerk's favor.
- Heavenly Grace dispels the stun from while providing him with durability.
- solves Omniknight's mana problems, and Omniknight can keep her protected in return with Heavenly Grace and Guardian Angel during her Freezing Field. Her slows and root also pair well with Degen Aura and Purification.
- solves Omniknight's mana problems.
- A successful is an easy set-up for a Purification.
- Omniknight can also offset the self-damage of with Heavenly Grace.
- let's Storm Spirit get close for an easy Purification.
- Heroes who can jump into enemy formations gives Omniknight an opening to use Purification offensively: , , ,