Audio migration in progress. Some responses pages / audio files may have broken file links.
October 30, 2014 Patch
|Patches (latest)||← October 27, 2014 Patch||October 30, 2014 Patch||October 31, 2014 Patch →|
The current item drop system doesn't function well as a reward mechanism. It drops many items on players who aren't interested in them (the items are extremely common, or they're for a hero the player doesn't play), and in the process dilutes the value of the items. We'd like to get to a place where dramatically fewer uninteresting items enter the economy. We don't have a complete solution yet, so we're going to move forward step by step, taking feedback from you as we go.
- Item drops are now entirely time based instead of level based.
- Battle boosters have been removed from the game entirely (we actually removed them from the store in September).
- A new treasure, the "Treasure of the Rotted Gallows" has been added to the game.
- Treasure Redemption Tokens and other items that can be redeemed for treasures can select this new treasure.
- International 2013 Treasure Keys may now be redeemed for treasures.
- The items in this treasure can be traded/marketed in 3 months (February 1, 2015).
- The rare rewards from this treasure are not subject to the trade or marketing restriction.
- Fixed custom chains not appearing on both sides.
- Fixed Unusual Greevils not having their particle effects.
- Fixed alternate hero icons not showing consistently in the UI
- Buyback button now only accepts left clicks.
- 's portrait has been updated slightly to suit the new model size tweak.
- Arcana portrait entry added.
- Mega Creep Models portrait entry added.
- Portrait entry for Kanyu, the Land Shark removed.
- More updates to 's portrait. Now has his own background texture.
- New portrait entries for cosmetics added this patch.
- New portrait entries for the unreleased DC chest courier - Angel and Demon.