Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
October 27, 2011 Patch
|Patches (latest)||← October 20, 2011 Patch||October 27, 2011 Patch||November 03, 2011 Patch →|
Updates to Dota 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:
- Added , , and !
- Fixed a bug with Chilling Touch attack speed reduction display.
- Fixed a recent bug with Ice Trail path debuff happening a little too early
- Fixed Call of the Wild resummoning showing up as a deny.
- Fixed Poison Sting from affecting Wards.
- Fixed the wrong web sometimes getting removed when a new one is added.
- Fixed the Spiderlings and Spiderite passive abilities working on buildings and mechanical units.
- Fixed Spawn Spiderlings not being a projectile.
- Fixed Insatiable Hunger being purgeable.
- Fixed Insatiable Hunger bonus damage being considered as base damage.
- Fixed Hookshot interaction with allied units and neutrals.
- Fixed Hookshot not stunning magic immune units.
- Fixed the Hookshot target sometimes being able to run away before he arrives.
- Fixed cases where Hookshot would drop you to a lower level if your target was near a ledge
- Fixed Greater Eidolon movement speed.
- Fixed Dire Eidolon armor.
- Fixed Chronosphere's interaction with various passives
- Fixed Blade Dance working on wards.
- Fixed Torrent slow not lasting as long as it should.
- Fixed X Marks The Spot ignoring Linken's Sphere
- Fixed X Marks The Spot vision revealer not working.
- Fixed Ghost Ship not having vision.
- Fixed Ghost Ship's allied buff not reducing spell damage.
- Fixed vision around Arrow when it impacts.
- Fixed cases where Hook would drop the pulled target to a lower level if your target was near a ledge
- Fixed bug in Shadow Strike slow falloff.
- Fixed Scream of Pain not hitting units in fog of war
- Fixed Shadow Strike not being castable on regular units
- Fixed Scream of Pain not hitting invisible units.
- Fixed Shadow Strike not allowing you to deny heroes.
- Fixed Eye of the Storm not hitting invisible units.
- Fixed Backstab working on mechanical units.
- Fixed Smoke Screen working on Ancients.
- Fixed the timing on Blink Strike damage.
- Fixed Aegis not working on him once he levels up Reincarnation.
- Fixed Vampiric Aura on mechanical units.
- Fixed Vampiric Aura on denies.
- Fixed sometimes coming out of his invisibility for Geminate Attack.
- Fixed Heart of Tarrasque health regeneration from stacking.
- Fixed various items and abilities not interrupting channeling when used
- Fixed being able to revive a courier by upgrading it after it dies.
- Fixed courier stopping in its position whenever the hero it's delivering items to teleports.
- Fixed bug that caused illusions generated from a disconnected player to be controllable by the enemy team
- Fixed Siege units being considered as heroes for Bloodbath's distance check
- Fixed Chronosphere freezing other units you own
- Fixed issue that caused issued commands to not be executed immediately.
- Fixed a slight delay on many commands given to heroes.
- Fixed Monkey King Bar from proccing on towers.
- Fixed bloodstone charges stopping at 30.
- Fixed Armlet active bonus continuing after dropping the item.
- Fixed Creep Stats resetting after reaching 500.
- Fixed gold bounty values on creeps after that lane's barracks is down.
- Fixed Necronomicon not killing its previous units when used again (from Refresher, Tinker's Rearm, etc).
- Fixed Necronomicon Mana Burn ignoring Linken's Sphere
- Fixed Fountain mana regeneration being too slow
- Enabled Broodmother, Skeleton King and Queen of Pain in Captain's Mode.
- Fixed various stats on necronomicon units
- Fixed Satyr Hellcallers to only consider units in its vision for deciding when to cast shockwave.
- Fixed interaction with Roshan on Rocket Flare and Mana Void.
- Fixed Heart, Urn of Shadows, and Dagger not being properly Disabled by Haunt.
- Fixed a performance hitch when creating illusions.
- Fixed towers not revearling invisible non-hero units (spiderlings, hawk, etc).
- Wildkin Warchief's Tornado will now follow the target enemy you right-click instead of giving an error message.
- Fixed Kobold Taskmaster HP.
- Fixed Centaur Outrunner Armor and Damage.
- Fixed Attack type on Centaur Chief.
- Fixed small wolf's attack, armor and attack range.
- Fixed Enraged Wildkin level and XP bounty.
- Fixed Acquisition range on various neutrals.
- Fixed various minor inconsistencies on unit stats.
- Added a commendation system, which allows you to commend players who made your game a happier experience, and report anyone being hostile. You can commend or report a player by clicking their name in the main menu, in-game scoreboard or end game score screen.
- Added shop hotkey labels for shop category buttons.
- Clicking or control clicking a unit now selects all units of that type onscreen instead of globally.
- Player Perspective now shows shop and shop search text.
- Tiny's Toss will now show an error message if he has nothing near him to toss when he reaches cast range.
- When disarmed (Ghost Scepter, Decrepify, etc.), you can now right-click or attack-move-click on enemies to move toward them. The "Can't Attack" error will not appear until you reach attack range of the enemy.
- Shift-queued orders that become invalid by the time they are executed will now show an error message.
- Added an error message for when your shift-order-queue is full.
- Fixed a problem where certain orders could be ignored if a player tried to execute them just before they became invalid, especially with a slow connection to the server. An appropriate error message will now be displayed in these cases.
- Fixed losing key input when you search the shop with the chat up
- Fixed a bug where you could swap a stash item with a channeling teleport scroll and still finish the teleport.
- Fixed not being able to see your last hit gold effect through fog of war.
- Fixed playing gold sound and visuals for things that give zero gold bounty.
- Fixed a control group bug when Enchantress takes one of Chen's converted units.
- Improved the accuracy of matchmaking parties of players. Note that this may increase party matchmaking wait time.
- In matchmaking, servers are now selected before matches are ready.
- Tooltip hover for hero stats and gold is more responsive.
- HP Bars no longer lose some accuracy when the target is very low HP.
- Fixed Necronomicon Level 2 & 3 Manaburn hotkey not working.
- Added a new hotkey setting to select all units you own other than your hero (unbound by default).
- Fixed the scoreboard and stats panels not updating while the game is paused.
- Added a specific minibash effect for extremely short stuns.
- Updated Queen of Pain's base attack to better match her color scheme.
- Updated shadow strike.
- Fixed lifesteal effects not being owned by their owner which resulted in them not properly culling in fog of war.
- Added Spell Block effect to Roshan.
- Adjusted the tower projectile collision so that projectiles will actually reach towers before exploding.
- Detailed outer cliffs.
- Added falling rock lava splashes added to dire base background.
- Added Dire side moths.
- Frost Armor sound effect now plays when the buff is refreshed.
- Added Broodmother's Spiderling's voice code.
- Heroes can now talk while dead as long as they just want to comment on a Victory or Loss.
- Fixed a bug that prevented heroes from commenting on a rune pickup.
- Bots will now attack non-hero enemies.
- Bots now want to attack couriers and Juggernaut Bot's Healing Ward.
- Bots are now very unlikely to break off attacking when the target is stunned or slowed.
- Bots will now buy dust/gem when playing against Sand King.
- Increased the bonus-to-attack when a human pings a target.
- Increased the impact of human pings for lane defends and pushes.
- Fixed issue where tower pings from Dire players weren't working.
- Pinging enemy heroes will also increase the desire for a Team Roam.
- Tightened up the precision of pinging – bots should no longer think you're asking for a lane push when you ping on an enemy that's near a tower.
- Bots now know to move to healing auras if they need some healing and aren't desperately retreating. Currently works with Juggernaut's Healing Ward and Witch Doctor's Restoration Aura.
- Bots will now prioiritize interrupting units that are channeling.
- Fixed a number of cases where bots were getting stuck trying to use an item on an invalid (magic immune, invulnerable, etc) target.
- Improved bot target-selection logic for Eul's Scepter.
- Improved bot Diffusal Blade usage – it will no longer cast it on retreating targets that have an incoming stun.
- Improved Orchid usage – bots will now use it to break channels.
- Improved Urn usage – bots will no longer worry about using it on allies that are being hit by creeps.
- Bots now take damage on their own Barracks and Ancient much more seriously.
- Bots are now better about defending the proper lane when in-base.
- Bots should tunnelvision less on tower pushes when enemy heroes are nearby.
- Slightly increased bot desire to attack the enemy Ancient.
- Bots will no longer do Roshan when any lane needs to be defended.
- Bots now announce when they're leaving Roshan.
- Human players now need to be a bit further into a lane to claim it for laning purposes at the beginning of a game.
- Bots should spam chat less about roaming and returning.
- Bots should be much less likely to go for runes if a human with a bottle is on their team.
- Fixed Tiny's build so he will use his final grow.
- Fixed bug that was causing bots to be too timid late-game if they happened to be in a lane.
- Decreased lane push desire when there are enemy heroes nearby.
- Fixed a bug where bots didn't think they could purchase their next item if it would require selling an item.
- Bots should be significiantly more likely to spot farming targets and roam to gank as a team.
- Reduced spamminess of bot chat when pushing a lane.
- Reduced bot willingness to tank a tower.
- Slightly reduced the desire to push a tower when their potential co-pushers aren't nearby.
- Fixed bots repurchasing a courier when their flying courier uses shield.
- Bots should be better about picking stuff up from base late-game when they don't have any more pressing desires.
- Added Team Roam chat announcements.
- Bots will no longer defer all runes to humans with bottles when all the human heroes are dead.
- Increased attack desire when a number of nearby allies are attacking, which makes bots more decisive in teamfights.