October 15, 2020 Patch
|Patches (latest)||← October 14, 2020 Patch||October 15, 2020 Patch||N/A →|
Source: Update to Dota Plus and Guilds
- New matchmaking season has begun.
- Dota Plus members can earn up to 57,850 shards from quests during this season.
- Added Role Assistant hero grid arrangement, which displays heroes in their most picked roles.
- Added pull timers when holding ALT.
- Added post-game healing and gold breakdowns to the existing damage tab.
- Added MVP feature from the Battle Pass.
- Increased avoid player list from 16 to 25.
- All players can now reach up to Hero Level 5 without a Dota Plus subscription. Only subscribers can reach Silver tier and above.
- The Dota Plus Rewards store has been renamed to the “Shard Shop”.
- Added Chat Wheel sound effects (e.g. Moo, Orchestra Hit) to the shard shop.
- Hero sets and tools can now be purchased by everyone. Seasonal treasure, Chat Wheel sound effects and Hero Relics remain Dota Plus exclusive.
- All players can now use tipping for shards.
- All players can now earn the weekly shard reward for winning 3 matches. Non-subscribers earn 500 shards per week, while Dota Plus members earn 1000.
- Added guild system from the Battle Pass.
- All players can participate in a guild, but only Dota Plus members can create them.
- Guild contracts now earn both guild points and shards.
- All players have one contract per day, Dota Plus members have two.
- Contracts are rated 1-3 stars depending on their difficulty. Higher difficulty contracts give greater rewards.
- Guilds can earn guild points, which are tallied on a weekly leaderboard in each region. They are earned by:
- Playing matches while in a guild. More points are earned if player is partied with guildmates.
- Completing guild challenges.
- Guild points determine guild rank, which determines a weekly reward of shards and special perks for guild members. Dota Plus members earn double the amount of shards.
- At the end of the week, all existing guild points will decay by a percentage.
- Players can now choose to reset their ranked MMR under Settings -> Account -> MMR Recalibration.
- There are separate time windows where players can reset their MMR, spaced out evenly between October 22, 2020 and November 22, 2020.