- Nyx Assassin and zealot scarabs in general were described in a book from the Ultimyr Archives.
- Nyx Assassin's carapace is made of chitin.
- Nyx Assassin lives in the Hidden Hive.
- Nyx Assassin can project his thoughts into those around him, as well as hear the thoughts of others. He uses this ability to hunt down nearby enemies, and to communicate.
- Nyx Assassin's thoughts enter the minds of others in a subtle manner.
- Among the zealot scarabs, the Nyx Assassins are considered a separate caste unto itself, and may be represented by more than one member at a time.
- Black Arachnia has eaten several of Nyx Assassin's fellow zealot scarabs.
- Nyx Assassin has loathed Abaddon since his birth, for reasons unknown. Likewise, it appears Abaddon has defeated previous emissaries sent by Nyx.
- According to Lanaya, the Hidden Ones are also interested in recruiting Nyx Assassin.
- Nyx Assassin does not accept bribes.
- Nyx Assassin believes that beings without armor or exoskeletons are not worthy to live.
- Nyx Assassin once burrowed so deep into the earth that he struck a vein of crystals, which soon coated his exoskeleton.
- Nyx Assassin may be the only scarab that wears armor over his carapace, as well as affix metallic claws into his chitin limbs.
- Nyx Assassin has a special, magic resistant carapace that was the result of seven seasons of molting, grown with the help of alchemical substances.
- Nyx Assassin sometimes imbues his claws with venom against a mysterious enemy, whose only weakness is that venom.
- Nyx Assassin has been given the Sacred Orb by Nyx, which amplifies his abilities to track targets.
- Nyx Assassin belongs to the sect of Kaktos.
- Nyx Assassin apparently exudes a pleasant smell, at least to Donte.
Friendships and rivalries
Allies meeting Nyx Assassin
- Play Nyx, show me what you can do.
- Play Play Who invited the zealot?
- Play Play Nyx, I don't wanna see you this battle.
- Play If you ever tire of serving Nyx, the Hidden Ones would have you.
Enemies killing Nyx Assassin
- Play Another emissary of Nyx, crushed.
- Play Nyx, you've disposed of your last victim.
- Play Nyx Assassin, I've some of your cousins in my larder.
- Play Play Never trust an assassin.
- Play Play Never trust an insect.
- Play Play No one tries to assassinate the Monkey King and lives!
- Play Oh! I almost missed you.
- Play What sort of bug are you, Assassin?
- Play A vengeful fate whispers a cryptic phrase: nyx nyx nyx. What can it mean?
- Play Play I will crush you underfoot!
- Play Play No more hiding!
- Nyx Assassin response: Play On chitinous legs.
- Shell of the Hidden Hive description.
- Nyx Assassin response: Play Mmm, their thoughts draw me.
- Nyx Assassin response: Play My words enter the mind, but not the ear.
- Mind Piercer of the Predator description.
- Broodmother response: Play Nyx Assassin, I've some of your cousins in my larder.
- Nyx Assassin response: Play I despised you since the birth of my whole entire caste.
- Abaddon response: Play Another emissary of Nyx, crushed.
- Templar Assassin response: Play If you ever tire of serving Nyx, the Hidden Ones would have you.
- Nyx Assassin response: Play Your bribes won't dissuade me.
- Nyx Assassin response: Play Armorless beings were not meant for life.
- Latticean Shards description.
- Pincers of the Chosen Larva description.
- Carapace of the Chosen Larva description.
- Sacred Orb Venom Claws description.
- Sacred Orb Carapace description.
- Sect of Kaktos
- Pangolier response: Play I have never seen one like you before, Nyx. But you smell wonderful.