|A dangerous weapon pilfered from an inverse dimension.|
- The projectile travels at a speed of 750.
- Nullifier first applies the dispel, then the debuff.
- The slow immediately triggers on the target upon projectile hit as well, so that it gets slowed on hit.
- When the target already has the Nullify debuff, refreshing it with a new cast does not trigger the slow.
- After that, the slow triggers on every successful attack hitting the target. This means missed attacks do not trigger it.
- The slow does not trigger when the target turns ethereal before attack projectiles hit it.
- The slow has no trigger cooldown, so that the target can get slowed for the whole duration if it gets hit by attacks at most every 0.4 seconds.
- Can be cast on invulnerable units, applying the dispel and the debuff if the invulnerability can be dispelled.
- However, if the invulnerability cannot be dispelled, the debuff cannot be applied, but can be refreshed, if already debuffed.
- Arc Warden's can potentially double Nullify's duration, further preventing enemies from activating critical items such as .
- Arc Warden's natural high attack speed and low attack damage synergize very well with Nullifier's bonus damage, the Tempest Double also benefits fully from this damage.
- Arc Warden commonly builds or , which in conjunction with Nullify, can allow Arc Warden to completely shut down an enemy hero.
- Nullify prevents enemies from slipping away with channeling. when Bloodseeker is ganking with , since the mute cancels item
- Nullify combined with will trigger the slow with almost no interruptions.
- Clinkz's or will completely shut down targets for a long duration.
- Nullify prevents enemies from using defensive items like , or to cancel .
- Nullify stacks well with the silence from , shutting down enemies during ganks.
- Nullifier's extra damage multiplies with , and Nullify prevents her targets from protecting themselves with , or .
- Nullify prevents enemies from protecting themselves with items when Riki silences them with .
- Slark's fast attack speed keeps Nullified enemies slowed, and makes it harder for targets to escape after ends.
- Troll Warlord's high attack speed will guarantee many procs of slow on Nullifed enemies.
- Nullifier disables common counter items against Troll, such as or .
- A carry Witch Doctor can continuously trigger the movement slow with the fast attack speed of the Death Ward to keep the enemy in his attack range and to mute defensive items.
- Melee carry heroes can use Nullifier to mute enemy defensive items, allowing them to attack at will.
- 's silence synergizes with Nullifier's mute to leave the enemy with nothing but attacks and passive abilities.
- Necronomicon Archer can slow the target further with purge. 's summoned units will trigger Nullifier's slow repeatedly.
- 's high attack speed will trigger the slow more often.
- Because this item has a short range and slow projectile speed, it is easier to land from a melee hero with a
, or ability to close the distance.
- A ranged hero should instead buy a especially if he/she is an Intelligence hero.
- Use Nullifier on heroes with defensive items like , , , , and .
- Use Nullifier on heroes with mobility items , , and .
- Nullify can be dispelled. Beware of enemy heroes with dispels like or who can saves their teammates from its debuffs and heroes who can dispel it with their own abilities such as or .
- Combined with and , one may completely shut down an enemy. Even if they have off cooldown, that means they're still cut off from their passive abilities, and either their active abilities or items, depending on which effect was applied.