|is a strong early game ganker during the night. Dark Ascension instantly turns day to night while giving Night Stalker a large amount of extra benefits over most heroes including very fast movement speed. If left unchecked, Night Stalker can snowball by getting kills after kills in the early game and controlling the map in the mid to later stages of the game with great night vision.|
Night Stalker mostly needs levels and some cheap items and of course night time to coordinate his ganks around his teammates with the highest kill potential. You do however, need to mix farming and fighting carefully, as some items will heavily up the impact of Night Stalker, such as Urn of Shadows.
Void should always be maxed first as the nuke damage and slow durations scales well. At level 4, getting Hunter in the Night could be a good idea if the enemy team has no way to escape from you during the night.
|Generic Night Stalker|
|+40 Damage||20||+40 Movement Speed|
|15% Lifesteal||15||+15 Strength|
|+200 Mana||10||+200 Health|
- The mana talent increases maximum mana capacity, and keeps the current mana percentage.
- The health talent increases maximum health capacity, and keeps the current health percentage.
- The lifesteal talent stacks additively with other sources of lifesteal.
- The strength talent effectively grants Night Stalker 300 health, 1.5 health regen, 1.2% magic resistance and 15 attack damage.
Tips & Tactics
- Unlike other heroes in the game, Night Stalker has below-maximum sight range in the daytime, with only 800 compared to most other heroes' 1800. However, he more than compensates for this by possessing 1800 night vision, a value only equaled by a few other heroes in the game and more than double the rest. This means that while Night Stalker is relatively easy to sneak up on and gank in daylight.
- He possesses powerful vision at night, which can allow him to use his abilities to the utmost.
- Become active during nighttime and gank the enemies as Night Stalker is at his peak then. Save the farming for daytime.
- On top of having high mobility, Night Stalker has high strength, making him ideal at diving towers.
- Most often times, Night Stalker can play support as his abilities offer great disables during ganks and he does not need many items to work. Once he has some levels and the first night arrives, he comes online and should find kills for his teammates.
- In occasions, Night Stalker can be a strong solo mid laner. His excellent base damage and high base health allow him to get last hits and denies reliably, and he benefits greatly from solo experience as he can take advantage of the levels once the first night hits. Furthermore, being mid gives him the option of ganking either top or bottom without the need for a Town Portal Scroll, as he can reach either lane quickly due to Hunter in the Night.
- Night Stalker is also a great Off Laner, due to his ability to get on top of targets, making him ideal to have items.
- Void deals damage and slows target's movement speed.
- Void has lower slow duration during the day.
- Max Void first as it gives you a decent way to be useful even during daytime and stronger at nighttime.
- Void stuns its target during nighttime, so Night Stalker can use it to cancel Town Portal Scroll to stop enemies escaping. However, be aware some enemies may also know this and wait for you to use it and then teleport away.
- Void's low cooldown makes it a strong spell for breaking on an enemy. This can pave the way for allies to use additional disables on the target.
- Crippling Fear is a very good silence at level 1, maxing his other spells is a very good idea first for the mobility and damage.
- In fights with multiple enemies, try to stick Crippling Fear on enemy casters or supports in order to remove their presence.
- While weak in the daytime, Crippling Fear can still buy a small window of opportunity if use on the right target. Even though Night Stalker is relatively weak during daytime, he can still disable the enemy with his abilities if forced to.
- This ability is why building items such as Phase Boots on Night Stalker is a very good idea, to keep on top of people and stop them escaping.
- Max this spell second as it gives Night Stalker much needed mobility and attack speed at night, enabling the hero very hard.
- Hunter in the Night empowers Night Stalker's attack speed and movement speed during the night, making him a powerful ganker during the majority of the game.
- With haste speed of 550. Use this speed to your advantage to chase down enemies or escape with near impunity. , max level Hunter in the Night will boost Night Stalker's movement speed to nearly
- Most noticeably, this ability instantly will turn day into night for 30 seconds. Does not stack if it's already nighttime.
- Dark Ascension can be most profitably cast whenever it is off cooldown during the daytime. By doing so, you effectively reduce the amount of daytime there is in the game, as daytime will continue to tick down during Dark Ascension.
- At night, use Dark Ascension to gain vision over targets if they try to juke in trees or you need the bonus damage.
- Dark Ascension's flying vision allows Night Stalker to see enemies in the trees.
- With True Sight, Dark Ascension's flying vision helps Night Stalker spot enemy wards or stealth heroes.
- Dark Ascension enhances Night Stalker's mobility by letting him fly over cliffs.
- gives health regeneration to stay alive.
- restores health in the early game.
- restores mana so Night Stalker may use more Voids.
- provides damage block that can greatly increase survivability in lane.
- stores charges that restore HP and mana for Night Stalker to stay alive and use abilities during ganks.
- , combined with Hunter in the Night, increase Night Stalker base movement speed, granting him unparalleled mobility at night.
- is a very good fit on Night Stalker since he likes to be on the front like disrupting the fight with his superior mobility and silence. It also gives a small amount of mana regeneration which is very nice for the hero and upgrades into one of the most efficient stat items in the game.
- grants vision so Night Stalker can set up ganks; his high mobility at night makes placing wards deep inside enemy territory easy.
- is the upgrade to magic stick and is good in games where enemies are casting a lot of spells.
- gives Night Stalker all-stats and provides a lot of aggressive and defensive potential to increase his survivability or decrease the enemies. The mana regeneration to sustain his mana pool is also a very good perc, although Urn of Shadows also does this. The active decreases a gank target's ability to easily fight back against you or any allies during both ganks and teamfights. This item is generally core on the hero due to it's synergy with a fast, always moving hero like Night Stalker.
- grant Night Stalker extra movement speed and attack damage, synergizing well with Hunter in the Night' and giving Night Stalekr some much needed physical survivability.
- gives useful health and movement speed, as well as ability to counter enemy healing and health regeneration which may make ganking easier.
- gives Night Stalker both offensive and defensive power. The extra physical survivability synergises well with the hero since he likes to be on the front of the fights or ganks.
- dispel which can be very useful against several heroes or just to help sustain your team. It should be noted most the time you will want something like a Spirit Vessel or even a Blade Mail. gives Night Stalker a blend of self-sustain and survivability through the health and mana regeneration. The active applies
- helps Night Stalker get crucial kills by masking his and allies' presence from enemy wards.
- reveals invisible enemies and wards. Combined with Dark Ascension unobstructed vision during nighttime, Night Stalker commands great vision over the map.
- 's Damage Return can keep Night Stalker alive as enemies may choose not to deal any damage to him, lest losing HP themselves.
- 's disarm works well with Crippling Fear's silence to completely prevent an enemy from fighting back. It also increases survivability with bonuses to strength, evasion, and status resistance.
- makes Night Stalker immune to most disables in team fights so he can focus on using abilities and attacking the enemies without interruption; it also gives him more health and attack damage.
- helps Night Stalker locking down targets with stun and bash; its damage block and bonus health also add to his tankiness.
- greatly increases the size of Night Stalker's health pool, making him much harder to bring down in fights. The extra strength gives him more base damage as well, and the passive health regeneration makes staying active on the map easy. It's another item that should be bought cautiously, since it's very expensive and doesn't give you any damage or real sustain against many heroes.