- Going on Chaos Knight is not going to end well for Night Stalker because he is an illusion based hero.
- It does not matter how scary Night Stalker is when ganking other heroes, helps Huskar endure damage from Void or any other gank attempt.
- Huskar's durability is higher than Night Stalker's, so Huskar will be able to deal with him.
- One more thing, significantly decreases mobility granted by Hunter in the Night.
- Night Stalker's silence and slow are useless against Lycan if he activated Shapeshift.
- Meepo's clones are very helpful in stopping Night Stalker from chasing a low health Meepo, as they can ensnare him and slow him down heavily. On top of that, Meepo has enough burst damage to even kill Night Stalker while stopping him.
- can be problematic since Night Stalker cannot withstand fighting Illusions.
- She can also him, thus giving her teammates the chance to kill him.
- will reduce Void debuff duration.
- In addition, Night Stalker is mostly reliant on attacks, so will help Omniknight and his allies a lot during teamfights.
- Same as every other illusion based hero, Night Stalker cannot deal at all with Phantom Lancer.
- Also, with , Phantom Lancer will significantly decrease mobility granted by Hunter in the Night.
- Apart from Terrorblade being an illusion based hero, Night Stalker's damage output not being very high will give Terrorblade more than enough time to turn the tables with .
- and will decrease his mobility and attack damage when attacking head-on or ganking.
- Wraith King is more durable than Night Stalker, and will win vs him in a fight due to his stun/lifesteal and crit once farmed.
- Reincarnation's slow is useful vs Hunter in the Night.
- Heroes that are hard to gank: ,
- Heroes with dispels: ,
- sends slow back to Night Stalker.
- dispels debuffs of Night Stalker.
- prevents Slow once.
- Night Stalker has a small mana pool, so against him is usually very ineffective. He also only needs to cast 2 spells at the beginning, so the missing mana does not hinder Night Stalker much.
- Crippling Fear also prevents Anti-Mage from escaping with , allowing Night Stalker and his allies to kill him off.
- The long silence at night prevents Bounty Hunter from escaping with their invisibility spells. Like Clinkz, he also has really low base health, so that Night Stalker can usually kill them alone during one cast of Crippling Fear at night.
- The long silence at night prevents Clinkz from escaping with their invisibility spells. he also has really low base health, so that Night Stalker can usually kill them alone during one cast of Crippling Fear at night.
- has a short stun and creates an impassable ridge. However, Night Stalker can cast Hunter in the Night during nighttime to fly over it.
- Night Stalker can silence Shaker (though Shaker is rarely a primary target).
- Keeper of the Light's upgrade loses much of its power, due to Night Stalker being able to reduce the duration of daytime by a lot.
- Night Stalker is one of the best heroes to find (and silence) Tinker in the trees as well as one of the best fears to Tinker in the laning stage.
- With Dark Ascension and Gem of True Sight, Night Stalker can easily find and probably kill Riki. And he is tanky hero to fight Riki any stage of the game.
- With Dark Ascension he can keep vision on Slark, disabling his regeneration.
- The silence from Crippling Fear prevents Storm Spirit from initiating or escaping. With Dark Ascension, Night Stalker is able to gank better than Storm Spirit due to better night vision.
- Heroes with low health: , ,
Works well with...
- Night Stalker synergizes with a lot and in a both directions.
- Sniper has high night vision range and can attack from long range while Night Stalker be a front-line tank for him.
- turns day into night for 10 seconds while Dark Ascension grants Luna the bonus vision while active.
- places all enemy heroes into a small area, paired with Crippling Fear and a slow can effectively silence the entire other team.
- Heroes with bonus night vision: , , , ,