Unlike most other heroes in the game, Night Stalker's strength greatly fluctuates depending on the time of day. He is relatively innocuous during the day, with one of his abilities being completely disabled then while two others are heavily weakened in potency, but he quickly becomes a force to be reckoned with once the moon rises. He has a slow in Void, which allows him to hound and nuke down lone enemies who are unfortunate enough to encounter him; the slow effect is considerably more debilitating at night where a mini stun is also applied. He also has the ability to silence his foes with Crippling Fear, which drastically increases in duration at night, preventing spellcasters and even carries from retaliating against him while he lashes at them with relative impunity. His passive, Hunter In the Night, greatly boosts his movement speed and attack speed at night, allowing him to easily move around the map, to pursue and tear apart his prey. Finally, his ultimate, Dark Ascension, summons instant nighttime and hampers enemy night vision, making even the strongest enemy heroes sitting ducks for the Night Stalker and his allies. A terror in darkness, Night Stalker is the embodiment of heroes' nightmares, and one of the last things they will ever wish to encounter alone at night.
- The silence is provided by an aura, its debuff lingers for 0.5 seconds.
- The aura's duration does not update when it turns day or night while the buff is on.
- Also uses the night values during the night from .
- Has a cast backswing of 0.67 during .
- Also works during the night from .
- Dark Ascension has a lower priority than the daytime caused by
- During it, Night Stalker still flies, has the damage bonus and unobstructed vision, but the vision is limited to his default daytime vision.
- Has a cast backswing of 0.5 seconds when cast during the night.
|+35 Damage||20||+30 Movement Speed|
|20% Lifesteal||15||+12 Strength|
- The lifesteal talent stacks additively with other sources of lifesteal.
- The strength talent effectively grants Night Stalker 240 health, 1.2 health regen, and 12 attack damage.
- Level 25 left talent: -50s cooldown increased to -60s.
- Level 10 left talent: +200 mana reduced to +150.
- Level 10 right talent: +200 health reduced to +150.
- Level 15 left talent: 25% lifesteal reduced to 20%
- Level 15 right talent: +15 strength reduced to +12.
- Level 20 left talent: +40 attack damage reduced to +35.
- Level 20 right talent: +35 movement speed reduced to +30.
- Level 25 left talent: -60s cooldown reduced to -50s.
- Level 25 right talent: +100 attack speed reduced to +80.
- gives health regeneration to stay alive.
- restores health in the early game.
- restores mana so Night Stalker may use one more Void in the early game to secure kill.
- stores charges that restore HP and mana for Night Stalker to stay alive and use abilities during ganks.
- , combined with Hunter in the Night, increase Night Stalker base movement speed, granting him unparalleled mobility at night.
- fits the active Night Stalker, giving him charges that heal or hurt heroes. It also increases mana regeneration and armor so Night Stalker can stay alive to contribute to ganks.
- grants vision so Night Stalker can set up ganks; his high mobility at night makes placing wards deep inside enemy territory easy.
- provides attributes and restores HP and mana to Night Stalker.
- gives Night Stalker solid stats all around and a powerful debuff for ganking.
- grant Night Stalker extra movement speed and attack damage, synergizing well with Hunter in the Night's movement and attack speed boost.
- gives useful health and movement speed, as well as ability to counter enemy healing and health regeneration which may make ganking easier.
- grants Night Stalker a spammable area-of-effect nuke and ministun, greatly improving his teamfight presence and letting him push and farm with impunity.
- gives Night Stalker both offensive and defensive power. The extra armor makes him much tankier, synergizing well with his high strength growth, and the attack speed bonus combines with the enemy armor reduction to greatly improve Night Stalker's and teammates' physical damage output.
- dispel which can be very useful against several heroes or just to help sustain your team. It should be noted most the time you will want something like a Spirit Vessel or even a Blade Mail. gives Night Stalker a blend of self-sustain and survivability through the health and mana regeneration. The active applies
- helps Night Stalker get crucial kills by masking his and allies' presence from enemy wards.
- reveals invisible enemies and wards. Combined with Dark Ascension unobstructed vision during nighttime, Night Stalker commands great vision over the map.
- 's Damage Return can keep Night Stalker alive as enemies may choose not to deal any damage to him, lest losing HP themselves.
- 's disarm works well with Crippling Fear's silence to completely prevent an enemy from fighting back. It also increases survivability with bonuses to strength, evasion, and status resistance.
- makes Night Stalker immune to most disables in team fights so he can focus on using abilities and attacking the enemies without interruption; it also gives him more health and attack damage.
- break to ruin enemy powerful passive abilities. gives Night Stalker bonuses to attributes, attack speed, and attack damage. Shadow Walk, combined with Hunter in the Night, allows him to gank while moving at maximum speed, inflicting bonus damage and
- helps Night Stalker lock down targets with stun and bash; its damage block and bonus health also add to his tankiness.
- greatly increases the size of Night Stalker's health pool, making him much harder to bring down in fights. The extra strength gives him more base damage as well, and the passive health regeneration makes staying active on the map easy.
|Roles:||Carry Initiator Durable Disabler Nuker|
|Playstyle:||The beast of bedtime tales, Balanar is the primal terror that every child knows to fear. When night falls, Balanar goes on the hunt, moving and striking with devilish swiftness. He inflicts a debilitating Void, slowing and forcing his quarry to flee, arms withering and spells fizzling as their hearts are stricken with Crippling Fear. Even the lighted hours provide no safety from the Night Stalker. When needed, Balanar transforms through a Dark Ascension, spreads his wings under the blackened veil of night, and goes on the prowl for ever more victims.|
- Many of Night Stalker's responses that refer to his vampiric qualities make reference to Bram Stoker's Dracula, a film adaptation of the classic novel starring Gary Oldman.
- Night stalker's line ▶️ "If I ever get my claws on that bird." is likely a reference to the rooster that crows when the game transitions from nighttime to daytime.
- Additionally it is a reference to a line used by "Looney Tunes" character Sylvester the cat when describing "Tweety Bird."
- Night Stalker's deep and raspy voice is a possible reference to Batman.
- In an earlier version DotA, there existed a hero similar to Night Stalker called . His first ability "Time Void" had similar effects to the present ability, except it also stunned the target for 5 seconds. Void Demon also had an ability similar to Omniknight's , though it had a larger radius of 600 units. His third ability was a pushing spell called "Quake" which was useful for destroying towers. Finally, his ultimate was called "Mass Haste". This aura gave Void Demon and nearby allies benefits similar to Night Stalker's , except that it had no conditions and enabled Void Demon and his team to hunt Heroes relentlessly both day and night. Ultimately, Void Demon was replaced with Night Stalker as his skill set was deemed too powerful.
- Night Stalker's response "In the forest of the night" is a reference to the poem The Tyger by William Blake.
Low Violence model