New Bloom Festival 2015 is an event that lasted from February 12th to March 2nd, 2015. It celebrates the year of the Ram. This event features a new game mode, in which two teams battle it out with their respective Year Beasts.
Ability Points are the currency for this event. It is used to upgrade the Year Beast and cast abilities in-game.
- Players are given a set maximum amount of Ability Points at the start of each Year Beast Brawl.
- The maximum amount of points possible (Ability Points Pool) can be increased by various items.
*At least one player on the team must own a Frost Avalanche in order to earn points from regular matches.
A bonus amount of Ability Points is added to the players' total each day.
- February 13: 3500 → 8000 → 1500
- February 14: 2100 → 4500
- February 15: 4500 → 7200
- February 16: 3200
- February 17: 5500
- February 18: 2900
- February 19: 6600
- February 20: 5100
- February 21: 3200
- February 22: 4800
- February 23: 2600
- February 24: 7700
- February 25: 3400
- February 26: 1700
- February 27: 5700
- February 28: 9500
- March 1: 12200
- March 2: 6400
Year Beast Brawl
Year Beast Brawl is a standard match with the addition of a semi-controllable Year Beast bot for both teams. Players select their heroes in the same way as Ranked All Pick. The Year Beast appears every five minutes, and selects a lane to attack. Matchmaking Rating is not affected by Year Beast Brawls.
- The Year Beast Brawl can only be joined during 20-minute windows that occur every 2-3 hours each day.
- A countdown timer tells how much time is left before the game mode becomes available.
The Year Beast gets stronger, gaining the following stats with each level:
- 350 Health
- 35 Attack damage
- 1 Armor
- 5% Magic resistance
- 5 Movement speed
- 50 Gold bounty
- 50 Experience bounty
Controlling the Year Beast
For more details on abilities, see the Year Beast
The Year Beast can be commanded to take certain actions by spending Ability Points. Active Abilities are automatically upgraded at the 10 and 20 minute marks, and can be used even when the Year Beast is dead.
- Teleport to a friendly building or creep. Similar to Boots of Travel. 4.5 second channel time. Can be silenced.
| Attack Target
- Targets a single enemy unit or building for 5 seconds, gains phase and haste. Alerts allies in chat when used.
| Double Damage
- Increase base damage by 100%. Functions in the same way as a Double Damage Rune. Lasts 5 seconds.
- Heals the Year Beast by 20% of its health.
| Global Silence
| Hand Of God
- Casts Hand of God. Restores 200/300/400 health to all team members.
| Global Chakra
- Casts global Chakra Magic. Restores 60%/80%/100% mana to all team members.
| Tower Flak Cannon
- Causes towers to hit and slow all enemy units within 1000 range each time they attack. Similar to Flak Cannon.
Slow effect functions in the same way as Eye of Skadi. Lasts 10 seconds.
| Glyph of Fortification
- Causes buildings to become invulnerable for 5 seconds. Functions in the same way as the Glyph of Fortification.
- The Year Beast can be upgraded at the 10 and 20 minutes mark with Ability Points.
- There are three upgrade paths available.
- Each player selects their own upgrade path for a total of five upgrades.
- Multiple instances of the same upgrade path come with independent proc chances and cooldowns.
- Players cannot control upgraded abilities. The Year Beast will use them automatically.
- Attack Speed Aura: Allied units gain 30 attack speed in a 900 radius around the Beast.
- Stampede: If there are 2 or more enemy Heroes within 500 range of the Year Beast, it causes a Stampede, and all friendly units gain haste and phase for 3 seconds.
- Refresher Aura: When an allied hero casts a spell within 900 range of the Beast, that spell has a 50% chance to be instantly refreshed.
- Multiple instances of Speed Path have independent cooldowns for Stampede, and independent chances to proc Refresher Aura.
- Attack Speed Aura does not stack.
- Bash: The Beast gains a 12% chance to stun attacked enemies for 1 second.
- Spiked Carapace: If 2 or more heroes are within 500 range of the Beast, the Beast will stun and reflect damage if attacked.
- Berserker's Call: If there are 2 or more heroes within 300 range of the Beast, they will be forced to attack it for 2.5 seconds.
- Greater Hex: The Beast unleashes a magical smoke that expands outward in a 1000 radius, turning enemy units into harmless pigs for 4 seconds.
- Multiple instances of Combat Path have independent chances to proc Bash, and independent cooldowns for Berserker's Call, Spiked Carapace, and Greater Hex.
- Healing Aura: Heals 10 HP every 2 seconds in a 1100 area of effect around the Beast.
- Truesight: Grants truesight in a 1100 radius. The Beast will use Mekansm and Arcane Boots every 35 seconds in a 750 radius. Unlike the item effects, these effects have no cooldown.
- Smoke Aura: While standing near the Beast, heroes are smoked.
- Resurrection Aura: If a hero dies in an 1100 radius of the Beast, it will be resurrected after 3 seconds. This effect can only happen once every 20 seconds.
- Multiple instances of Support Path have independent cooldowns for Arcane Boots, Mek, and Resurrection Aura.
- Healing Aura does not stack.
| Year Beast Brawl Victories
|| Awarded for your victories during the Year Beast Brawl event.
| 1 Win
|| 5 Wins
|| 10 Wins
|| 25+ Wins
During the event, cosmetic items can be recycled in the Armory. Recycling ten items will grant 50 ability points and a Charm of the Crucible Jewel. The charm can be used to predict victories. Three victory predictions will award a Treasure of the Crucible Jewel, as well as a small chance of receiving an Arcana item. Making two incorrect predictions will grant one to three Charm Fragments.
My master told me of the creature's first coming. It struck without warning, razing our first great city to the ground, slaughtering every warrior we had. And the next spring, it came back. And every spring since. We came to call it the Year Beast. And over time, we learned how to survive it. Then the heroes came, and we learned how to fight it. This year, we will not run from the Year Beast. No, this year, we will tame it!
- These trophies were originally intended to reward the number of "New Bloom Levels" earned, but the feature was never implemented.
| Year Beast Readiness
|| Awarded for gaining New Bloom Levels during the Year Beast Brawl event.
| Level 1
|| Level 30
|| Level 95
|| Level 150+
- The Year Beast Brawl hero picking now uses the Ranked All Pick rules (players take turns picking their heroes)
- Rescaled some values used for Year Beast Brawl's Refresher Aura
- Refresher Aura is now tracked per-ability and has a slightly greater chance of initially triggering, but a diminishingly lower chance of triggering for each subsequent proc.
- Tower Flak shots now apply Skadi.
- Year Beast Teleport cooldown reduced from 60 to 30 seconds.
- Year Beast Teleport channel duration increased from 3 to 4.5.
- Global Active Abilities now scale based on game time, similar to the Beast Passive Upgrades:
- Thundergod's Wrath:
- 350 damage to 0-10 minutes: 125 damage, 10-20 minutes: 250 damage, 20+ minutes: 375 damage
- Global Chakra:
- 100% mana to 0-10 minutes: 60% mana, 10-20 minutes: 80% mana, 20+ minutes: 100% mana
- Hand of God:
- 300 health to 0-10 minutes: 200 health, 10-20 minutes: 300 health, 20+ minutes: 400 health
- Global Silence:
- 5 seconds to 0-10 minutes: 4 seconds, 10-20 minutes: 5 seconds, 20+ minutes: 6 seconds.
- Fixed using beast actives while the game is paused
- Updated tooltips.
- The active abilities can now be used independent of the Year Beast being alive.
- Added on-hover tooltips for the active abilities in the Year Beast panel.
- Added two new active abilities: Tower Flak Cannon, and Glyph
- Tower Flak Cannon - 250 Ability Points - For 10 seconds, friendly towers will attack all enemy units within 1000 range each time they attack; 60 second cooldown.
- Glyph - 250 Ability Points - Your buildings become invulnerable for the next 5 seconds; 360 second cooldown.
- Global Chakra cooldown reduced from 120 seconds to 90 seconds.
- Hand of God cooldown reduced from 240 seconds to 160 seconds.
- Normal and Ranked Matchmaking games can now be found while the Year Beast Brawl is active.
- Increased the Year Beast Brawl matchmaking window from 10 minutes to 15 minutes.
- The time of the next Year Beast Brawl event is always shown.
- Fixed a rare issue causing Refresher, Resurrection, and True Sight auras to not always work correctly.
- Fixed double-spending bug that would occur in the Year Beast Brawl if the Upgrade button was pressed multiple times in quick succession.
- Fixed Year Beast icon being sometimes missing on the minimap.
- Recycling Ability Points increased from 25 to 50 Ability Points.
- Changed Year Beast Brawl join window from 10 minutes to 20 minutes.
- Changed event countdown timer from one hour to one and a half hour.
- Replaced Year Beast Aegis ability with Global Chakra ability.
- Reduced Year Beast's Thunderwrath, Global Silence and Hand of God ability point cost from 1000 to 750.
- Lowered requirements for New Bloom trophies.