Neutral items are items dropped by neutral creeps. They cannot be purchased or sold at shops, but are fully shareable. Heroes can hold one neutral item at a time. Unused neutral items can be stored in a special stash at the fountain.
- Drops begin after 7 minutes into the game. In Turbo Mode, drops begin immediately.
- Neutral items come in 5 tiers. Items from each tier start dropping based on the time on the game clock.
- Drop chance is calculated by pseudo-random distribution, and rolled individually for each team and each tier. Higher tiered items are rolled first.
- Drop chance is only rolled when there is a hero within 750 radius of the killed creep.
- Ancient creeps have triple the drop rate.
- A neutral creep loses its ability to drop an item when it gets taken over by a player. It must belong to the neutral team to drop items.
- Neutral items do not drop if there is an enemy of the killing player within 600 radius of the killed neutral unit.
- Only counts the five picked heroes of the enemy team. Any other enemy unit (including clones and illusions) is ignored.
- The same item may only drop once for each team.
- A maximum of four items per tier can drop for each team.
- All items have a 10% chance of dropping.
|Tier 2||No Drop||Drop||Drop||Drop||Drop|
|Tier 3||No Drop||No Drop||Drop||Drop||Drop|
|Tier 4||No Drop||No Drop||No Drop||Drop||Drop|
|Tier 5||No Drop||No Drop||No Drop||No Drop||Drop|
Main Article: Neutral items changelog