Nature's Prophet is a ranged intelligence hero, whose play style is different from most intelligence heroes, because he can be almost anywhere at any given time with his Teleportation. This ability allows him to participate in most ganks and pushes at a moment's notice. With Sprout, he creates a ring of trees, trapping anyone within them in place, serving to disable anyone caught within them. The trees around him serve as his objects of power; using them, he summons sentient tree beings known as Treants from trees on the map with his Nature's Call ability. Wrath of Nature is the main and only directly damaging spell in his arsenal, but it can potentially be very powerful, as it can inflict increased damage with each bounce off subsequent enemies and can clear out multiple creep waves with its moderate cooldown and mana cost. Commonly played as a ganker, offlaner and jungler and known as a strong pusher, Nature's Prophet has superb farming capabilities and global presence, giving him the power to be anywhere on the map. Late-game, Nature's Prophet makes himself useful by constantly distracting and annoying the enemy team by pushing. If attention is not given to him, he can single-handedly win the game by constantly taking several towers or even the Ancient.
- Creates a tree on every 45th degree of a 150 radius circle, resulting in 8 trees forming a ring and trapping the targeted unit.
- Destroying one tree is enough to allow units to walk in and out of the ring of trees.
- Trees created with Sprout act exactly like the other trees on the map. They block vision, pathing and interact with spells the same way.
- Sprout grants 500 range flying vision around the targeted point for its duration.
- Units not controlled by any player do not try to path around the Sprout trees, but simply walk against them as if they are not there.
- This effectively causes them to get stuck, until they change directions (e.g. when aggro-ing them).
- Sprout trees have a different model and are smaller than other trees on the map and they do not have a dying animation.
- Double-tapping the ability automatically targets the team's Fountain.
- Unlike the teleports from and , canceling this one does not consume the cooldown and mana.
- During the cast time, a visual effect is created around Nature's Prophet and at the target location. These visual effects are visible to everyone.
- Also plays a sound at the target location, however, this is only audible to enemies when Nature's Prophet is visible to them.
- Nature's Call can only create as many treants as there are trees in the targeted area.
- Destroys all trees in the target area, regardless of how many treants are created.
- Treants always spawn at the center of the area.
- Must have at least 1 tree within its area to be castable. Targeting an area without trees gives an error message.
- However, if trees within the targeted area disappear during the cast time, the spell is not canceled, wasting mana and cooldown.
- Wrath of Nature can be cast on the ground. It automatically jumps on the closest visible enemy.
- Bounces in 0.25-second intervals, so hitting all targets takes 3.75 seconds. Each bounce increases the current damage by 11%.
- Can never hit the same unit twice per cast.
- This is how much damage each bounce deals on each level (before reductions):
- Level 1: 110 / 122.1 / 135.5 / 150.4 / 166.9 / 185.3 / 205.7 / 228.3 / 253.4 / 281.3 / 312.2 / 346.5 / 384.6 / 426.9 / 473.9 / 526
- Level 2: 140 / 155.4 / 172.5 / 191.5 / 212.6 / 236 / 262 / 290.8 / 322.8 / 358.3 / 397.7 / 441.4 / 490 / 543.9 / 603.7 / 670.1
- Level 3: 170 / 188.7 / 209.5 / 232.5 / 258.1 / 286.5 / 318 / 353 / 391.8 / 434.9 / 482.7 / 535.8 / 594.7 / 660.1 / 732.7 / 813.3
- This is how much damage each bounce deals on each level when upgraded (before reductions):
- Level 1: 135 / 149.9 / 166.4 / 184.7 / 205 / 227.6 / 252.6 / 280.4 / 311.2 / 345.4 / 383.4 / 425.6 / 472.4 / 524.4 / 582.1 / 646.1
- Level 2: 170 / 188.7 / 209.5 / 232.5 / 258.1 / 286.5 / 318 / 353 / 391.8 / 434.9 / 482.7 / 535.8 / 594.7 / 660.1 / 732.7 / 813.3
- Level 3: 205 / 227.6 / 252.6 / 280.4 / 311.2 / 345.4 / 383.4 / 425.6 / 472.4 / 524.4 / 582.1 / 646.1 / 717.2 / 796.1 / 883.7 / 980.9
- All bounces together can collectively deal up to 4310.9/5486.6/6662.3 ( 5290.6/6662.3/8033.9) damage (before reductions).
- When having , places a debuff on all hit enemies. When an enemy dies with the debuff on, a spawns at its location.
|-4sCooldown||20||+40 Attack Speed|
|+35 Movement Speed||10||+30 Damage|
- provides health regeneration for Nature's Propet to survive his lane.
- restores health as well.
- restores mana to Nature's Prophet so he can continually use his spells in the early game, particularly Nature's Call, as his base intelligence and comparatively costly spells means that he will otherwise quickly run out.
- is cheap attribute item that can shore up Nature's Prophet's health, damage, and mana.
- provides burst health and mana can give him the survivability to escape an enemy gank, or enough mana to cast one more spell.
- provide Nature's Prophet with a boost to his movement speed, important for catching up to enemies to cast his spells during ganks. While he has strong global mobility in Teleportation, having enough speed to re-position during fights is crucial.
- significantly augments Nature's Prophet's global mobility. While Teleportation already grants him global presence without the need to target his destination at an allied building, a Town Portal Scroll allows him to use the two in tandem, such as retreating to base or defending a tower after using his innate spell. As well, using the Town Portal Scroll will leave Teleportation at the ready should an opportunity to gank an enemy present itself shortly.
- provide additional attribute bonuses to Nature's Prophet, and give him even more burst health and mana regeneration. A fully-charged Magic Wand can give Nature's Prophet enough mana to cast any of his spells even when completely empty.
- is a useful alternative to Power Treads. As it augments Nature's Prophet's physical attacks and allows him to boost his movement speed, it can make him a bigger threat in ganks since he can maneuver into position more easily after casting Teleportation, to pen in an enemy with Sprout and deal heavily damaging right-clicks. The movement speed boost is also useful for escaping pursuing enemies, and in a pinch can be used to walk right through other units, such as your own Treants.
- gives Nature's Prophet more initiation and escape ability, augmenting his already formidable global presence due to Teleportation. Used offensively, Nature's Prophet can get in a powerful first strike on unwary enemies prior to disabling and focusing them down. Used defensively, the invisibility and increased movement speed allow him to evade any enemy rotations aimed at halting his pushes, and can allow him to invisibly cast Teleportation.
- is a powerful early aggression tool. Its low cost and easy buildup make it possible to obtain quickly in the early game, while the bonuses it provides augment Nature's Prophet's physical attacks (via increased intelligence, damage and attack speed) and allow him to gank enemies to great effect by silencing them, preventing them from casting retaliatory disables or escape spells. The augmented mana regeneration also allows him to stay out in the field longer without needing to return to base as often.
- mute that disables enemy items, taking out a dangerous enemy. complements Orchid Malevolence's silence with its
- , if obtained early, can greatly augment Nature's Prophet's late-game potential by accelerating his gold and experience gain at the cost of early-game aggression. As well, the bonus attack speed give his physical attacks more power.
- provide Nature's Prophet with a boost to his attributes and additional attack speed, which are both very useful. The attributes allow him to give himself more health or mana and base damage, while the attack speed allows him to land more physical attacks on enemy targets.
- hex ability, giving him another way to control enemies' movements on top of Sprout. It also provides a large increase to his intelligence, giving him more damage and mana, as well as all-around attributes and powerful mana regeneration. massively increases the ganking power of Nature's Prophet by giving him a
- augments the strength of Wrath of Nature, allowing it to deal more damage overall and sprouting Treants upon successfully killing an enemy unit, be it a creep or hero. This greatly augments Nature's Prophet's pushing power, since it will summon reinforcements upon striking down enemy lane creeps.
- can greatly augment Nature's Prophet's offensive and pushing potential. The increased damage and armor reduction on targets make his physical attacks much deadlier, allowing him to soften up gank targets or reduce tower armor to hasten pushes.
- provides Nature's Prophet with additional pushing power and an additional damage source when ganking enemy heroes. At level 3, the Necronomicon will also provide True Sight, which can be used to de-ward enemy vision and prevent invisible enemy heroes from escaping ganks.
- break on gank targets, enemy passives can be removed from play, increasing the odds of a successful kill. Also, the bonus attributes give Nature's Prophet increased resilience. , when upgraded from Shadow Blade, can give Nature's Prophet additional ganking power when used properly. By applying a
- provides cheap attributes, and improves Nature's Prophet's mana pool and damage output, making early jungling easier. Purchasing two or more can give him respectable early attributes and allow him to fight enemies earlier on.
- can be a useful item to purchase on Nature's Prophet, depending on the situation. It can enhance his mobility by allowing him to quickly re-position himself, such as pushing himself over a cliff, re-positioning allies, or breaking Linken's Sphere on a gank target prior to other disables.
- can tremendously increase Nature's Prophet's maneuverability and ability to evade enemy ganks. After using Teleportation to arrive at a lane and Nature's Call to summon Treants to push, Blink Dagger can be used to instantly jump away to evade any enemies attempting to rotate in. It can also be used to initiate more easily on gank targets, as they may easily run away if they see a Teleportation coming in.
- is a very unorthodox early-game item to build on Nature's Prophet, as he does not have the health to efficiently utilize any reflected damage. However, it can be a powerful offensive item, as it provides a large amount of attack damage and intelligence, tremendously increasing the power of his right-click damage. As well, the armor increases his survivability and the active can still be useful when focusing down single targets, and any damage incurred can be replenished by returning to the fountain with Teleportation.
- gives Nature's Prophet significantly more ganking power as he can instantly burst down a portion a gank target's health, making successful kills more likely. His ability to farm and get kills also allows him to upgrade it to allow it to remain potent throughout a match.
- is a very powerful offensive and pushing item. By boosting his attack speed and inflicting the enemy with a negative armor aura, Nature's Prophet's physical attacks become much deadlier, and the increased armor also gives him survivability against physical damage. As well, the negative armor aura affects enemy buildings as well as creeps, and the allied aura increases creep armor and attack speed, making pushes more powerful when outside of teamfights.
- is a strong all-around pushing and fighting item. The greatly increased attack speed as well as attack modifier allows Nature's Prophet to make short work of creep waves, and increases the potency of his attacks during ganks and teamfights. The active can be cast to increase damage output via proccing the shield.
|Roles:||Carry Jungler Pusher Escape Nuker|
|Playstyle:||Planted as a seed by the goddess Verodicia, and grown from the remnants of her own body, the Nature's Prophet rose on the vernal equinox to defend the verdant world. Gifted with foresight, he Teleports freely across the land to intercept and ambush trespassers. A ring of trees Sprout from the forest floor, trapping foes within its foliage. From the woods, he calls forth countless treants to act as sentient guardians. Channeling the goddess' fury, the Prophet strikes at every intruder in the land, bringing the Wrath of Nature down on all who would do harm to Verodicia's creation.|
- was called Force of Nature in DotA.
- In DotA, Nature's Prophet's name was Furion, a reference to Malfurion Stormrage from the Warcraft universe. His Dota 2 name had to be changed in order to avoid copyright issues with Blizzard. He is still called Furion by the majority of the player base and is referred to as "Furion" in the game files.
- Nature's Prophet was originally named "Tequoia" in Dota 2, but this was changed for unspecified reasons.
- "Nature's Profit" is a popular nickname for Nature's Prophet, due to his farming and splitpushing playstyle.
- Nature's Prophet's early lore concept made him the father of , and (similar to how he was in DotA), but this idea was later scrapped.
- Nature's Prophet's spawning response, Play "I speak for the trees." is a direct reference and homage to Dr. Seuss' The Lorax.
- One of Nature's Prophet's last hitting responses, Play "Green is good.", is a reference to "greed is good," a quote from the 1987 film Wall Street, as well as the Warcraft III cheat code of the same name.