|Hero||Strategy||Counters||Equipment||Gear||Responses||Sounds||Lore||Old Abilities||Changelogs||Known Bugs|
Slithice, the Naga Siren, is a melee agility hero who can be played both as a late-game carry and an early/mid-game support. Slithice is an item dependent hero yet with the right style and inventory choices she can overpower many other heroes that deal strong physical damage while casting her four active abilities to handle her enemies altogether and turn the tides. Mirror Image creates three illusions to wreak havoc upon her enemies. Ensnare is a very useful spell with several unique features. It not only holds an enemy in place, but also prevents them from blinking and going invisible. Even if the enemy is spell immune, Ensnare can still target the enemy unit. Rip Tide calls the forces of the seas, allowing the Siren and her illusions to unleash a wave of magical water to wash away foes and degrade their armor. The Song of the Siren is the ultimate ability for team battles; Naga Siren performs a mystical song to put her enemies to sleep in an area around her. Song of the Siren is her tool for initiation, as while her enemies are under her slumber her allies can come forth and prepare to unleash their attacks after the song wears off. Time is Naga's best friend, for as the game wears on, Slithice will gradually consume more and more of the map and engulf enemy towers and heroes like the rising tide itself.
|Slithice, the Naga Siren|
|Play "I sing the Siren song of war."|
|Lore:|| Among the high-sworn of the Slithereen Guard there is a solemn vow oft repeated before battle: No Slithereen may fail. In truth, these words are equal parts oath and enforceable covenant, for those who fall short of their duty are banished from the order. To fail is to be other than Slithereen.|
Once most highly esteemed of her race, Slithice for many years commanded a battalion of her fellows, using her formidable voice as her greatest weapon. Powerful, sinuous, serpentine, she led her deadly Guard in defense of the Deep Ones, and the great wealth of the sunken cities. But in the final battle of Crey, her forces were driven back by a marauding army of levianths intent on finding tribute for their god Maelrawn. After the long and bloody onslaught, as the bodies were cleared from the sunken halls, a single jeweled chalice was found missing from the trove. Of her hundred Guard, only a handful survived, but their bravery and sacrifice were of little consequence. What mattered was that treasure was taken. Honor destroyed. And so Naga Siren was cast out. Banished to search for the stolen chalice. Though she might add a hundred times her weight to the golden trove, she is doomed to live apart until that day she returns that which was taken. For no amount of gold is equal in honor to the honor she lost.
|Voice:||Linda K. Morris (Responses)|
- Mirror Image disjoints projectiles upon cast.
- Applies a basic dispel on Naga Siren upon cast.
- Resets all current attack and spell targeting orders from other units on Naga Siren.
- After the split time, Naga Siren reappears with her illusions.
- The reappear locations are based on Naga Siren's position upon cast, with one appearing at the cast location, and the others north, east, south or west from that point.
- This means when spawning 3 illusions, the formation is T-shaped and when spawning 4 illusions, it is shaped like a plus.
- The distance in between each is 72 range.
- Though the formation is always the same, Naga Siren and her illusions take a random position in the formation and have all the same facing angle.
- Recasting Mirror Image replaces the illusions from the previous cast, no matter under whose control they are.
- The net travels at a speed of 1500.
- Roots the target, preventing it from moving and casting certain mobility spells.
- All illusions owned by Naga Siren within 900 range of the target also cast a fake Ensnare.
- They play the whole cast animation and release their fake net at the same time the real net is released.
- When illusions currently are not having any order and are standing still, they turn to face the target and cast the fake net.
- When illusions are moving or attacking, they continue to do so and do not turn to face the target. They still play the cast animation, overriding their move or attack animations.
- When canceling the cast, the illusions still play the full cast animation, but do not release the fake net.
- The fake nets do not interact with anything and do not root.
- Rip Tide interrupts Naga Siren's channeling spells upon cast.
- All illusions owned by Naga Siren cast Rip Tide simultaneously, fully affecting units around them.
- However, a unit can only be hit once per Rip Tide cast, so when a unit is in range of multiple Rip Tides from one cast, it only takes damage from one.
- The damage source of the Rip Tide coming from an illusion is the illusion itself, meaning certain on-damage effects react on the illusion rather than on Naga Siren (e.g. Blade Mail).
- Illusions always cast their part, even when they are disabled.
- Applies a sleep on affected units, preventing them from acting, until woken up.
- Affected units are invulnerable while sleeping.
- The area of the song follows Naga Siren, so if she moves far enough away from affected units, they wake up.
- Song of the Siren cannot be interrupted. Only Naga Siren herself or her death can stop it.
- However, silencing Naga Siren prevents her from manually stopping the song.
- The sleep is provided by an aura. Its debuff lingers for 0.5 seconds.
- The heal from the Aghanim's Scepter upgrade is provided by an aura as well, which also lingers for 0.5 seconds.
- Heals in the form of health regeneration, so it heals for 1% of maximum health in 0.1-second intervals.
- Can heal up to 75% of a unit's maximum health if it stays within range for the full duration (song duration + buff linger time).
- The heal affects every ally. However, despite placing the buff on allied buildings, they do not get healed.
- Replaces Song of the Siren until the sub-spell is used or the song ends.
- Song of the Siren End interrupts Naga Siren's channeling spells on cast.
- Goes into a 1-second cooldown right after Song of the Siren is cast.
- Does not instantly wake affected enemies up. Instead, it removes the Song of the Siren aura which causes enemies to fall asleep, so the debuff still lingers for 0.5 seconds.
|-6 Rip Tide Armor||25||30% Evasion|
|+1 Mirror Image Illusion||20||-5s Ensnare Cooldown|
|+14 Strength||15||+15 Agility|
|+10% Mirror Image Damage||10||+25 Movement Speed|
- The evasion stacks multiplicatively with other sources of evasion.
- Tango provides needed health regeneration during the laning phase.
- Healing Salve also restores health early on.
- Stout Shield helps reduce the amount of damage she might take from harassment and creeps while laning.
- Ring of Aquila provides some attributes as well as a source of mana regeneration for her and her lane partner.
- Bottle helps with sustain and rune control when farming the mid lane.
- Boots of Speed provides movement speed so Naga Siren can walk to her farm.
- Boots of Travel makes Naga Siren an incredibly strong pusher and increases her farm speed.
- Radiance gives a lot of damage and the Radiance aura works on illusions, giving Naga Siren the ability to farm multiple areas of the map at the same time thanks to Mirror Image.
- Manta Style gives her good attribute bonuses as well as the ability to summon more illusions.
- Octarine Core reduces the cooldowns of Naga Siren's abilities, greatly improving her pushing power and making her much harder to gank. The Spell Lifesteal has little effect on her own abilities, but can be combined with Radiance to let her illusions shrug off damage from creeps.
- Quelling Blade grants bonus damage against creeps to secure last hits.
- Infused Raindrop gives good mana regeneration to keep using your abilities, and allows Naga Siren to survive some magical burst.
- Magic Wand provides attributes and burst of health and mana, a useful sustain item no matter the role of Naga Siren.
- Arcane Boots solve Naga Siren's early mana issues, and you can later disassemble it to recycle the Energy Booster into Octarine Core.
- Drum of Endurance gives solid overall attributes, some movement speed and attack speed in an aura and a strong active that gives even more attack and movement speed to Naga Siren and all allied heroes/illusions around her.
- Diffusal Blade gives her more damage, armor and attack speed, as well as Manabreak on attacks which greatly boosts damage output of her and her illusions.
- Heart of Tarrasque provides a large amount of health, tanking Naga Siren and her illusions up massively. It also provides enormous passive health regeneration while not fighting, so she can return to fights faster with full health.
- Butterfly offers bonus attack speed, damage, and armor, as well as evasion that gives more survivability to her and her illusions.
- Linken's Sphere provides good all around attributes as well as regeneration, which allows Naga Siren to stay farming without having to go back to base. On top of that, it provides a spellblock which can make Naga Siren harder to kill in conjunction with Song of the Siren.
- Aghanim's Scepter provides great heal to allied heroes during Song of the Siren, a terrific support item to boost team's survivability and turn around teamfights.
- The DotA Naga Siren from Warcraft universe sports the same weapons as Slithice, the only difference being that the DotA version had one weapon, and four arms, while the Dota 2 has two weapons and two arms.
- Song of the Siren's Play sound is based on this Play voice line of Naga Siren. Whether there is an extended version of that line or if the rest of the song was manually put together is unknown.