- stops Attribute Shift (Strength Gain) from recovering additional health, and using it will even bring Morphling closer to the shatter threshold.
- In lane, slows Morphling's already poor movement speed to a crawl; this, coupled with the amplification of magic damage, can set up an early kill on Morphling if Ancient Apparition has a suitable lane partner.
- 's bonus magic resistance causes the and Adaptive Strike combo to deal significantly less damage.
- Counterspell's active can reflect Ethereal Blast and Adaptive Strike combo back into Morphling, dealing significant damage or even killing him.
- combined with can quickly burn away Morphling's mana, leaving him unable to use his spells.
- Arc Warden can counter Morphling's strong pushing capabilities by using to protect buildings.
- Arc Warden also often builds an or , which can prove dangerous for Morphling.
- Arc Warden can easily break with and then slow him with , making Arc Warden's a legitimate threat as well.
- is not blocked by and can silence Morphling, preventing Morphling from using Waveform or Attribute Shift to escape from ganks.
- In addition, and provide a solid lockdown if used together.
- Most of Morphling's armor comes from his high agility and it is reduced by
- However, the aura has only 350 range and Elder Titan can be burst down by Morphling's nuke combo if he isn't careful.
- rapidly crushes Morphling's already low mana pool, making him unable to use Waveform or Adaptive Strike. Additionally, prevents these abilities as well.
- An and combo can burst an unwary Morphling down if he has his strength fully shifted to agility.
- disables Waveform, effectively keeping Morphling in place for an extended period of time, allowing Meepo to deal considerable damage with .
- 's long stun duration can prevent Morphling from casting his Waveform or Morph Replicate, making him unable to escape and easier to gank.
- also allows Mirana's team to surprise Morphling while he tries to push towers.
- Mirana usually buys to protect herself from single-target abilities, making Morphling's Adaptive Strike and harder to use on her.
- However, Mirana also provides a chance to become a good Morph target, allowing Morph to use to run away, if necessary.
- deals pure damage, effectively bypassing Morphling's high armor from Attribute Shift (Agility Gain) and Magic Resistance from Attribute Shift (Strength Gain) respectively.
- is more effective against a low health and mana pool Morphling, enabling Outworld Devourer to burst Morphling down before he can shift to Strength.
- Rubick's ability to steal Attribute Shift (Strength Gain) makes him extremely annoying to deal with because Rubick's shifted attributes will remain even if he steals a new spell.
- If Rubick moves enough points to strength and then steals Adaptive Strike, he will have a powerful 3-second range stun in his arsenal as well.
- Waveform provides a reliable nuke/escape to Rubick.
- 's low cooldown allows him to deal consistent damage to Morphling, and is a viable way to disable Linken's Sphere.
- prevents Morphling from using any of his skills, giving Skywrath and his team ample time to burst Morphling down.
- coupled with a stun/root can easily burst Morphling down, especially if he has more stats shifted to Agility.
- Alternatively, Morphling can use Morph to use Skywrath's own silence and nukes against him.
- Heroes with silencing abilities that are not blocked by Linken's Sphere, like 's , 's or 's .
- 's reduces Morphling's high base damage gained through agility shift.
- 's turns Morphling's high attack damage and attack speed against his targeted teammate.
- 's can finish off a low-health Morphling.
- Heroes with high damage output who can burst down Morphling before he has time to use Attribute Shift (Strength Gain), like and .
- and - both items can silence Morphling, preventing him from using his skills to survive and/or escape. The latter also amplifies physical damage Morphling takes.
- places an undispellable disarm on Morphling, forcing him to resort to his nukes to deal damage.
- reduces the strength Morphling gains using attribute shift by 60%.
- fully disables Morphling and allows the enemy team to burst him down.
- allow enemies to blink and disable Morphling before he can shift into strength: , , , , , , .
- Lifestealer is a great target for Morphling to use Morph, as he can use to gain spell immunity and an attack speed boost.
- Morphling can escape from using Waveform.
- Morphling is a typical carrier, which can be used to dispel the silence from .
- Morphling can easily kill Bloodseeker with and Adaptive Strike combo if either hero is under the effects of .
- Morphling can escape from with Waveform.
- Even if Morphling is trapped in , Morphling can use Attribute Shift (Strength Gain) to survive the duration.
- However, Morphling should be wary of using his combo on a Clockwerk with .
- Morphling can use Waveform to close the gap between him and Drow Ranger, but should be careful of and .
- Morphling is a natural Manta Style carrier, which dispels the silence from Gust.
- Morphling can ignore Spirit Bear and shorten the distance to Lone Druid with Waveform.
- Morphling can use his nukes to burst Lone Druid down, provided he is not rooted/disabled by Spirit Bear beforehand.
- Morphling can break with Waveform. Alternatively, Morphling can Morph into Razor and use the same ability against him.
- Morphling's high armor makes mostly ineffective, enabling Morphling to fight Razor for longer.
- Razor has no disables, enabling Morphling to avoid his abilities as needed.
- Morphling's high mobility allows him to easily get close to Sniper, who likes to keep his distance from enemies.
- Sniper's low health also makes him extremely vulnerable to Morphling's and Adaptive Strike combo.
- Almost any hero with little no disabling skills like are rendered useless against Morphling because of his high damaging abilities and combos.
Works well with...
- gives Morphling a great deal of additional attack speed, which pairs well with his high base damage.
- Having similar item builds, Morphling can be effective by morphing into Drow Ranger, with fast attacks, low consuming abilities, additional silencing skill and even abuse of Ethereal Blade in her form.
- gives Morphling a huge boost of damage during . This combo can be futher enhanced with an upgrade because of the lower manacost of abilities and improved cast range, not to mention the additional the team can utilize
- Morphling can help burst down enemies with magic damage by combining his own ethereal combo with Toss and Avalanche combo.
- Morph can be used on Tiny with talent, providing a multitude of possibilities. Two Toss / Avalanche provides more stun/burst damage, and two Tree Grab provide an amazing lane and tower pushing potential.
- works as a budget for Morphling to deal more magic damage, allowing Morphling to build other items instead.
- can be used defensively on Morphling while he's getting focused by physical damage, granting him enough time to shift its attributes to more strenght, in order to survive for longer
- can very quickly heal Morphling to full HP after morphing to full agility.
- With Aghanim's Scepter, Morphling can turn into Pugna, granting your team double Nether Ward.
- coupled with Waveform can net Morphling some easy kills in lane, giving him a gold advantage.
- helps alliviate Morphling's low mana pool, allowing him to use his skills more often.
- and combos well with Waveform, enabling him to get some kills in lane.
- provides Morphling with mana regeneration, allowing him to use his nukes more often.
- Heroes with burst magic damage will enjoy Morphling's : , ,
- Heroes with disables who can set up kills for Morphling: , , , , ,
- makes strong illusions of Morphling that usualy have high attributes. Morph can, in turn, Morph into and make another 2 copies of Morphling's copy, adding 2 illusions to the fray. Considering Morphling can also wield a , it's possible having a wave of 6 copies of Morphling plus the original. Good for pushing in late stages of the game.
- synergises perfectly with Morphling's .