- stops Attribute Shift (Strength Gain) from recovering additional health, and using it will even bring Morphling closer to the shatter threshold. In lane, slows Morphling's already poor movement speed to a crawl; this, coupled with the amplification of magic damage, can set up an early kill on Morphling if Ancient Apparition has a suitable lane partner.
- causes Morphling's into Adaptive Strike combo to deal significantly less damage. Additionally, his ability allows him to quickly reduce Morphling's mana to a low value, either removing him from a fight, or forcing him to Attribute Shift (Strength Gain) to survive.
- Arc Warden can counter Morphling's strong pushing capabilities by using to protect buildings. Arc Warden also often builds an or , which can prove dangerous for Morphling. Arc Warden can easily break with and then slow him with , making Arc Warden's a legitimate threat as well.
- is not blocked by and can silence Morphling, preventing Morphling from using Waveform or Attribute Shift to escape from ganks. In addition, and provide solid lockdown if used together.
- prevent Morphling from using Waveform.
- blocks Morphling's nuke combo plus Adaptive Strike.
- can be used to dodge Ethereal Blade, Adaptive Strike or even Waveform.
- Searing Chains, Flame Guard and deal heavy magical damage, which Morphling is exceptionally vulnerable to, and are not blocked by .
- On the other side, if Morph is available, you may as well use it to try and use Searing Chains on Ember, or use Flame Guard on yourself too, giving yourself some magical protection.
- Most of Morphling's armor comes from his high agility and it is reduced by .
- On the other hand, aura has only 350 range and Elder Titan can be burst down by Morphling's nuke combo.
- rapidly crushes Morphling's already low mana pool making him is unable to use Waveform or Adaptive Strike. Additionally, prevents these abilities as well. Finally, can catch an unwary Morphling off guard if he shifted strength to agility too much and lowered health pool.
- But if you Morph into him and preemptively advance, you can use Hex and Earth Spike to your advantage, before morphing back to finish him off.
- can control Morphling for extended periods in a teamfight, which cannot be removed by Waveform, allowing Meepo to deals lots of additional damage with .
- long duration stun can prevent Morphling from casting his Waveform or Morph Replicate, make him unable to escape and easier to gank.
- also allows Mirana's team to surprise Morphling while he tries to push towers.
- Mirana usually buys to protect herself from single-target abilities, making Morphling's Adaptive Strike and harder to use on her.
- However, Mirana also provides a chance to become a good Morph target, allowing Morph to use to run away, if necessary.
- deals much damage regardless of Morphling's high armor from Attribute Shift (Agility Gain).
- is more effective against low health pool and intelligence Morphling.
- Rubick's ability to steal Attribute Shift (Strength Gain) makes him extremely annoying to deal with because shifted attributes remain even if he steals a new spell. If Rubick moves enough points to strength and then steals Adaptive Strike, he will have a powerful 3-second range stun in his arsenal as well.
- He can easily remove Linken's Sphere with to then silence Morphling with , slow him with and follow up with , heavily abusing Morphling's weakness to magical burst damage.
- Another hero that can be easily dealt with if preemptively attacked after using Morph on him, so you can silence, slow and nuke him before morphing back.
- Heroes with silencing abilities that are not blocked by Linken's Sphere, like Puck ( ), Death Prophet ( ) or Silencer ( )
- ( )
- ( )
- ( )
- and - if silence placed before Morphling toggled strength gain and when not dispelled.
- can place 5.5 seconds undispellable disarm on Morphling; and Morphling is not a good carrier in general.
- - Reduces the strength Morphling gains using attribute shift by 70%.
- - enemies who can blink and disable Morphling somehow, like , , , , , , , .
- and - enemies who wield Skull Basher can proc bashes on Morph, disabling him and making him unable to toggle on and off the attribute shift. Abyssal Blade having an instant disable is also a threat. And heroes who have bashing capacities, , , , .
- Morphling can escape from using Waveform. can also be used to dispel the silence from .
- Morphling can easily kill Bloodseeker with his and Adaptive Strike combo if either hero is under the effects of .
- Morphling can easily escape from with Waveform.
- Even if trapped in , Morphling can use Attribute Shift (Strength Gain) to survive until they disappear.
- However, Morphling should be weary of using his combo on a Clockwerk protected by .
- Morphling can easily use Waveform to close the gap between him and Drow Ranger, but should be careful of her silence and movement slowing attacks.
- Morphling is a natural Manta Style carrier, which dispels the silence from Drow Ranger's gust.
- Morphling can ignore Spirit Bear and short the distance to Lone Druid.
- Just be sure that you can burst Lone Druid down, or the bear could root and disable Morphling.
- Morphling's high armor serves as a direct counter to Phantom Assassin, causing her attacks to do far less damage. She is also very vulnerable to burst damage, and can be brought down quickly using Morphling's and Adaptive Strike combo.
- is not effective against Morphling as he can break it with Waveform, or Morph into Razor and use the same ability against him. Also Morphling is natural carrier making it very hard for Razor to cast a link on him.
- Aside from that, Razor relies a lot around his ultimate and right clicking capabilities. Morph has very high armor, then he can sustain fighting Razor for longer, and Razor has no locking down abilities either, making it easy for Morph to avoid confrontation if needed.
- Morphling's high mobility means that he can easily get close to Sniper, who likes to keep his distance from enemies. Sniper's low health also makes him extremely vulnerable to getting quickly burst down by Morphling.
Works well with...
- gives Morphling a great deal of additional damage based on his high Agility values.
- Having similar item builds, Morph can be effective by impersonating Drow Ranger, with fast right-clicks, low consuming abilities, additional silencing skill and even abuse of Ethereal Blade in her form.
- Morphling can help burst down enemies with magic damage by combining his own ethereal combo with Tiny's Toss and Avalanche combo.
- Morph can be used on Tiny, after choosing the proper talent at Level 20, and gang up on buildings with . Two Tinies attacking towers and barracks are really devastating. Not to mention that you can Toss Tiny on opponents, who can Toss them back to you. And two Avalanches are also very handy.
- works as another ethereal form for Morphling to deal even more magic damage, or skip ethereal blade altogether.
- can very quickly heal Morphling to full HP after morphing to full agility.
- At level 20 Morphling can turn into Pugna, granting your team double Nether Ward.
- Heroes with burst magic damage will enjoy Morphling's : , , etc.
- Heroes with disables who provide Morphling with the chance to kill the target with right clicks: , , , , , .
- makes strong illusions of Morphling that usualy have high attributes. Morph can, in turn, Morph into and make another 2 copies of Morphling's copy, adding 2 illusions to the fray. Considering Morphling can also wield a , it's possible having a wave of 6 copies of Morphling plus the original. Good for pushing in late stages of the game.
- synergies perfectly with Morphling's .
- When the latent "Waveform Attacks Targets" is chosen (level 20), items such as or come in handy to fast clear creep waves or illusions, specially useful against heroes with many copies, like , , and , given that each affected target can proc its own chain lightning or critical. These items are even stronger, if the talent "2 Waveform Charges" is also chosen at level 25.