We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
|Said to be a tear from the lunar goddess Selemene.|
- Moon Shards do not stack in the inventory. Each bought instance requires its own slot.
- The attack speed from multiple instances fully stacks.
- Double clicking the item casts it on self.
- A hero cannot consume more than one Moon Shard.
- Once consumed the item remains factored into the hero's net worth and .
- Can target creep-heroes. as well, but not other
- Cannot target illusions and clones.
- Illusions and copy the Moon Shard buff, if the main hero has it.
- However, the buff is not copied by clones and clones.
- The vision bonus follows the same rules as Shade Sight.
- The vision bonus from consumption also stacks with Shade Sight.
- Applies its vision after any other vision changing effect.
- This means it works against , , and .
- Night vision bonuses from multiple shards do not stack.
- Although this ability is lost upon consuming the Moon Shard, the buff from consumption still grants half the bonus night vision.
- Moon Shard is generally purchased as a late game luxury item for carries that benefit from higher attack speed and night vision without taking an inventory slot.
- The item works very well with illusions especially with mana burn, critical hits and low base attack time.
- In games where a player finds themselves with more gold than they can spend, due to having all 6 item slots filled out, it may be worth considering purchasing a Moon Shard to consume immediately.
- It may be prudent for players to purchase the Moon Shard as their sixth item, to fill in an inventory slot and gain its full benefits while they farm a seventh item to replace Moon Shard, which only provides half the attack speed and night vision after consumption.
- In very extreme late-game scenarios, heroes that have nothing better to do with their gold should consider buying moonshards to give to their teammates.
- Prior to the July 14, 2017 Patch, Moon Shard's active ability, Consume, did not have an official name. The name was taken from the Dota 2 Wiki and officially implemented into Dota 2.