|Alternate IDs:||Moon, MoonS, MoonMeAndHer|
2014-05-01 — 2014-08-19
2014-08-19 — 2014-08-27
2014-08-27 — 2015-01-23
2015-05-07 — 2015-08-28
2015-08-28 — 2015-10-31
2015-10-31 — 2016-08-24
2016-08-25 — 2017-04-14
2017-04-14 — 2017-05-31
2017-05-31 — 2017-08-01
2017-09-13 — 2017-10-03
David "MoonMeander" Tan is a professional Dota 2 player from Canada who is currently teamless, known for his eccentric personality and stream.
Heroes of Newerth
MoonMeander is one of the most recognisable players from the Heroes of Newerth scene. MoonMeander's popularity rose because of his consistent streaming and affiliation with the arguably infamous Dotallyrad organization. MoonMeander was picked up by Tralfamadore to standin for team Trademark eSports at the upcoming NASL Season 2. The team ultimately took 3rd place at NASL, beating out Fnatic 2-1. Shortly after his strong debut at NASL, MoonMeander quickly transitioned from a pubstar to a mainstay of the competitive HoN scene. MoonMeander's signature aggression and go big or go home style of play continued to fuel his ever growing fan base. MoonMeander eventually joined compLexity Gaming's HoN squad and continued to perform at a high level in online and offline events. While dedicating the majority of his time to practice and competition, MoonMeander would still constantly stream for his fans. When the HoN competitive scene began to decline, MoonMeander decided to switch to Dota 2.
MoonMeander formed a team with former coL.HoN teammate Bkid and other past Heroes of Newerth players Bloody Nine, Ensoe and WwD. The team first played under the name Black Sheep, however later renamed themselves Dream Destroyers.
On August 19th 2014, MoonMeander left Dream Destroyers and joined stayGreen, replacing Chessie. On August 27th 2014, stayGreen was picked up by compLexity Gaming. On January 23rd 2015, MoonMeander left compLexity Gaming's Dota 2 squad citing that he "wasn't the right fit, both mentally and mechanically". However, MoonMeander rejoined compLexity Gaming's roster along with Zyzz and Fly on May 7th 2015. compLexity Gaming qualified for The International 2015 and placed 9th-12th at the main event. They were knocked out in the lower bracket round 2 by Virtus.pro, 1-2.
Post The International 2015, both MoonMeander and Fly parted ways with compLexity Gaming, joining Fly's former teammate N0tail, pubstar Miracle- and Danish competitive scene mainstay Cr1t- to form the team (monkey) Business.
On the 31st of October 2015, MoonMeander and his (monkey) Business teammates formed the organisation OG, bankrolled by Hitbox. Post-TI6 he decided to move to the North American dominant team by replaced ""Moo""
Digital Chaos & Thunderbirds
By replaced Moo by plus "n" after the former player name to form as Moon, he became the most excited move according to reddit.com. In April 14,2017 he became free agent and form the team name is
- Known for several sayings such as, "NEVA EVA", "Get on my level", "Big Play/s", "Small Son" and "What kind of steak do you want to be?".
- Known for making speeches, dancing and doing push-ups on his stream.
- In Heroes of Newerth, he was known for spamming chat macros ("dropping Gs" was the most infamous macro) after getting a kill/making a big play. These macros were widely adopted by the HoN community.
- In Heroes of Newerth, he was known for playing a variety of heroes such as Bubbles (Puck), Kraken, Soulstealer (Shadow Fiend), Drunken Master and Pharaoh (Clockwerk).
- 2016-06-12 | The Manila Major - Player Profiles: MoonMeander (OG) by PGL
- 2015-07-26 | TI5 Community Report: Hot_Bid and MoonMeander by Hot_Bid of Valve at The International 2015
- 2014 | The Dark Side of the Moonmeander by Will Partin of Evil Geniuses
- 2014 | MoonMeander Interview - #honstrats by Emeldavi of joinDota
Heroes of Newerth
- 2013 | DH Summer Qualifier Postgame Interview - [coL]Moonmeander by Honcast of twitch.tv
- 2013 | MoonMeander: Goal for DHW - DreamHon Championship by Sören "Fantasy44" V. of GosuGamers.net
- 2012 | Trademark eSports & Moonmeander Interview by Eizo Cup Stream of youtube.com