From Dota 2 Wiki
|A glowing jewel formed out of assorted parts that somehow fit together perfectly.|
- One Mekansm grants a total of 100 health, 4.3 health regeneration, 5.71 armor, 5 attack speed, 55 mana, 0.2 mana regeneration, 0.36% spell damage and 5 attack damage.
- Interrupts the user's channeling spells upon cast.
- Affects every allied unit, including illusions, invulnerable units and hidden units, excluding wards and buildings.
- Does not heal heroes that have been affected by Restore in the last 25 seconds, or by Guardian Greaves' Mend in the last 38 seconds.
- A status buff icon on affected units shows how much time is left for it to be able to get affected again.
- Necrophos is not highly dependent on items to deal damage, and Mekansm lets him survive longer to burn down enemy health with Heartstopper Aura
- Combined with Death Pulse, Mekansm gives Necrophos a strong burst heal.
- Ghost Shroud synergizes well with Mekansm, as it amplifies the heal, and also the passive regeneration of it. An early Mekansm can heal more than 50% of Necrophos' health when combined with Ghost Shroud and a single cast of Death Pulse.
- Mekansm is the first step to a Guardian Greaves for Dark Seer, who relies almost entire on his abilities for damage, and therefore builds nearly all defensive items.
- Tether doubles the healing for Io's allies.
- Support heroes generally pick up a Mekansm to sustain their team.
- Heroes who are not extremely item dependent can also opt for a Mekansm.
- If the player drops items which provides a large amount of health (e.g. Vanguard or Eye of Skadi), then uses Mekansm, and then picks up the dropped items again, the player will overall heal for more than 250 health. This is because upon dropping the health granting items, the player's maximum health drops while the current health percentage stays the same, but Mekansm still heals for the full amount. After picking up the items again, its maximum health raises, and its current health percentage stays the same.