|A glowing jewel formed out of assorted parts that somehow fit together perfectly.|
- Interrupts the user's channeling spells upon cast.
- Affects every allied unit, including illusions, invulnerable units and hidden units, excluding wards and buildings.
- Does not heal units that have been healed by Restore in the last 64 seconds, or by
in the last 39 seconds.
- A status buff icon on affected units shows how much time is left for it to be able to get affected again.
- The stack limit duration equals the cooldown (after all reductions), minus one.
- The duration is set upon cast and cannot be altered afterwards. Resetting the item's cooldown does not affect the stack limit duration.
- Necrophos is not highly dependent on items to deal damage, and Mekansm lets him survive longer to burn down enemy health with
- Combined with , Mekansm gives Necrophos a strong burst heal.
- synergizes well with Mekansm, as it amplifies the heal, and also the passive regeneration of it. An early Mekansm can heal more than 50% of Necrophos' health when combined with Ghost Shroud and a single cast of Death Pulse.
- Mekansm is the first step to a for Dark Seer, who relies almost entire on his abilities for damage, and therefore builds nearly all defensive items.
- doubles the healing for Io's allies.
- Support heroes generally pick up a Mekansm to sustain their team.
- Heroes who are not extremely item dependent can also opt for a Mekansm.
- If the player drops items which provides a large amount of health (e.g. or ), then uses Mekansm, and then picks up the dropped items again, the player will overall heal for more than 250 health. This is because upon dropping the health granting items, the player's maximum health drops while the current health percentage stays the same, but Mekansm still heals for the full amount. After picking up the items again, its maximum health raises, and its current health percentage stays the same.