Seasonal Rankings represent the level of skill a player achieves in a single season, as determined by their matchmaking rating and other hidden factors. It is only available for ranked matches. Medals are reset at the end of each six-month season. The previous season's medal is displayed next to the new medal for the next season.
Calculation (Read this first!)
- The exact calculation for earning medals is kept secret by Valve and may change over time.
- This page reflects rough estimates based on community observations.
- It is not unusual for your MMR to be a few hundred points from the MMR numbers listed below.
- MMR is not the only factor in determining medal rank.
- MMR will not always match their estimated medal.
- Some players may have medals far above their MMR because:
- Medals cannot decrease in rank even if they lose many games.
- The player may have multiple Steam accounts.
- The system remembers and judges player performance based on their peak skill level, not their current skill level. This is a common mechanism in competitive games used to combat smurfs and intentional derankers.
- Medals are earned based on the highest skill level obtained during the season and will not decrease for the remainder of the season.
- Both solo and party ranked MMR is considered when determining medal ranks. Solo MMR plays a larger role.
- Please discuss any proposed changes on the talk page.
- As of now, season two's MMR estimates are highly speculative. Please add your input on our talk page.
- Players who make it onto the regional Leaderboards will earn Immortal medals, with their rank displayed beneath the medal.
- All Immortal medals have a sparkling particle effect in-game.
|Season 1||2017/11/22 – 2018/06/05|
|Season 2||2018/06-06 – 20??/??/??|
- Season one ended.
- Season two starts.
- Added new medals for leaderboards.
- Changed rankings from 0–5 stars to 1–5 stars.
- Player activity feed now displays when a medal is earned.
- Ancient ranks can now be earned through party matchmaking.
- Updated icons.
- Added top rankings icons.
- Feature added.