From Dota 2 Wiki
Seasonal Rankings represent the level of skill a player achieves in a single season, as determined by their matchmaking rating and other hidden factors. It is only available for ranked matches. Rankings reset at the end of each six-month season.
- Each medal ranking is divided into six tiers, from zero to five stars.
- Medals are earned based on the highest skill level obtained during the season. A medal cannot decrease in rank.
- Medals are retired at the end of each season and displayed next to the new medal for the next season.
- Medals are visible to all players.
- Both solo and party ranked MMR is considered when determining medal ranks.
- Solo MMR plays a larger role.
- Divine ranks can only be earned through solo MMR.
- Players who achieve five-stars on Divine rank will have their medal displayed on the leaderboards, and their leaderboard ranking displayed in-game underneath the medal.
- The MMR rankings below are rough estimations. MMR is not the only factor in determining medal rank. Please discuss any proposed changes on the talk page.
- Players who make it onto the regional Leaderboards will earn special five-star Divine medals.
|Divine 5 Stars|
|Listed on Leaderboards||Top 100 on Leaderboards||Top 10 on Leaderboards|
|-||Gold rank number||Gold rank number + Particle effect|