Mask of Madness
|Mask of Madness|
|Once this mask is worn, its bearer becomes an uncontrollable aggressive force.|
- Does not interrupt the user's channeling spells upon cast.
- Once he jumps in with and places , Void can activate Berserk to increase damage output.
- Berserk combined with allows Luna to deal incredible damage across multiple enemies.
- The silence is negligible as Luna can open a fight with , and not being able to cast is only a minor inconvenience later on.
- The attack speed increases the chances of triggering, allowing Sniper to deal more damage per second while keeping enemies at a distance.
- Sniper's long attack range from and the slows from both and make it harder for enemies to get close to him, making the reduced armor less of an issue.
- After using , , and , Sven has very high armor and does not need to cast more spells, allowing him to kill enemies easily with high damage and attack speed.
- Slardar can utilize this item by using on an enemy, activating Berserk and applying repeatedly, bashing the enemy almost right after the stun from the last bash is just finished.
- The lifesteal along with the helps slardar keep alive during situations where he's facing a hard hitting carry by himself.
- Berserk provides Terrorblade with a significant boost to pushing and farming speed. It can also be used in fights, but is slightly risky as it prevents the use of .
- The debuff does little to inconvenience Terrorblade as he has high armor and can use and beforehand.
- The attack speed allows Ursa to quickly apply stacks to the enemy while is not active, as well as increasing his farming speed.
- The damage reduction from , as well as Ursa's high Strength and overall tankiness, help Ursa mitigate the armor reduction.
- Mask of Madness provides bonus lifesteal on top of , and Berserk provides a significant increase to damage and movement speed.
- The debuff is negligible on Wraith King due to his tankiness and , and he can cast before using Berserk.
- Mask of Madness is the most cost-effective DPS and Attack Speed item in the game, costing only 14.79 gold per point of attack speed. The second best DPS item is the for an agility hero.
- Use your abilities before activating the Mask of Madness, particularly if you have a disable such as a stun.
- The active is extremely useful while farming. Taking more physical damage is negligible when simply running between lanes or hitting lane or jungle creeps, especially when the item itself provides sustain by its lifesteal.
- Mask of Madness can be disassembled in later stages of the game to help a hero build a , an or an from the Quarterstaff and a or a from the Morbid Mask.
- : the critical attacks will allow to lifesteal especially against damage block and evasion. It will silence your enemy from disabling you. Alternatively a can be purchased if the enemy can dispel or block the debuff.
- : will add attack speed with pure damage and accuracy ideal against evasion and highly armored enemies.
- : can negate MoM's armor reduction and MoM's lifesteal will negate health drain of Armlet for Strength heroes. It will also increases temporally your EHP.
- : with an agility hero to burn mana quickly with the massive attack speed bonus granted by the Berserk. You can lifesteal from Manabreak. The Diffusal Blade's active can also apply a 100% movement slow.
- : will cast the static lightning very often, it is useful against illusions, for pushing and farming.
- : it will increase a lot your mobility and prevent you from being kitted by the enemies.
- Bash. The movement speed allows you to chase and the bash prevents your prey from hitting you back effectively. The Abyssal Blade will increase your survivability with damage block. : the high attack speed of the Mask of Madness synergize with the chance based
- : will protect you from being focused while the Mask of Madness is active.
- : the active of the buckler restores the 7 armor lost. Can be upgraded into a or .
- : it allows you to move at or close to the maximum movement speed. Activate the Mask of Madness before going invisible. It can also be used to escape.
- : protects you from disablers and nukes.
- : will return the damage you take, the armor reduction debuff will make you return more damage than you take.
- : will disarm your enemy, can disarm for 5 seconds a ranged hero (3 seconds against a melee).
- : will make the enemy unable to attack for 3.5 seconds, escaping and using a Black King Bar.
- : the damage block is efficient against the low damage of the Mask of Madness.
- or : will slow your enemy, it's more effective to get it on a ranged hero against a melee hero.
- : the root is powerful against a melee hero.
- : disable an enemy and allow you to escape.
- , , and : can be used to outrange an enemy.