Mask of Madness
From Dota 2 Wiki
| Mask of Madness|
|Once this mask is worn, its bearer becomes an uncontrollable aggressive force.|
- Does not interrupt the user's channeling spells upon cast.
Recommended heroesFaceless Void
- Once he jumps in with Time Walk and places Chronosphere, Void can activate Berserk to increase damage output.
- Berserk combined with Moon Glaive allows Luna to deal incredible damage across multiple enemies.
- The silence is negligible as Luna can open a fight with Eclipse, and not being able to cast Lucent Beam is only a minor inconvenience later on.
- The attack speed increases the chances of Headshot triggering, allowing Sniper to deal more damage per second while keeping enemies at a distance.
- Sniper's long attack range from Take Aim and the slows from both Headshot and Shrapnel make it harder for enemies to get close to him, making the reduced armor less of an issue.
- After using Storm Hammer, Warcry, and God's Strength, Sven has very high armor and does not need to cast more spells, allowing him to kill enemies easily with high damage and attack speed.
- Berserk provides Terrorblade with a significant boost to pushing and farming speed. It can also be used in fights, but is slightly risky as it prevents the use of Sunder.
- The debuff does little to inconvenience Terrorblade as he has high armor and can use Conjure Image and Metamorphosis beforehand.
- The attack speed allows Ursa to quickly apply Fury Swipes stacks to the enemy while Overpower is not active, as well as increasing his farming speed.
- The damage reduction from Enrage, as well as Ursa's high Strength and overall tankiness, help Ursa mitigate the armor reduction.
- Mask of Madness provides bonus lifesteal on top of Vampiric Aura, and Berserk provides a significant increase to damage and movement speed.
- The debuff is negligible on Wraith King due to his tankiness and Reincarnation, and he can cast Wraithfire Blast before using Berserk.
- Mask of Madness is the most cost-effective DPS and Attack Speed item in the game, costing only 17.95 gold per point of attack speed. The second best DPS item is the Diffusal Blade for an agility hero then a Maelstrom.
- Use your abilities before activating the Mask of Madness, particularly if you have a disable such as a stun.
- The active is extremely useful while farming. Taking more physical damage is negligible when simply running between lanes or hitting lane or jungle creeps, especially when the item itself provides sustain by its lifesteal.
- Mask of Madness can be disassembled in later stages of the game to help a hero build a Butterfly, an Echo Sabre or an Orchid Malevolence from the Quarterstaff and a Vladmir's Offering or a Satanic from the Morbid Mask.
- Armlet of Mordiggian: can negate MoM's armor reduction and MoM's lifesteal will negate health drain of Armlet.
- Skull Basher: the high attack speed of the mask of madness synergize with the chance based Bash. The movement speed allows you to chase and the bash prevents your prey from hitting you back effectively.
- Blade Mail: will protect you from being focused while the Mask of Madness is active.
- Diffusal Blade: with an Agility hero to burn mana quickly with the 120 attack speed granted by the Mask of Madness. You can lifesteal from Manabreak. The Diffusal Blade's active Purge can also apply a 100% movement slow.
- Bloodthorn: will make all your attack crits allowing you to deal a lot more damage and lifesteal quickly and also will silence your enemy from disabling you.
- Shadow Blade: it allows you to move at or close to the maximum movement speed. Activate the Mask of Madness before going invisible. It can also be used to escape.
- Silver Edge: can reduce your enemy's damage output, making the negative armor debuff less threatening. You can increase your movement speed if you activate your mask of madness before getting invisible.
- Black King Bar: protects you from disablers and nukes.
- Blade Mail: will return the damage you take, the armor reduction debuff will make you return more damage than you take.
- Heaven's Halberd: will disarm your enemy, can disarm for 5 seconds a ranged hero (3 seconds against a melee).
- Scythe of Vyse: will make the enemy unable to attack for 3 seconds, escaping and using a Black King Bar.
- Eye of Skadi: will slow your enemy, it's more effective to get it on a ranged hero against a melee hero.
- Rod of Atos: the root is powerful against a melee hero.
- Eul's Scepter of Divinity: disable an enemy and allow you to escape.
- Dragon Lance, Aether Lens and Dagon: can be used to outrange an enemy.