|Other Lore:||Stygian Conquests|
- Mars has disowned his heritage in his quest to create a new empire. He has an old name given to him by his father, which he has discarded.
- Mars receives, and demands sacrifices be made to him.
- Mars once killed one of his tutors, whom he likens to Rubick.
Mars has fought in countless wars, including the Stygian Conquests, the Wightfall Invasion and caimpaigns against The Continuum. He fought against a mysterious figure named Sheragndar, and was responsible for creating Quoidge as a result of his wars.
The Ash Legion
The Ash Legion, a group of supreme warriors who found thrill in combat, was slain by Mars after challenging the god to a fight. Their undead bodies now rise willingly at Mars' command, forming an Arena of Blood in which combatants can fight without interference.
One of Mars' exploits involved helping a village defeat a witch, who was possessing and turning the villagers against one another. After the villagers sacrificed their last bull to Mars, he took up arms to storm the witch's fortress, killing her converted minions, and eventually slew the witch herself. The villagers returned to normal after this, and Mars expects that they rejoiced greatly with songs dedicated to Mars.
Mars mentions several other gods of the Greek pantheon. His father is Zeus, his mother is Hera, his uncles are Poseidon and Hades. He also makes reference to Vulcan, the god of fire and blacksmithing who forged his spear.
- Mars response: ▶️ I disown my heritage, and vow that the flight of my spear will never again be so petty.
- Mars response: ▶️ I don't answer to that name anymore, you old fool.
- Mars response: ▶️ The requisite sacrifices may be lacking, but I find the competition intriguing for once...
- Mars response: ▶️ You remind me of a tutor I once killed.
- Mars response: ▶️ Where have all the good wars gone? The Stygian Conquests, the Wightfall Invasion... the centuries-long campaigns against the the forces of the Continuum... Battles that mattered, had consequence. In the final push against Sheragndar, I didn't halt the song of my spear for the full cycle of an Ultorian moon. The bodies in my wake, enough to fill mortal worlds! Hmmmm. It's not like today. Today's war is...tedium. The same fight in a different trench. Each stake smaller than the last. But there's a great war left out there somewhere... I'll do whatever it takes to find it.
- Mars response: ▶️ You know, Quoidge wouldn't even exist without me.
- Arena of Blood description.
- Mars response: ▶️ The villagers sacrificed their last bull. Obviously, I felt compelled to help them. Damn the costs! But the witch's magic claimed more and more of the simple folk, turning them against their kin ? against even me! I slew scores of them to reach the hag's stronghold. But, once I took her head, every single possessed villager who was still alive returned mostly to normal. Yes, I expect there was much rejoicing as the families collected their dead... And songs in my name. What a sight!
- Mars response: ▶️ Say hello to my uncle!
- Mars response: ▶️ Thank Vulcan!
- Spear of Mars description.
- Mars response: ▶️ I didn't come here to exchange pleasantries. It's time for you to die!
- Mars response: ▶️ I hate lightning!
- Mars response: ▶️ This is going to be fun. Oh, and when we're done here, tell the Flayed Twins I'm coming for them. Happy hunting!
- Mars response: ▶️ Your mistress is next.
- Mars response: ▶️ I had no quarrel with your worthless god...only with you!
- Mars response: ▶️ My oldest friend... You've helped me through some dark times.
- Mars response: ▶️ Now to harvest the eggs!