|is an egotistical God who is amazing at breaking up teamfights in his advantage and trapping enemies within his multiple stuns and slows. While he lacks any mobility skills, he can throw the to impale and stun targets at range which also makes a great defensive option. He can use to farm very fast while dishing out area of effect damage while giving enemies a mild slow. His large shield serves as against frontal and side attacks, and can be used to bash enemies into terrain. The creates an impassable circle that prevents enemies from entering or leaving, and when an enemy is speared into its walls does a huge amount of over time damage. Overall, Mars is a strong laner capable of surviving even the hardest of matchups while pushing and dealing consistent damage to enemies.|
- No matter how you are playing Mars, Arena Of Blood is your most powerful presence and you should be looking to fight with it. Which is why maxing Spear of Mars is a very good idea in the majority of situations.
- This role requires Mars to build , so he can initiate fights by jumping in and using Arena of Blood.
- In the early and mid game, he can set up ganks with Arena Of Blood and deal burst damage with Spear of Mars and God's Rebuke. After successfully initiating a teamfight, Mars can push waves easily with his God's Rebuke.
- Building tanky items/auras such as , , is very common to help sustain your team since you will be in the center of the fight.
- Mars is very weak to magical damage, so a may be a good idea.
- Mars as a carry is focused around last hitting effectively and being a threat in lane with Spear of Mars, which is your best laning ability. This way of playing Mars is not very common anymore since you will have much more impact shutting down an enemy carry than an opposing Offlaner.
- Items such as , , , are very common for a carry Mars.
|Grants Team +80 HP Regen||25||+65% Crit|
|+6 Armor||15||+20 Movement Speed|
Tips & Tactics
- Mars is very strong at killing heroes early with Spear of Mars and Arena of Blood, keep an eye on how often you are using these spells for kill attempts.
- Push a lot of waves with Mars with a Soul Ring, you will get a huge amount of farm.
- Mars is best served in the Offlane, you don't want to teleport away unless the enemy team is diving your team and you can get a decent Arena of Blood out.
- Since most of the spells of Mars have low cast point yet high cast backswing it is advisable to use stop command and issue next command right away to deal as much damage in a short amount of time.
- It's important to note that Mars is a very strong pusher and early game fighter.
- Most the time, your passive will stay at level 1 until much later in the game. So it may be a good idea to play cautiously in the early game.
- Spear of Mars is Mars' best ability, however, it does require practice to hit on a consistent basis.
- Use Spear of Mars inside Arena Of Blood to push enemies into the undead warriors to stun and repeatedly damage them.
- Use Spear of Mars to save allies by pushing back attackers.
- Use Spears of Mars to hit invisible heroes. Stunning an invisible hero will reveal them briefly.
- Spear of Mars can stun enemies hiding closely behind buildings. Throw the spear when there is a building right next to the enemy hero, and in between Mars and the enemy hero.
- Spear of Mars is great for securing the first bounty runes when timed right.
- Spear of Mars is a difficult ability to use due to the spear's slow travel time and conditional stun. Good practice and prediction is mandatory in order to stun enemy heroes with it.
- God's Rebuke works with attack modifiers.
- Build lifesteal items to heal Mars quickly in fights.
- Build to apply the armor reduction debuff to multiple enemies at once.
- Build or for Static Charge active effect.
- Build to apply the extra damage to all targets.
- Build to apply movement slow and attack speed slow to all targets.
- God's Rebuke's critical damage does not stack with items like .
- Use God's Rebuke to position enemies for a stun with Spear of Mars.
- Slow from God's Rebuke also allows Mars to hit Spear of Mars more reliably.
- Use God's Rebuke inside Arena Of Blood to push enemies into the undead warriors.
- Since God's Rebuke overrides the knockback effect of Spear of Mars, it can be used right after Spear of Mars if the target would not be stunned or would be knocked away from allies.
- Face a melee attacker to tank and stall while teammates arrive.
- Bulwark only blocks attack damage, leaving Mars vulnerable to spell damage, including physical spell damage.
- Arena Of Blood can be used defensively to block enemies attempting to chase Mars.
- However, units that are spell immune can move through Arena Of Blood.
- Use Arena Of Blood to block tower and fountain attacks when diving.
- Use Arena Of Blood to quickly dispose of squishy heroes.
- Can separate fights in Mars' favor.
- Many abilities cannot go through Blood of Arena. However, abilities that are considered flying can go over it without being knocked back and damaged.
- Spear of Mars can push enemies over the Arena if coupled with an ability that launches them into the air, such as , , , , , etc
- Abilities can still be cast in Blood of Arena, so be careful who you are trapping inside it as they may force you to run out.
- Right clicks do not work from the outside, so you are safe from ranged right clicking heroes for the duration.
- As the abilities' unpassable terrain blocks the fountains projectiles it can be used to farm kills in the enemy fountain.
- 's health regeneraion helps Mars stay in lane.
- also restores health to Mars.
- restores mana so Mars can keep nuking his enemies.
- allows Mars to keep use Spear of Mars and God's Rebuke.
- 's allow you to sustain your mana pool and farm at a much faster speed than most heroes.
- help Mars get into position to use his abilities.
- provides burst health and mana restoration to keep Mars fighting.
- is situationally good which gives Mars some magic resistance early on and some stats.
- gives armor which Mars is lacking and allows him to move around the map faster.
- , upgraded from , provides additional attributes.
- positions Mars to land stuns with Spear of Mars, and to initiate with Arena Of Blood.
- allows Mars to fight early with his team and some sustain when farming lanes, as he can do it much quicker than most heroes as tanky as him.
- allows Mars to take towers quickly during the mid game which is where he is strong.
- spell immunity which may be required if the other team has a lot of stuns and can stop you from being effective and disruptive. grants
- allows Mars to stop a hero from attacking who may have some form of break or spell immunity (if he can use it before them).
- magic resistance allows Mars to stay alive against magical nukes. 's
- will make Mars a hard target to kill from physical attacks when the enemies are not attacking Mars from the front.
- is very strong againts multiple physical damage dealers and can help your team push.