From Dota 2 Wiki
| Magic Wand|
|A simple wand used to channel magic energies, it is favored by apprentice wizards and great warlocks alike.|
- For strength heroes, it grants 67.5 health, 2.06% health regen amplification, 0.3% magic resistance, 0.48 armor, 3 attack speed, 0.15% movement speed, 36 mana, 5.4% mana regen amplification, 0.21% spell damage and 3 attack damage.
- For agility heroes, it grants 54 health, 1.65% health regen amplification, 0.24% magic resistance, 0.6 armor, 3.75 attack speed, 0.19% movement speed, 36 mana, 5.4% mana regen amplification, 0.21% spell damage and 3 attack damage.
- For intelligence heroes, it grants 54 health, 1.65% health regen amplification, 0.24% magic resistance, 0.48 armor, 3 attack speed, 0.15% movement speed, 45 mana, 6.75% mana regen amplification, 0.27% spell damage and 3 attack damage.
- Interrupts the user's channeling spells upon cast.
- Gains 1 charge whenever a visible enemy unit, including neutral creeps, uses an ability within the radius.
- Passively triggered spells (e.g. , , , ) do not add charges.
- When an enemy casts a spell out of the invisibility from the Invisibility Rune, , , , or , it does not give a charge.
- Shares cooldown with .
- When having multiple Magic Wands or Magic Sticks in the inventory, the oldest one gains charges first. If it is full, the second oldest one starts to gain charges.
- Upon upgrading a Magic Stick into a Magic Wand, all its current charges are carried over.
- Fragile support heroes who purchased a
- Roaming gankers who provoke a lot of nearby spellcasting gain a lot of early charges, quickly filling up the Magic Wand.
- Heroes with a higher than average Armor or Magic Resistance benefit more than most from a reusable burst heal.
- is a notably strong Magic Wand user, as her mana can be used as effective HP, and if she runs out of mana, Magic Wand can be used to restore enough mana to cast Mystic Snake, gaining further mana.
- Magic Wand allows you to get a quick burst of healing in dire situations, or to use one last ability in a fight. Even during the midgame, when the boost is less noticeable, a Magic Wand can still save your life if you are in danger.
- The Magic Wand makes an excellent item against heroes that spam abilities while in the lane, as the charges can help to mitigate damage you take, or to cast more of your own abilities. It is very versatile, and never a bad item to have.
- In addition, the es needed to build the Magic Wand are common to buy early on in the game, giving a suitable route of making a cost effective build, and emptying up the inventory space without having to sell items.
- If you are going to a side lane and suspect that a wand might be worth buying, it can be worth investing gold in the mango and branches at the start of the match. If the lane favors getting a wand you can complete it in the side shop, and if not the branches can be used to complete one of the many other items which can be built with the them and the mango can prove useful as a consumable.