- can keep Lycan in place during his Shapeshift even through .
- summons. is very effective against Lycan because of his
- will prevent Lycan from running away with Shapeshift when he drops low.
- allows Beastmaster to keep Lycan in place after he used his Shapeshift.
- completely negates Lycan's high mobility.
- All Lycan's summons are good source of heal with .
- can be used to kill Lycan's summons.
- allows him to stay alive against Lycan.
- completely negates all of Lycans damage since Lycan is all physical damage.
- is a real problem for Lycan, as even a Monkey King Bar will not prevent his summons from missing.
- will kill Lycan's summons very fast.
- will allow Sven and his allies to tank Lycan's damage, which is only physical.
- will damage and stun Lycan's as well as his summons.
- All of Timbersaw's spells deal AoE damage, killing Lycans summons very fast.
- will gain stacks fast because of Lycans summons.
- will prevent you from running away with your ultimate.
- can be used to initiate on you from far away, leaving you unprepared.
- disarm and root that pierces spell immunity, causing troubles to Lycan. You will find yourself in need of an ally dispel or forced to pop for its dispel. grants protection against his attacks with and his ultimate, is a massive AoE
- splash damage can cause The Werewolf to struggle taking him down. 's insane high armor and
- blind, which causes the Lycan to miss its attacks, plus his will work well against your high movement speed while Shapeshifted has a
- 's prevents the user from taking physical damage. Lycan is 100% of a physical dealer.
is rather efficient against Lycan, as he lacks disables to stop a teleporting Hero from escaping.
- Or if he is Split-Pushing a lane, this might make him turn around. If not, stay in alert as he might dive.
- is a good counter to attacks, and Lycan heavily relies on them.
- return might cause the Lycan to stop attacking his victim. If not, Lycan will take loads of returned damage.
- , prevents the user from taking physical damage. Lycan is 100% of a physical dealer.
- limits Lycan's mobility during his ultimate.
- is made entirely of slows, which Lycan doesn't care when he Shapeshifts.
- has no in-built escape, being a good target for Lycan.
- Not only sending wolves to defuse tankiness. , he can catch up Techies and kill him before suicide. Even if the suicide is successful, Lycan can still survive because of his
- Arc Warden without miss. is useless for melee heroes so Lycan can attack
- slow immunity and because he is never alone. doesn't affect Lycan that much, because Shapeshift grants
- Has been called, Lycan can kill Arc Warden before the double has expired.
- The Wolves speedy saute causes the Drow push back to be noneffective.
- She lacks escapes and is kinda fragile when someone is near her. Lycan takes advantage of these weaknesses.
- Lycan's ultimate makes him immune to slows from 's as well as allowing him to outmaneuver during . Lycan can also easily chase down while shapeshifted, should try to flee.
- You can easily flay a squishy , due to your high movement speed and his lack of escape.
- Once you get a , squishy spellcasters like , and others will be probably easy to deal with.
- Heroes with low armor and little mobility, like , , etc. will also have calamitous fate.
Works well with...
- His also work on Lycan's own minions.
- His own summons benefit from Lycan's Howl.
- Howl increases the damage of 's spiderlings, increasing her pushing power.
- Because is not typically played in the jungle, she will not impede on Lycan's farm.
- Since Howl is a global ability, Lycan can push one lane while pushes another and both will benefit from howl.
- Creeps enchanted with benefit from Howl.
- Plenty of those creeps provide auras that strengthen Lycan and his minions.
- Lycan is a notable solo-pusher. If he over-stayed his welcome in the enemy's base, perhaps he can be kept alive with .
- Nature's Prophet has great synergy with Lycan, for several reasons. Howl can drastically increase the damage output of his treants, making your pushes that much deadlier.
- Nature's Prophet is (like Lycan) a jungling and laning hero, so his absence while fighting Roshan is not a great concern for his teammates. Finally, the Prophet's ability to teleport directly into Roshan's pit is also useful for avoiding enemy wards (using in Roshan's Pit with is advised, however, in order to remain undetected by said wards).
- Perhaps your allies don't have any summons, but maybe they'll bring one in through purchase of a . You might as well do it.
- 's grealty amplifies the damage the enemies take from physical damage. Lycan is 100% of a physical dealer.