|Selemene to cover the battlefield in an , striking down large numbers of enemies at once. Being a purely offensive hero, Luna suffers from a lack of defensive abilities, and will struggle against carries that are geared towards one-on-one combat.is a highly offensive carry who can demolish buildings and clear the battlefield in very little time. Along with her flying , Luna can call upon the goddess|
|+0.2sLucent Ministun||25||30% Lifesteal|
|+100Damage||20||+8 All Stats|
|+25 Movement Speed||15||-3.5sCooldown|
|+350 Cast Range||10||+15 Attack Speed|
Tips & Tactics
- Because Luna has no means of escaping ganks, she is usually played in the safe lane, with a support. Her Lunar Blessing increases the attack damage from ally supports, making lane harassment easier.
- Luna can have significant killing power by leveling up Lucent Beam to enhance Eclipse.
- Luna is an extremely potent pusher, especially when attacking barracks, as her Moon Glaives will bounce between multiple buildings with each attack.
- Because of this, Luna should be present when the team is taking down towers.
- Any source of lifesteal greatly boosts Luna's survivability in the late game.
- Creep stacking is very useful for Luna. Ask an ally to start stacking for you early on.
- Luna is adept at both stacking and clearing ancient camps, an early level in her passive can make her a formidable last-hitter.
- As Luna relies heavily on base movement speed for mobility, try to let your team's tank absorb the enemy's disables before charging in.
- Luna is very good at finding enemy junglers and making their forest a dangerous place, especially at night.
- Luna excels in intercepting channeling abilities and items, such as , , and .
- Tips needed.
- Lucent Beam's cast range is gigantic. Use it to pick off fleeing heroes.
- Lucent Beam mini-stuns. Use to interrupt teleporting and channeling heroes.
- Lucent Beam has a low cooldown, but should not be spammed too often due to Luna's mediocre mana pool.
- From level 2 on, Lucent Beam can be used effectively to harass enemies out of the lane. Build a or to obtain some form of mana regen in lane.
- Use Lucent Beam after Eclipse to keep the target inside Eclipse's radius a little longer.
- Lucent Beam is good for last-hitting when you can't/don't want to get near a creep. This is especially true when contesting a big jungle creep with an opponent.
- Early points in Moon Glaives will push the lane, and is usually not recommended until laning phase has concluded.
- Moon Glaives is the ability that allows Luna to clear creeps and demolish buildings extremely quickly.
- Moon Glaives has no effect on lone enemies, so try to keep all neutrals and lane creeps at roughly the same HP level when farming.
- Occasionally can be used to attack targets far away, for example strike one last time to a fleeing enemy by attacking a tower.
- A point or two in Lunar Blessing helps Luna score last hits, especially at level 1.
- Lunar Blessing's damage bonus makes a big difference in the early game, when a few attacks from Luna's teammates can kill a weaker enemy.
- Put at least one point in Lunar Blessing before the first night, as it will provide Luna with its bonus night vision.
- Late game, the percent based damage buff scales with your entire team.
- Eclipse has a very long cooldown. Use wisely.
- Always underestimate, not overestimate Eclipse's range.
- Eclipse is most powerful in the early to mid game, and should be taken advantage of.
- Because of this, Eclipse can be considered an early game ganking ability.
- Use Eclipse near a single enemy to deal heavy damage.
- A level one Eclipse will usually kill a solitary target during the early game.
- If an enemy teleports in to defend a tower, use Eclipse next to them to hit them with the maximum number of strikes. This will often kill a defender.
- While a full Eclipse deals tremendous damage, experienced enemies will usually save their escape mechanisms precisely to avoid this. So try to bait them to use it offensively.
- Disables, slows, , and movement abilities like will allow enemies to move out of Eclipse's range.
- In the late game, Eclipse deals less damage, as many heroes will have .
- Use Eclipse in narrow or confined spaces to make sure enemies don't move out of its radius.
- With , Eclipse has an enormous cast range and can be cast on the ground or an ally unit.
- Use upgraded Eclipse on your team's initiator to deal more damage. This keeps Luna out of harm's way while still doing damage with Eclipse. Note that Eclipse ends when the targeted ally dies in this case.
- Use upgraded Eclipse on the ground in front of allied towers to defend the tower, or behind enemy towers while pushing.
- Use upgraded Eclipse on an invisible ally and let them wreak havoc for you, while you farm.
- gives some good starting attributes and can be built into later.
- gives good starting attributes and builds into .
- gives Luna some starting health regeneration, allowing her to trade hits with enemies in lane.
- allows Luna regenerate almost her entire health pool in the early game.
- is good on most heroes in order to get some bonus burst health as well as bonus stats.
- are core on any hero for extra move speed in order to chase and to escape.
- is helpful to quickly enter fights from across the map. Luna is one of the carries that can turn the tide of battle thanks to Eclipse.
- increase attributes and attack speed to increase Luna's damage output.
- is among the most cost-effective items in the game, providing strength and agility at a reasonable price. The range increase is particularly nice on Luna since her own range is poor and she has no mobility tools to help her get in reach of enemies except her high movement speed. The item is also useful for early-mid game pushing and fighting.
- is the core item in most games on Luna giving her damage, health, and bonus move speed. Since 's illusions obtain Moon Glaives passive, they are useful for pushing and increasing damage output.
- helps Luna farm neutral and lane creeps with increased movement speed, attack speed, and lifesteal. Disassemble in the late game to build Butterfly and Satanic.
- improves Luna's survivability with spell immunity, countering enemy disables, and strength.
- offers a great mixture of heavy damage and survivability, giving Luna bonus attack speed, damage, armor, and evasion.
- gives Luna some much-needed survivability, offering Luna a burst heal to live through immense amounts of damage in fights.
- synergizes with Lunar Blessing and gives opportunity to dominate Alpha Wolf to increase damage even more
- , a situational upgrade of , provides an escaping and chasing tool for Luna.
- provides great attribute bonuses, which also benefit illusions, and the slow effect will keep enemies within Luna's attack range.
- increases the max single target damage of Eclipse. It is great when your team has a powerful initiator such as and the enemy team has few way to dodge a long distance Eclipse.