From Dota 2 Wiki
|Hero||Strategy||Counters||Equipment||Gear||Responses||Sounds||Lore||Old Abilities||Changelogs||Known Bugs|
Bad against...Arc Warden
- His Tempest Double can tank Luna's Eclipse.
- He can split-push better than Luna using Boots of Travel on his Tempest Double.
- Magnetic Field can stop Luna's Manta Style illusion push effectively.
- Quill Spray and Bristleback harass Luna more efficiently than she does with Lucent Beam.
- Bristleback withstands Luna’s nukes, and gives lots of damage in return.
- Viscous Nasal Goo and Warpath are enough to outrun speedy Luna.
- A frequent carrier of Crimson Guard, a good protection from bouncing glaives.
- Her Spiderlings can harass Luna in lane heavily, as Luna has no AoE abilities to clear Spiderlings.
- Broodmother can knockdown towers in early game quickly, and limit Luna's farming space.
- Innate high magic resistance from Berserker's Blood and long attack range coupled with Burning Spear makes it difficult for Luna to lane against Huskar or counter Huskar's Life Break effectively.
- Because of low range, Luna cannot easily destroy Healing Ward.
- Both Blade Fury and Omnislash are direct counters to Eclipse.
- Lina has very high magic burst against low health-pool Luna. Laguna Blade can also be upgraded with Aghanim's Scepter to bypass Luna's Black King Bar.
- He can tank Eclipse because of his clones.
- Earthbind and Geostrike take away Luna's mobility advantage.
- Meepo counters Luna's splitpush with his global presence.
- He creates many illusions to tank Luna's Eclipse.
- He can chase Luna effectively regardless of her high movement speed.
- Although her Moon Glaives bounces kill his illusions fast, he can create new ones faster.
- Flesh Heap's magic resistance allows him to survive Eclipse and Meat Hook and Dismember can disable Luna through her Black King Bar.
- However, Lucent Beam can still cancel Dismember from a safe distance, even if its damage is going to be reduced.
- Sniper usually sits at back side and it's hard for Luna to get close to him to attack.
- Shadow Dance prevents Luna from damaging Slark and together with Shadow Blade he can kite her or escape.
- Luna has no way to escape from Pounce's leash.
- Luna has low HP, low range and often stalks through jungle. She cannot properly disarm Proximity Mines.
- Several damaging nuke spells on low cooldowns. Thundergod's Wrath can be used before a fight to harm Luna before she activates her Black King Bar, reducing her survivability for that fight.
- Other carries who can chase effectively despite Luna's high movement speed, such as Phantom Lancer, Slark, Chaos Knight, or Phantom Assassin.
- Heroes that create illusions (such as Spectre, Shadow Demon, Phantom Lancer, Naga Siren, Chaos Knight or Terrorblade) or bring other units into the fight (such as Nature's Prophet, Lone Druid, Chen, Enchantress or the aforementioned Meepo and Arc Warden), which Eclipse can strike unintentionally. (However, in many cases Moon Glaives can resolve this issue and eliminate them before activating Eclipse).
- Heroes with disabling abilities which can bypass spell immunity, such as Clockwerk, Magnus or Pudge.
- A couple of long-range heroes with excellent laning like Mirana, Lina, Necrophos, Death Prophet. The key to success is sticking together and attacking Luna whenever she enters the range, without even chance to retaliate. Multiple long-range heroes is a reason to pick another hero.
- Every hero that can withstand or prevent Eclipse at level 7: Juggernaut, Riki, Clockwerk, Drow Ranger, Abaddon, Faceless Void, Weaver, Outworld Devourer.
- A couple of nukers-disablers on the same lane that can finish squishy Luna efficiently despite resistance of lane-mate: Sven + Shadow Shaman.
- Escape-type carries: Slark, Storm Spirit, Weaver.
- All assassin-type carries 1v1: Meepo, Phantom Assassin, Riki, Ursa.
- Items which allow the enemy to go invisible, such as Glimmer Cape and Shadow Blade. Silver Edge will also disable moon glaives.
- Because of low HP and strong indiscriminate AoE damage, Luna suffers greatly from Last Will of Necronomicon warrior.
- Vanguard/ Abyssal Blade/ Crimson Guard greatly reduce damage from bouncing glaives.
- Moon Glaives can easily clear Chen's creeps.
- Enchantress has pitiful HP so Lucent Beam and Eclipse can kill very quickly.
- Moon Glaives allows Luna to clear Enchantress's creep wave very efficiently.
- Eclipse can help to win a Duel from Legion Commander.
- Although he can avoid Eclipse with Rage and Infest, Luna's physical damage can be enough to deal with him.
- Manta Style is a common pick on Luna, which can help her dispel Open Wounds, and in addition, Lifestealer is not good against illusions created by Manta Style.
- Life Drain will be always canceled by Lucent Beam.
- Decrepify can be suicide against Luna due to Lucent Beam and Eclipse.
- It is almost impossible for Bane to use Fiend's Grip properly against Luna's allies due to huge cast range of the Lucent Beam.
- Though Luna has hard times laning against Necrophos, his Ghost Shroud won’t help him in teamfight because it will increase damage from Lucent Beam and Eclipse.
- Though Luna isn’t a dedicated chaser, she’s rather good at finishing off low HP heroes.
- Luna has a love/hate relationship with illusions and summons. On the one hand, they can tank damage from Eclipse, but on the other hand, she can easily clear them before Eclipse with Moon Glaives.
- Black King Bar and other forms of Spell Immunity can be partially mitigated by Luna's high physical damage.
- Many carries have hard time against heroes that buy Ghost Scepter and Ethereal Blade. However, ethereal state items and abilities are useless against Luna because Eclipse will deal enormous damage, especially when Luna farms Aghanim's Scepter, and she often uses her magical damage in order to kill heroes.
- Illusions created from Manta Style are normally thin, and Luna will easily destroy them. Do not build Manta Style against Luna unless you have natural illusions ( Mirror Image etc) or illusion-related abilities (e.g. Mana Break).
- Luna can put Linken's Sphere on cooldown using Lucent Beam.
Works well with...Crystal Maiden
- Arcane Aura allows Luna to spam Lucent Beam more frequently.
- Frostbite and Crystal Nova helps to chase heroes.
- Lunar Blessing combined with Precision Aura allows Luna and her allies to above-average damage early game, making harassing and kill attempts easier.
- Chakra Magic can sustain Luna's mana pool and give her unexpectedly very low cooldown (up to 0 second) nuke, especially in early game. Heal from Illuminate is very useful as well.
- He can also help her to split-push more effectively with Recall.
- Eclipse causes day to become night, triggering Night Stalker's Hunter in the Night for the ten extra seconds of nighttime.
- Darkness gives both of them a very long vision range.
- Repel can allow Luna to build items other than a Black King Bar. Additionally, Purification can help her in one-on-one engagements and Guardian Angel can allow Luna to fight against enemy carries with little concern.
- Vengeance Aura can greatly improve Luna's attack damage in the late game. Early-game, she can set up kills as well as use Nether Swap on Luna to allow her escape from a sticky situation and potentially save her life.
- Heroes that can help her disable foes in the early-game to kill or flee from ( Rubick, Earthshaker etc).
- Heroes to help maintain her health, especially in the early-game, such as: Omniknight, Phoenix, Dazzle, Warlock, Abaddon, Winter Wyvern, Necrophos etc.
- Heroes with damage amplification such as: Slardar, Vengeful Spirit, Drow Ranger, Pugna, Bloodseeker, Shadow Fiend, Shadow Demon and Ancient Apparition.