From Dota 2 Wiki
|The jewel at its center still reflects a pale image of its creator.|
- Double clicking the item automatically targets self. Multiple casts on the same target do not stack, but refresh the duration.
- Can be cast on creep-heroes, however, it does not reflect any spell on them.
- Applies a basic dispel on the target upon cast.
- When a spell is blocked by Linken's Sphere, it still gets reflected.
- Does not reflect spells cast by allies.
- For a list of reflected spells, see here.
Main article: Lotus Orb/Interactions
- Reflected spells are treated as if the reflecting unit owns the spell and casts it back on the reflect target. This means that all effects of spells which hit the caster affect the reflecting unit, too.
- However, they are reflected to the caster without targeting him, so if an effect proc on getting targeted, it does not proc on Lotus Orb reflects (like Unstable Current), and spell immunity casters are affected if a skill is reflected that does usually not pierce spell immunity (still no magical damage is inflicted).
- If the reflecting hero has Aghanim's Scepter, the reflected spell is upgraded, whether the triggering hero has a scepter or not. If the reflecting hero does not have an Aghanim's Scepter, the reflected spell is not upgraded, even if the triggering hero has one.
- Reflected spells ignore the original spell's cast range and trigger on any distance.
- Reflected spells take effect before the triggering spell hits. In some cases, like when the spell is lethal to both, this may lead to the triggering unit to die before the reflecting unit.
- Channeling spells are reflected (only if the target already has the Echo Shell buff on upon cast of a channeling spell and not the other way around), causing the reflecting hero to channel the spell as if they cast it themselves. When reflecting a channeling spell while already executing another order, that order does not get canceled. This may result in the reflected spell to get instantly canceled.
Heroes whose default item build includes Lotus Orb as a situational item
Undying, Tusk, Axe, Bristleback, Underlord, Necrophos, Night Stalker, Lycan, Pudge, Slardar.
- Projectile-based spells are always reflected upon impact. This makes them easier to reflect than spells with instant effect, because the Echo Shell can be placed on the targeted unit before the projectile hits.
- The ability to reflect single-target spells back to their casters is actually an old ability concept in Dota. It was first seen in version 6.00 as a chance-based passive ability, belonging to Linken's Mirror, the pre-rework version of Linken's Sphere. The ability was removed in 6.09 and replaced by Spell Block, as Linken's Sphere got reworked.