|This magical sphere once protected one of the most famous heroes in history.|
- For strength heroes, it grants 280 health, 8.4 health regen, 1.12% magic resistance, 2.24 armor, 14 attack speed, 0.7% movement speed, 168 mana, 5.7 mana regen, 0.98% spell damage and 14 attack damage.
- For agility heroes, it grants 280 health, 8.4 health regen, 1.12% magic resistance, 2.24 armor, 14 attack speed, 0.7% movement speed, 168 mana, 5.7 mana regen, 0.98% spell damage and 14 attack damage.
- For intelligence heroes, it grants 280 health, 8.4 health regen, 1.12% magic resistance, 2.24 armor, 14 attack speed, 0.7% movement speed, 168 mana, 5.7 mana regen, 0.98% spell damage and 14 attack damage.
- Does not block spells cast by allies.
- Does not block , , and .
- Does not block , , , and .
- For a list of blocked spells, see Spell Block.
- Cannot be cast on self.
- Multiple instances of the buff work fully independently from each other.
- This means it is possible to cast two instances on the same allied hero, and each buff can block one spell.
- This also means that when an ally places the Linken's buff on a hero that has its own Linken's Sphere, both can block a spell. The allied buff is used up first in this case.
- Puts Linken's Sphere on cooldown upon transferring the buff. During this period, it does not block spells on the owner.
- Goes into cooldown once again when the buff blocks a spell on the targeted allied hero.
- Does not go into cooldown when the buff did not block a spell and expired.
- Can be cast on creep-heroes.
Main Article: Spell Block
Situational:, , , , , , , , , , ,
- Although Heroes that solely have single-target abilities (like and ) seem like they would be rendered harmless with Linken's, this actually means they would be able to bypass the Spell Block much more easily than Heroes with only one single-target spell (like or ), as Linken's Sphere only blocks one spell at a time.
- As such, when facing against an enemy with Linken's Sphere, it's best to use a cheap, spammable spell like or to put the item on cooldown so that you or an ally can then use more powerful spells like or .
- It is wise to place the Spell Block buff on your allied initiator or carry to prevent them from being disabled immediately when charging into the enemy team.
- It is good to purchase this item on Heroes that use invisibility or are going to buy items that grant it, as the Spell Block can prevent some spells, such as , from revealing the Hero. If the enemy lacks any detection but has strong burst damage, the Spell Block may also prevent some disables or ultimates from locking and bursting down your Hero before your fade time, or at least give you a warning that you are about to be targeted.
- This item can be useful on heroes with quick escape options such as , , or , as Linken's Sphere can easily make you almost immune to enemy ganks by blocking any enemy's spell - protecting you from a potential disable and also giving you an early warning that the enemy is coming, allowing you to make your escape.
- Projectile-based spells are always blocked upon impact. This makes them easier to blocked for an ally, than spells with instant effect, because the Spellblock buff can be placed on the targeted ally before the projectile hits.
- Linken's Sphere is a good combination with , because it can force enemy hero to cast his most powerful singe-targeted ability on you. However, spending two inventory slots on defensive items means less room for damage and utility items, so think before you buy.
: will make you hard to gank with the Linken protecting you from being disabled. It can also be used to initiate.
- and : give good mobility too.
- : it is the cheapest item able to disable a Linken's Sphere.
- : it is not as cheap as force staff, but is useful to disable a Linken's Sphere.
- : it is not as cheap as force staff, but its active has the longest casting range of all the items who can disable Linkens's Sphere, which allows its wearer to disable Linken's Sphere from afar
- : Linken's Sphere doesn't protect from bashes.
- : Though expensive, can disable a Linken's Sphere through Spell Immunity.
- : Situational, but it can also disable Linken's Sphere.
- Linken's Sphere bears a strong resemblance to the item Nayru's Love originally from 'The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time', which protects Link from damage at the cost of magic power.
- Linken's Sphere is named after Linken, a character from World of Warcraft, who is in turn named after Link, the protagonist of the Legend of Zelda franchise.
- As Linken's Sphere was originally created, it was named "Linken's Mirror". Its ability was Spell Mirror, which was basically a chance-based Echo Shell from . The item was reworked into the present version in 6.09.