Lina, the Slayer, is a ranged Intelligence hero, adept at destroying enemy heroes quickly by delivering massive bursts of magical damage, making her one of the most effective gankers in the game. She possesses immense damaging capabilities all throughout the game, but is very fragile. Two of her fiery spells are her main source of damage, Dragon Slave sends a wave of fire to burn enemies in her path while Light Strike Array stuns them with a concentrated pillar of solar flame. Each of her spells deals great damage early on and has a low cooldown. Her Fiery Soul bolsters her attack and movement speed every time she casts a spell, which gives her scaling damage for the later game. Laguna Blade, her ultimate, is her ace in the hole. Lina fires off a huge bolt of lightning at a single target, dealing colossal damage. Laguna Blade's damage is staggering in early-mid game, and late game is still enough to destroy frail enemy heroes. Dragon Slave, Light Strike Array, and Laguna Blade are incredible flaming nukes that can incinerate her target instantly, and Fiery Soul allows her to transition into a strong and fast physical attacker. Though her power falls from its peak late game, mana-boosting and damage-increasing items can be purchased to keep herself up.
- Light Strike Array destroys trees within the affected radius.
- Light Strike Array first applies the debuff, then the damage.
- The visual effects and the sound during the 0.5 second effect delay are only visible and audible to allies.
- Lina has two different animations for this spell, leading to two possible cast backswing durations.
- Using items does not trigger Fiery Soul.
- Each spell cast refreshes the duration of the whole stack, making it theoretically possible to permanently have max stacks on.
- At 2 stacks the buff grants 10%/12%/14%/16% ( 14%/16%/18%/20%) movement speed and 80/110/140/170 ( 140/170/200/230) attack speed.
Can be cast on spell immune enemies when upgraded.
|+175 Attack Range||25||-6sCooldown|
|+30/2%Per Stack||20||+14% Spell Amplification|
|+125 Cast Range||10||+30 Damage|
- The cast range talent also affects the max distance of .
- This attack damage talent is added as raw attack damage, so it does not benefit illusions, and is not affected by most percentage-based damage increasing or reducing effects.
- The health talent increases maximum health capacity, and keeps the current health percentage.
- restores health to keep Lina in lane.
- gives attributes so Lina can get last hits.
- provides cheap attributes; it also gives more healing out of Tango.
- sustains mana so Lina can keep using abilities, threatening enemies more.
- is useful since Lina is squishy and has multiple high-cost low-cooldown spells picking up Magic Stick can increase her early staying power greatly.
- helps Lina get into position to land her abilities while avoiding danger zones.
- is a common pickup for Lina when playing in the mid lane.
- 's attack damage complements Fiery Soul to increase Lina's damage output.
- is a viable alternative, especially for a more support oriented Lina.
- can solve Lina's mana issues while also improving her low HP pool. With enough charges, she can keep up her full stacks of Fiery Soul without having to worry about being out of mana during the next team fight.
- enhances Lina's positioning even further and greatly boosts her mana-regeneration because of her high base Intelligence and Intelligence gain. It can also be used to set up Light Strike Array fairly reliably.
- gives Lina the ability to stay back in safety, then blink in at an opportune moment to cast her Light Strike Array before the enemy can see it coming and evade it.
- Black King Bar users in the mid or late game. roughly boosts Lina's Laguna Blade damage by another ability point, increases her survivability because of the increase to her attributes, and lets her damage stay relevant even against
- improves her own positioning and all attributes for relatively low cost and also benefits her team.
- can be useful for a carry Lina, as it helps her to cast Light Strike Array while invisible, and also provides her with an escape mechanism.
- gives her team an important disable that also helps to ensure she lands Light Strike Array. Furthermore, its attribute bonuses will make her a bit more survivable and drastically improve her mana regeneration.
- provides a good damage boost when playing as a semi-carry Lina, and can be upgraded in either or depending on your preference.
- is sometimes picked up when Lina is carrying, especially against teams with many disables.
- Shiva's Guard's aura and active ability. both helps with Lina's mana regeneration problems as well as her low armor value while also benefiting her team with
- provides Lina with a larger mana pool that becomes more important as teamfights expand and Laguna Blade becomes more mana-intensive, as well as a significant boost to her low HP pool. Its active effect can also greatly assist in landing her stun, and has a low enough cooldown to do so almost as soon as Light Strike Array comes off cooldown again.
- 's lifesteal gives more survival potential in teamfights. Also, it gives a huge intelligence boost, as well as a greater ability to spam spells.
- is a decent luxury item if the farm is available. It allows Lina to amplify her magical nukes, and slows enemies to help her land them. Using the active on herself is also a good escape mechanism against late game carries.
|Roles:||Support Carry Nuker Disabler|
|Playstyle:||Like her younger sister, Lina's elemental affinity was the source of many headaches. Sent south to live with a patient aunt, she learned to master her Fiery Soul in the blazing Desert of Misrule. Channeling the breath of Desert Wyrms, she unleashes her Dragon Slave to burn a path before her. Attuned to fire, Lina ignites the ground with Light Strike Array, incinerating foes in a column of flame. Even the hardiest of heroes fear the Slayer's signature spell: The Laguna Blade. Focusing every bit of heat around her, Lina fires a condensed bolt of white-hot energy, instantly terminating her opponent with minimal struggle or effort.|
- The original Lina Inverse "The Slayer" was modeled after the main character from the novels/anime/manga Slayers where  , and are all spells used by the original Lina Inverse.
- Lina's line ▶️ "Better to burn out than fade away" is a reference to the Neil Young song, My, My, Hey, Hey.
- The line also appears in the suicide note of Kurt Cobain.
- The line ▶️ "Turn me over... I'm done." is a reference to Lawrence of Rome who was roasted alive on a giant grill and joked, "Turn me over — I'm done on this side."
- Lina's rival response towards ▶️ "Why'd you stop? This isn't Batrider country." is a reference to a line in the movie Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.
- In older versions of DotA, Lina was a male hero that used the Blood Mage model, also used by the Invoker. In these versions, Lina was known as Link Inverse.
- Lina's line ▶️ "It's not the heat, it's the humiliation." is a reference to "It's not the heat, it's the humility." a quote from Yogi Berra.
- Lina's coils around her neck are possibly a representation of Kayan Lahwi women in Myanmar, who are also referred to as "dragon women".