- lifestealing and healing with Infest in fights. prevents Lifestealer from
- can disable Lifestealer through Rage.
- pierces Rage and can disable Lifestealer in fights.
- is very strong against Lifestealer, as he has no way of killing the illusions.
- Clinkz relies heavily on the physical damage provided by Searing Arrows, which completely overrides the capabilities of Rage.
- Open Wounds is near worthless against Clinkz as he can instantly run away with Skeleton Walk before returning later on.
- Clinkz, by nature will often build items that Lifestealer hates dealing with such as physical damage items like Desolator or Daedalus and instant silences or hexes from Bloodthorne and Scythe of Vyse.
- 's item build allows him to be much more tanky than Lifestealer in many situations.
- His high range and damage also being able to create illusions makes him one the best counters to Lifestealer, Terrorblade can burst him down if Lifestealer doesnt have gap closer.
- Terrorblade's high armor makes Lifestealer's useless.
- Because Lifestealer usually walks around in high HP in fights due to his lifesteal (and sometimes Armlet) he is a great target for Terrorblade's
- and , both very popular Terrorblade items, can be a big problem for Lifestealer.
- dispels Open Wounds.
- Lifestealer has no way of dealing with Phantom Lancer's illusions.
- can be used to remove Open Wounds.
- allows Slark to attack Lifestealer for its duration without any way for Lifestealer to fight back.
- Slark commonly buys a break Lifestealer's Feast, severely diminishing his damage output and lifesteal. , which can
- Lifestealer can't fight Ursa in any stage of the game because of his high physical damage with and .
- is not blocked by Rage and can be used to lower Lifestealer's already low armor making him vulnerable to physical damage.
- renders the Open Wounds slow pretty useless, as it gives Weaver maximum movement speed, allowing him escape or kite around Lifestealer.
- Heroes with high physical damage: , , , ,
- Heroes with illusions: , ,
- can withstand against Lifestealer's physical damage due to his high armor and strength.
- Familiars can kite and hurt Lifestealer badly. 's
- Lifestealer has no natural stun, so he often lacks his own form of lockdown unless he has Abyssal Blade. Highly evasive heroes like Slark or Anti-Mage can easily kite around Lifestealer.
- Lifestealer, at even farm levels, will often fall against other man-fighting non-Strength cores like Ursa, Phantom Assassin or Troll Warlord as he cannot truly rely on sustain from Feast.
- is very useful to kite Lifestealer in team-fight.
- evasion and undispellable disarm, making Lifestealer useless if placed before Rage. gives
- or Solar Crest, , and others armor items are useful against Lifestealer's physical-only damage.
- breaks Feast and gives escape tool.
- Rage ignores allowing quickly kill squishy Enchantress.
- Rage also protects from disables from her creeps and Infest allows to escape, kill or turn against herself.
- Open Wounds will lessen her high movement speed, something she usually relies on to escape.
- Lifestealer can infest Enchantress's creeps.
- Rage protects from , as well as from her and .
- Spectre tends to go tanky build with her talents and , making Feast more effective.
- Rage protects from all of Techies' magic damage and disables and dispels 's debuff .
- Usually teams have a hard time pushing high-ground against Techies, but Lifestealer can just pop Rage and walk uphill without fear of Techies.
- Lifestealer's Rage makes him immune to all of Tinker's damage and debuffs.
- Lifestealer can infest any mobile hero (teams usually pick one against Tinker) and make sure Tinker dies if he is caught.
- Heroes with low armor and/or high HP: , , ,
- Heroes who have all their abilities (damage or disable) not piercing spell immunity: , , ,
- Gankers should play cautiously when doing their job, as their victim might be Infested.
- 's creep falls victim to Infest, healing Lifestealer and feeding him easy gold.
Works well with...
- Clockwerk is a good ally to Infest. Wait until your ally has trapped an opponent inside his to pop out and make an easy kill.
- He also provides good initiation which Lifestealer may lack with .
- She is a good target for Infest as she gives a perfect gap closer with and a follow up magic burst.
- If Infested, Riki is great for traversing the map quickly and undetected, he is also able to close the gap between Lifestealer and his target as well as slow them with , which if coupled with Open Wounds will grant a 100% slow making the kill exponentially easier.
- greatly increases Lifestealer's physical damage.
- Slardar is a common carrier and a good target for Infest.
- Like many others, Spirit Breaker is a great ally to Infest as he provides a perfect gap closer with and a follow up disable with .
- Like many others, Storm Spirit is a great ally to Infest as he provides a perfect gap closer with and a follow up disable with .
- Infesting Beastmaster's hawk allows you flying movement on a unit with great vision, allowing you to take enemies by surprise with Infest.
- Heroes with high mobility and good initiation, who would be good targets to Infest, and ambush enemies with.
- adds mobility to Infest.