- lifestealing and healing with Infest in fights. prevents Lifestealer from
- can disable Lifestealer through Rage.
- pierces Rage and can disable Lifestealer in fights.
- s armor reduction is very strong against Lifestealer who mainly depends on his Rage to survive.
- is very strong against Lifestealer, as he has no way of killing the illusions.
- Clinkz relies heavily on the physical damage provided by Searing Arrows, which completely overrides the capabilities of Rage.
- Open Wounds is near worthless against Clinkz as he can instantly run away with Skeleton Walk before returning later on.
- Clinkz, by nature will often build items that Lifestealer hates dealing with such as physical damage items like Desolator or Daedalus and instant silences or hexes from Bloodthorne and Scythe of Vyse.
- 's high range and damage also being able to create illusions makes him one the best counters to Lifestealer, Terrorblade can burst him down if Lifestealer doesnt have gap closer.Examples of gap closer that could work aganist Terrorblade , , .
- Terrorblade's can help him kite Lifestealer, also if Lifestealer has he can create illusion with radiance.
- Terrorblade's high armor makes Lifestealer's useless.
- Because Lifestealer usually walks around in high HP in fights due to his lifesteal (and sometimes Armlet) he is a great target for Terrorblade's
- Although he can avoid with Rage and Infest, Luna's physical damage can be enough to deal with him.
- is a common pick on Luna, which can help her dispel Open Wounds, and in addition, Lifestealer is not good against illusions created by .
- and allows him to out-damage and out-heal Lifestealer's Feast in any stage of the game.
- forces Lifestealer to run out from the circle and team-fight.
- dispels Open Wounds.
- Lifestealer has no way of dealing with Phantom Lancer's illusions.
- can be used to remove Open Wounds.
- allows Slark to attack Lifestealer for its duration without any way for Lifestealer to fight back.
- Slark commonly buys a break Lifestealer's Feast, severely diminishing his damage output and lifesteal. , which can
- Lifestealer can't fight Ursa in any stage of the game because of his high physical damage with and .
- is not blocked by Rage and can be used to lower Lifestealer's already low armor making him vulnerable to physical damage.
- renders the Open Wounds slow pretty useless, as it gives Weaver maximum movement speed, allowing him escape or kite around Lifestealer.
- Heroes with high physical damage: , , , ,
- Heroes with illusions: , ,
- can withstand against Lifestealer's physical damage due to his high armor and strength.
- Familiars can kite and hurt Lifestealer badly. 's
- Lifestealer has no natural stun, so he often lacks his own form of lockdown unless he has Abyssal Blade. Highly evasive heroes like Slark or Anti-Mage can easily kite around Lifestealer.
- Lifestealer, at even farm levels, will often fall against other man-fighting non-Strength cores like Ursa, Phantom Assassin or Troll Warlord as he cannot truly rely on sustain from Feast.
- is very useful to kite Lifestealer in team-fight.
- evasion and undispellable disarm, making Lifestealer useless if placed before Rage. gives
- , , and others armor items are useful against Lifestealer's physical-only damage.
- evasion and armor. gets a special mention as it gives
- breaks Feast and gives escape tool.
- Rage ignores allowing quickly kill squishy Enchantress.
- Rage also protects from disables from her creeps and Infest allows to escape, kill or turn against herself.
- Open Wounds will lessen her high movement speed, something she usually relies on to escape.
- Lifestealer can infest Enchantress's creeps.
- Rage protects from , as well as from her and .
- Spectre tends to go tanky build with her talents and , making Feast more effective.
- Rage protects from all of Techies' magic damage and disables and dispels 's debuff .
- Usually teams have a hard time pushing high-ground against Techies, but Lifestealer can just pop Rage and walk uphill without fear of Techies.
- Lifestealer's Rage makes him immune to all of Tinker's damage and debuffs.
- Lifestealer can infest any mobile hero (teams usually pick one against Tinker) and make sure Tinker dies if he is caught.
- Heroes with low armor and/or high HP: , , ,
- Heroes who have all their abilities (damage or disable) not piercing spell immunity ( , , , etc)
- Gankers should play cautiously when doing their job, as their victim might be Infested.
- 's creep falls victim to Infest, healing Lifestealer and feeding him easy gold.
Works well with...
- Clockwerk is a good ally to Infest. Wait until your ally has trapped an opponent inside his to pop out and make an easy kill.
- He also provides good initiation which Lifestealer may lack with .
- She is a good target for Infest as she gives a perfect gap closer with and a follow up magic burst.
- If Infested, Riki is great for traversing the map quickly and undetected, he is also able to close the gap between Lifestealer and his target as well as slow them with , which if coupled with Open Wounds will grant a 100% slow making the kill exponentially easier.
- greatly increases Lifestealer's physical damage.
- Slardar is a common carrier and a good target for Infest.
- Like many others, Spirit Breaker is a great ally to Infest as he provides a perfect gap closer with and a follow up disable with .
- Like many others, Storm Spirit is a great ally to Infest as he provides a perfect gap closer with and a follow up disable with .
- Infesting Beastmaster's hawk allows you flying movement on a unit with great vision, allowing you to take enemies by surprise with Infest.
- Heroes with high mobility and good initiation, who would be good targets to infest, and ambush enemies with.
- adds mobility to Infest.