From Dota 2 Wiki
Bad against...Ancient Apparition Bane Beastmaster
- Call of the Wild's Boar slows Lifestealer's movement and attack speed through Rage.
- Primal Roar pierces Rage and can disable Lifestealer in fights.
- Reality Rifts armor reduction is very strong against Lifestealer who mainly depends on his Rage to survive.
- Phantasm is very strong against Lifestealer, as he has no way of killing the illusions.
- Clinkz relies heavily on the physical damage provided by Searing Arrows, which completely overrides the capabilities of Rage.
- No matter what creep Lifestealer infests into, Clinkz can almost always eliminate with Death Pact.
- Open Wounds is near worthless against Clinkz as he can instantly run away with Skeleton Walk before returning later on.
- Clinkz, by nature will often build items that Lifestealer hates dealing with such as physical damage items like Desolator or Daedalus and instant silences or hexes from Bloodthorne and Scythe of Vyse.
- Although he can avoid Eclipse with Rage and Infest, Luna's physical damage can be enough to deal with him.
- Manta Style is a common pick on Luna, which can help her dispel Open Wounds, and in addition, Lifestealer is not good against illusions created by Manta Style.
- Jingu Mastery and Boundless Strike allows him to out-damage and out-heal Lifestealer's Feast in any stage of the game.
- Wukong's Command forces Lifestealer to run out from the circle and team-fight.
- Doppelganger can be used to dispel Open Wounds
- Lifestealer has no way of dealing with Phantom Lancer's illusions.
- Dark Pact can be used to remove Open Wounds.
- Shadow Dance allows Slark to attack Lifestealer for its duration without any way for Lifestealer to fight back.
- Slark commonly buys a Silver Edge, which can break Lifestealer's Feast, severely diminishing his damage output and lifesteal.
- Lifestealer can't fight Ursa in any stage of the game because of his high physical damage with Fury Swipes and Overpower.
- The Swarm is not blocked by Rage and can be used to lower Lifestealer's already low armor making him vulnerable to physical damage.
- Shukuchi renders the Open Wounds slow pretty useless, as it gives Weaver maximum movement speed, allowing him escape or kite around Lifestealer.
- Heroes with high physical damage ( Bounty Hunter, Bristleback, Clinkz, Luna, Shadow Fiend, Slardar, …)
- Heroes with illusions ( Chaos Knight, Naga Siren, Phantom Lancer, …)
- Dragon Knight is a great Hero against physical damage and is also a strength hero (naturally able to withstand a lot of damage). Due to Lifestealer's damage being nearly 100% physical, he might struggle to take him down.
- Feast damage seems great against high HP Heroes like Dragon Knight, but this one has high armor, and Feast deals physical damage.
- Visage's Familiars can kite and hurt Lifestealer badly.
- Lifestealer has no natural stun, so he often lacks his own form of lockdown unless he has Abyssal Blade. Highly evasive heroes like Slark or Anti-Mage can easily kite around Lifestealer.
- Lifestealer, at even farm levels, will often fall against other man-fighting non-Strength cores like Ursa, Phantom Assassin or Troll Warlord as he cannot truly rely on sustain from Feast.
- Force Staff is very useful to kite Lifestealer in team-fight.
- Heaven's Halberd gives evasion and undispellable disarm, making Lifestealer useless if placed before Rage.
- Medallion of Courage, Assault Cuirass and others armor items are useful against Lifestealer's physical-only damage.
- Solar Crest gets a special mention as it gives evasion and armor.
- Silver Edge breaks Feast and gives escape tool.
- Rage ignores Untouchable allowing quickly kill squishy Enchantress.
- Rage also protects from disables from her creeps and Infest allows to escape, kill or turn against herself.
- Open Wounds will lessen her high movement speed, something she usually relies on to escape.
- Lifestealer can infest Enchantress's creeps.
- Rage protects from Spectral Dagger, as well as from her Radiance and Diffusal Blade.
- Spectre tends to go tanky build (with her talents and Heart of Tarrasque) making Feast more effective.
- Rage protects from all of Techies' magic damage and disables and dispels Stasis Trap's debuff .
- Usually teams have a hard time pushing high-ground against Techies, but Lifestealer can just pop Rage and walk uphill without fear of Techies.
- Lifestealer's Rage makes him immune to all of Tinker's damage and debuffs.
- Lifestealer can infest any mobile hero (teams usually pick one against Tinker) and make sure Tinker dies if he is caught.
- Heroes with low armor and/or high HP ( Kunkka, Phoenix, Pudge, Tiny etc).
- Heroes who have all their abilities (damage or disable) not piercing spell immunity ( Keeper of the Light, Lina, Lion, Zeus etc)
- Gankers should play cautiously when doing their job, as their victim might be Infested.
Works well with...Clockwerk
- Clockwerk is a good ally to Infest. Wait until your ally has trapped an opponent inside his Power Cogs to pop out and make an easy kill.
- He also provides good initiation which Lifestealer may lack with Hookshot.
- She is a good target for Infest as she gives a perfect gap closer with Blink and a follow up magic burst.
- If Infested, Riki is great for traversing the map quickly and undetected, he is also able to close the gap between Lifestealer and his target as well as slow them with Smoke Screen, which if coupled with Open Wounds will grant a 100% slow making the kill exponentially easier.
- Corrosive Haze greatly increases Lifestealer's physical damage.
- Slardar is a common Blink Dagger carrier and a good target for Infest.
- Like many others, Spirit Breaker is a great ally to Infest as he provides a perfect gap closer with Charge of Darkness and a follow up disable with Nether Strike.
- Like many others, Storm Spirit is a great ally to Infest as he provides a perfect gap closer with Ball Lightning and a follow up disable with Electric Vortex.