Audio migration in progress. Some responses pages / audio files may have broken file links.
Lifesteal allows the attacking unit to gain health when damaging an enemy, which includes any attack modifier with attack damage. The lifesteal ability can be gained via items, passive abilities or the auras of other units.
The amount of health a unit gains from lifesteal is calculated by a percentage of the actual damage done to the attacked unit, but still heals for overkill damage, so if an attack's damage exceeded the target's current health and killed it, the heal is based on damage it would have taken if it would not have died.
All sources of lifesteal stack additively with each other.
Sources of lifesteal
- Lifesteal: 60%/100%/140% ( 120%/160%/200%)
Also lifesteals upon attacking wards or allies.
- Lifesteal: 25%/40%/55%/70%
- Lifesteal: 55%/65%/75%/85%
The buff lasts either 1 second, or until successfully landing an attack, whichever is shorter.
- Lifesteal: 20%
- Lifesteal: 15%/30%/45%/60%
Buff is gained after 4 successful attacks against the same enemy hero. Also lifesteals upon attacking wards.
- Lifesteal: 15%
- Lifesteal: 25%
- Lifesteal Bonus: 175%
- Lifesteal: 40%/60%/80%
- Lifesteal (Melee): 15%
Lifesteal (Ranged): 10%
The aura provides lifesteal to all allied units but the amount depends whether they are ranged or melee.
The following heroes have a talent that grants them lifesteal.
|Bonus||Level 10||Level 15||Level 20||Level 25|
Interactions with other abilities
- Lifesteal is calculated after critical strikes, which means that lifesteal heals more on attacks that crit.
- Illusions can lifesteal normally, considering their changed outgoing damage values. However, when attacking illusions, the heal is not affected by the illusion's changed incoming damage values.
- Secondary targets of instant attacks can be lifestealed off as long as the instant attack is able to carry attack modifiers.
- If an attack modifier directly adds the damage it deals to the attack damage (like bashes), its damage can lifesteal:
- Abyssal Blade – Bash
- Anti-Mage – Mana Break
- Diffusal Blade – Manabreak
- Javelin – Pierce
- Lifestealer – Feast
- Monkey King Bar – Pierce
- Necronomicon Warrior – Mana Break
- Riki – Cloak and Dagger
- Shadow Blade – Shadow Walk
- Silver Edge – Shadow Walk
- Skull Basher – Bash
- Slardar – Bash of the Deep
- Sniper – Headshot
- Ursa – Fury Swipes
- Weaver – Geminate Attack
Spell lifesteal allows the hero to heal from spell damage they deal. Just like attack damage lifesteal, spell lifesteal is calculated by a percentage of the actual damage done to units. However, unlike attack damage lifesteal, it does not heal for overkill damage dealt to a unit, so if a spell's damage exceeded the target's current health and killed it, the heal is based on the target's remaining health.
Some lifesteal abilities work differently from regular lifesteal. Their mechanics are unique to the spell they are provided by.
- Shared Lifesteal: 40%/50%/60%/70%
Heals Lone Druid based on the attack damage dealt by his , and vice versa.
- Fixed interaction between lifesteal and negative attack damage, where lifesteal would cause the attacker to lose health.