|is a ranged intelligence hero whose draws enemies closer, pulling them to his team. With , he can nuke down enemies, or put on himself or his allies for protection. His deals heavy damage and slow to enemies during teamfights.|
- Lich can dominate his lane by using Frost Shield on allies, allowing them to harass the enemies.
- Keep using Frost Shield on allies in ganks to increase their survivability, as well as slowing down the enemies.
|Attacks Apply 50% MS and AS Slow||25||Provides +60 HP Regen|
|+2sDuration||20||+150 Cast Range|
|+20 Movement Speed||10||+200 Health|
- The cast range talent does not affect the jump distance of .
- The health talent increases maximum health capacity, and keeps the current health percentage.
Tips & Tactics
- Lich is a support hero who possesses tremendous nuking power, as well as disable power via his many slows. His low reliance on items makes him a strong support who can cause considerable harm to the enemy in the laning stage.
- Like most intelligence support casters, Lich suffers from poor strength and agility, making him easy to kill by enemy attacks and abilities should he ever get caught out of position. Playing Lich well requires judicious positioning depending on the situation, and casting his spells on the right targets without being focused down by the enemy.
- Lich's skill set allows him to be played effectively in any lane. However, this does not necessarily change his role, only the amount of farm he gets.
- When casting Frost Blast on enemy heroes in lane to harass them, try to follow up with a few attacks on them while they are slowed.
- Frost Blast damages and slows the target enemy, as well as applying additional minor damage and the slow in a radius around the target.
- Lich's low base intelligence means that he is unable to use Frost Blast repeatedly without a source of mana replenishment.
- Frost Blast has a longer-than-average cast range, allowing Lich to lead early-game ganks with it. It is very powerful when ganking the enemy offlaner as the slow lasts for 4 seconds, allowing teammates with high damage output to capitalize on the slow while Frost Blast's low cooldown allows you to finish off the target soon after if needed.
- Although Frost Blast is a unit target spell, it also has a small radius of effect in which nearby enemies will take minor damage as well as the slow. This makes Frost Blast an imperfect area-of-effect nuke that can help in nuking down creep waves if needed.
- Use Frost Shield to protect allies from enemy attacks.
- Frost Shield helps Lich and allies trade hits in the early game as the enemies will have a hard time dealing with its attack damage resistance. Furthermore, the movement speed slow will keep them from running too far from harassment.
- Use Frost Shield on allies when ganking, applying slow and damage to enemies over a long duration.
- Use Frost Shield on creeps to help push the lane.
- Use Frost Shield on allied buildings to slow and hurt pushing enemies.
- Tips needed.
- Sinister Gaze hypnotizes the enemies, making them walk toward Lich, thus ruining their positioning.
- Sinister Gaze makes the target face Lich, so he can use following the channel to push the target further into Lich's teammates.
- Try to use Sinister Gaze at maximum cast range so enemies will have to walk for longer distance.
- Sinister Gaze can make the target walk over cliffs.
- Tips needed.
- Chain Frost is a massive damage-dealing, slowing, multi-target nuke. It is very fatal when bouncing between enemy heroes, doing massive damage and slowing them.
- Chain Frost is most effective when used on a group of enemy heroes with on Lich because this removes the limit of bounces, making it a very dangerous orb of frozen death, enabling him to do a one-on-five fight.
- One of the biggest disadvantages of Chain Frost is its slow movement speed. This gives time for enemies to split apart, preventing it from bouncing. You can, however, work with heroes that can disable multiple enemies like , , , , , and so on, which lock heroes in place long enough for Chain Frost to deal full damage. As well, keep in mind that the slow travel speed of the orb can be negated if the enemy is standing in very close proximity, reducing its travel time between targets.
- Chain Frost can be one of the most devastating ultimates in the game, and can easily turn a teamfight in your favor when used properly. Use it to deal damage quickly to clustered enemy heroes.
- Be careful about where you cast Chain Frost. If there are multiple enemy creeps around the spell may waste much of its power on them, yet at the same time it is almost useless when cast on a single enemy as it will not bounce. Use your judgment in deciding when Chain Frost is most profitably cast.
- Chain Frost can be used to instantly turn around enemy ganks under the right circumstances. As players often clump together when chasing a target, casting Chain Frost on them can deal large amounts of damage to them, either netting you multiple kills or forcing the enemy to spread out and retreat, breaking up the gank attempt.
- When using Chain Frost in a teamfight, frost Blast can be used to reduce the enemy's movement speed which can greatly debilitate their efforts to spread out. Additionally, you can use Frost Blast to attempt to kill any nearby enemy creeps, so that they will not be available as targets for Chain Frost's bounce and thus waste some of its power.
- If Lich catches the enemy team killing Roshan, using Chain Frost will force them to desist and/or deal huge damage to all of them, as Roshan's pit is very difficult to disperse inside, especially when slowed.
- sustains Lich's health so that he does not get harassed out of lane; he can also use it to heal allied carry as well.
- also restores health to Lich or an ally.
- supplies mana for Frost Blast, keeping enemies from touching the creep waves.
- ferries items to allies.
- are cheap and can give Lich good attributes at the cost of inventory space. They can be used to build components or upgrade your .
- provides map vision for team to spot enemy ganks.
- is useful on all heroes, and in particular on supports, so buying one on Lich is highly recommended during laning. It can be upgraded into a for additional stats and more burst regen.
- are very powerful on Lich, as his innately high base movement speed already gives him some measure of mobility to allow him to harass and escape in the laning stage. Augmenting that with Boots will allow him to do even more, harassing more effectively with Frost Blast and even chasing enemies down.
- gives Lich mana and mana regeneration to use his abilities. The increased cast range helps Lich use abilities and items from a safe distance, and improves by making the targets walk farther toward Lich.
- is a very useful utility item on all supports, and is relatively easy to build as well. The ability to quickly displace allies and enemies is very powerful as Lich's spells all depend greatly on positioning, while the item's bonuses give Lich a bigger mana pool and some more HP regen.
- magic resistance and invisibility. helps Lich or allies escape with bonus
- is powerful on Lich as he can instantly get within range to cast Frost Blast on an enemy, or jump in to cast on an unsuspecting group of enemy heroes. It also improves his map mobility as he can easily jump over impassable terrain to reach his destination faster.
- greatly augments Lich's ability to deal damage in fights, as the increased damage and removal of the bounce limit removes the option for the enemy to simply wait out the spell or lead the ball into creep waves.
- will increase Lich's damage output with by a very large margin, especially if it is a follow-up to large disabling teamfight abilities. It is highly recommended to build up your mana pool first though, as itself costs 500 mana at level 3, meaning that the combo will cost upwards of 1375 mana, excluding other spells.
- is a very powerful item on any support hero, although it is also very expensive. The massive intelligence bonus and mana regen allows Lich to cast his spells with almost no limit, and the additional strength also gives him survivability. However, its most important feature is the ability to instantly hard-disable an enemy and prevent them from using items, a powerful ability in late-game teamfights.
- ethereal to counter physical damage, giving him time to use abilities or escape if he is jumped on by the enemy's carry. provides Lich attributes and
- is a useful utility item to build on Lich. On top of providing extra attributes for more HP, the additional mana regeneration allows Lich to take advantage of his high intelligence growth, and the active can be used to heal teammates or apply some more damage to the enemy in ganks.
- is mandatory on any team, and Lich can carry one quite effectively. The item gives him stats across the board as well as armor, giving him more survivability, and the instant 250 HP heal is crucial in teamfights.
- is a comparatively cheap utility item that is very powerful on Lich. It enhances his movement speed while giving him a bigger mana pool and great amounts of mana regen, making him much more mobile and allowing him to spam his spells much more frequently. Most importantly though, the active ability allows him to instantly hard-disable an enemy at range, something he otherwise lacks.
- gives Lich many good benefits. The extra HP greatly increases Lich's survivability and the intelligence gives him a larger mana pool. More importantly, however, the item's active ability can be used to root an enemy from a very long range and can be followed by Frost Blast.
- helps Lich in ganks by lowering enemy's armor and movement speed. Furthermore, in fights, using the item on an ally buffs their armor, movement, and attack speed. Lastly, it can reduce Roshan's armor and attack speed, cinching the Aegis with ease.
- is a powerful utility item to build for your team, as it can protect them from magic nukes, synergizing with your ability to protect them from physical damage by casting Frost Shield on them. The passive HP regen also allows Lich to maintain his HP pool without returning to base to heal.