Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
- Although he can be effective against Anti-Mage in an aggro offlane, Lich has a hard time nuking down Anti-Mage in the midgame due to his Counterspell.
- In the lategame, Anti-Mage can easily pick off Lich with , and the high mana cost of Chain Frost along with Lich's large mana pool makes him vulnerable to .
- Chain Frost can bounce to the Spiderlings that Broodmother spawns.
- Lich is going to have a hard time nuking Huskar because of his high magic resistance from .
- Lich is a squishy support without an escape mechanism, making Lich a easy kill thanks to and .
- Once Huskar has , even a maxed out Frost Blast will struggle to finish Huskar off.
- Chain Frost can bounce to treants that Nature's Prophet summons.
- Nature's Prophet's can be used to isolate and burst down the squishy Lich.
- Weaver doesn't care much about your slows thanks to .
- If he sees Chain Frost is targeting him, he can easily isolate himself with Shukuchi so that it stops bouncing around.
- Unless you burst him immediately, you have no hard disable or silence to prevent him from using .
- The 550 movement speed provided by Haste Rune renders your slows ineffective. 's or a
- Similarly, any kind of movement spell or item can enable an enemy with good reflexes and positioning to isolate your Chain Frost to get it to stop bouncing.
- , , , allow users to escape Chain Frost.
- Teams with multiple s may cause Lich to accidentally kill himself with Chain Frost.
- can block most of Chain Frost's damage.
- will make the user immune to Lich's spell casting.
- and will reduce the effectiveness of Chain Frost. If Lich is unlucky, the Necronomicon Warrior's Last Will may kill him. Manta Style will also dispel any slow Lich may have applied to the target.
- will remove Frost Shield from Lich or his allies.
- can be a good pickup versus Lich as all he does is to slow you. The push it gives can be enough to catchup with him or run away.
- blocks Chain Frost upon impact.
- combo puts all of the Meepos very close together, making them vulnerable to Frost Blast's AoE slow and multiple bounces from Chain Frost.
- Chain Frost can eliminate Chaos Knight's army, especially after he clumped up using .
- Frost Shield will heavily reduce his army's effectiveness.
- Chain Frost can deliver high amounts of damage to Lone itself and his bear if they do not separate fast from each other.
- The movement slows from Frost Blast and Frost Shield, along with the bonus armor from Frost Shield make Lich good at kiting melee heroes without s.
Works well with...
- Magnus does not only disable the enemy with , he also packs them together, enabling Chain Frost to be more effective.
- synchronizes well with Frost Shield and gives huge survivability to a target.
- is also a good setup for Chain Frost.
- and Chain Frost is a recipe for disaster against poorly coordinated enemies.
- Using , Faceless Void can lock down multiple enemies, making them helpless against Chain Frost.
- Using groups all of the enemies close together, making chain frost do lots of damage to all caught in it.
- With taunt all the nearby enemy for them to get killed by Chain Frost. , Axe can
- Any AoE disable can be a good setup for Chain Frost ( , ...) but the spell is more effective when the enemies are clumped together
- Dark Seer's may be of good use when combined with Chain Frost. Chain Frost provides a slow thus allowing to add up to the damage dealt. Not only that, enemies will have a hard time getting out of .