- and makes it hard for Legion Commander to kill Abaddon's teammates in Duels.
- makes Abaddon nearly impossible to kill in Duels, and often replenishes much of his health because Legion Commander cannot manually stop attacking during Duels.
- , and all prevent Legion Commander from winning Duels, especially when Bane has .
- prevents Legion Commander from killing her opponents within the Duel time frame.
- Dragon Knight's high natural armor and health regeneration from makes him hard to take down in Duels.
- ed heroes are much harder for Legion Commander to kill in Duels.
- can cancel Duels and save allies.
- blocks damage most of Legion Commander's Duel damage.
- and pushes Legion Commander away during Duels against allies.
- makes Medusa very hard to take down in Duels.
- stops Legion Commander from Dueling altogether, regardless of who she targets.
- prevents Legion Commander from killing her target, and will always hit her during Duels.
- completely wastes Duel's duration, and can save an ally across the map when upgraded with .
- prevents Legion Commander from attacking for a few seconds, potentially saving Oracle's ally.
- dispels Press the Attack's healing and buff.
- protects allies and prevents Legion Commander from winning Duels and gaining bonus damage.
- and can disrupt or negate Duels.
- ethereal allies. on either hero stops Legion Commander from completing a Duel, and dissuades her from initiating Duels on
- can help Pugna's teammates win a fight, either by killing Legion Commander or replenishing her target's health.
- drains Legion Commander's accumulated damage, effectively neutralizing her overall primary advantage, and prevents her from winning Duels.
- dispels the buffs from Overwhelming Odds and Press the Attack the moment Legion Commander targets Razor with Duel. Its movement speed buff also makes Razor harder to catch and initiate on.
- , if used beforehand, will always hit Legion Commander during Duels, due to her forced proximity. This drastically lowers her armor, and increases her chance of dying before completing the Duel.
- can fight with stand against Duels.
- Although can be used to interrupt Duels and the armor bonus of is completely wastes her Duel's duration.
- 's global range makes it nearly impossible for Legion Commander to win Duels in the early to mid-game.
- 's percentage-based damage reduction greatly diminishes Legion Commander's overall damage output, even if she has won many Duels.
- can be used to save Underlord or his allies from Duels if properly timed.
- 's instant cast time allows it to be used before Legion Commander initiates a Duel, causing Ursa to take almost no damage.
- can give Ursa the edge in Duels.
- protects Visage from Legion Commander's attacks for most of Duel's duration.
- Chain stuns from Visage's familiars prevents Legion Commander from winning Duels.
- can reduce Legion Commander's armor, decreasing her survivability during a Duel.
- and disrupts Duels and saves allies.
- saves allies from dying in Duels.
- turns Legion Commander's high damage against her allies, giving the enemy team little time to react.
- and are easy to target and will deal maximum damage when Legion Commander is stationary during a Duel.
- Heroes who can hide the Dueled target ( , , , with etc).
- Heroes with long or multiple disables will prevent Legion Commander from winning Duels: ,
- Heroes with abilities that blind or cause Legion Commander to miss will prevent her from winning Duels: , ,
- Heroes with global abilities can give Legion Commander's opponent an edge in Duels from anywhere on the map: , , , ,
- 's allows him to severely punish Legion Commander after he revives, as her abilities are on cooldown. Legion Commander is still awarded a Duel win if Wraith King reincarnates.
- 's melee bash and high attack speed can often help him and his allies win Duels against Legion Commander.
- stops Legion Commander from attacking during Duels, but has to be used beforehand.
- stops Legion Commander from attacking during Duels.
- evasion even after the active ability ends. stops Legion Commander from attacking during Duels, and gives its owner
- interrupts Duels and dispels the buffs from Press the Attack and Overwhelming Odds.
- prevents Legion Commander from initiating Duels. This negates her ability to gank targets by herself, forcing her to stick with her allies.
- 's armor and evasion buffs protect both its owner and their allies from being killed in Duels. It can also be used on Legion Commander to give an allied opponent the advantage.
- can cause Legion Commander to take more damage than her target, especially if she has won many previous Duels.
- makes it harder for Legion Commander to kill an allied opponent.
- stops Legion Commander from killing opponents during Duels.
- Duel locks down Anti-Mage for a long duration, preventing him from escaping with . One successful Duel initiation is usually enough for Legion Commander's team to kill Anti-Mage.
- When dueled, Bristleback will have to face Legion head on, not allowing his passive to come into effect.
- Overwhelming Odds is great at killing many densely packed spiderlings, thus giving Legion Commander a large buff.
- Duel is a reliable way to lock down Broodmother, preventing her from running into the treeline.
- Chen's frailty and low mobility make him an enticing Duel target.
- Overwhelming Odds and Moment of Courage can take advantage of converted creeps' numbers.
- With enough damage from Duel stacks, Legion Commander can also often kill any of Chen's unfortunate allies before he can use .
- Drow Ranger's low mobility and lack of defensive abilities makes her an easy gank target in the early to mid-game.
- is almost suicidal when used on Legion Commander, as it invites an instant Duel and she is a natural carrier.
- Huskar's low armor (and a lot of time low health) makes him particularly vulnerable to Legion Commander's high physical damage.
- Sniper's low mobility and lack of defensive abilities makes him an easy gank target in the early to mid-game.
- Duel's long duration prevents Terrorblade from swapping his health with .
- Overwhelming Odds deals high damage to Terrorblade's illusions.
- Duel's long duration prevents Weaver from activating or escaping with .
- Heroes who rely on illusions will see them destroyed easily by Overwhelming Odds: , , ,
- Heroes who rely on summons will see them destroyed easily by Overwhelming Odds: , , ,
- Heroes with low health will die easily during Duels, and can be farmed for damage in the early game: , , ,
isn't really an obstacle for Legion Commander, and assuming she is dueling on her own terms, it will simply double her Duel winnings.
- Don't use Lotus Orb on an ally that has a , because Legion Commander can't cast duel through it anyway.
- 's silence can be dispelled from allies by Press the Attack.
Works well with...
- Duel's lock down time lets Ancient Apparition use , and to their fullest effect.
- also helps Legion Commander win Duels more easily.
- and helps keep enemies away from the Duel, preventing them from helping their ally.
- will deal its full damage when an enemy is immobilized in a Duel. Its damage can also help Legion Commander win that Duel.
- Duel is perfect setup for all of Invoker's nukes especially for across the map.
- benefits Legion Commander greatly during Duels.
- allows Lifestealer to initiate with Legion Commander when she uses or , resulting in a very fast gank.
- sets up long duration stuns for Legion Commander to initiate on.
- also helps Legion Commander initiate Duels, especially in the early game.
- used on top of a Dueled opponent will usually result in an instant kill.
- can prevent disables from being used on Legion Commander during Duels.
- easily bursts down targets while Legion Commander locks them in place with Duel.
- can be stack on Dueled enemies for a quick kill in the early game.
- and are easy to target and deal maximum damage on immobilized enemies during Duels.
- can be used right next to Legion Commander to keep her standing in Duels.
- Zeus' heavy magical nukes, as well as the global damage from and , helps Legion Commander win Duels.
- Heroes with global damage abilities can help Legion Commander win Duels anywhere on the map: , , , ,
- Heroes with high burst damage can take out an enemy very quickly, allowing Legion Commander to win most Duels: , , , , ,