Audio migration in progress. Some responses pages / audio files may have broken file links.
Tresdin, the Legion Commander, is a melee strength hero fitting the role of carry. A highly mobile and predatory hero, her skillset and gameplay revolve mainly around killing off targets with her ultimate, Duel. Each successful Duel grants Tresdin permanent bonus damage. Though she is extremely skilled in "fair" one-on-one fights, Tresdin suffers when outnumbered and must choose her engagements carefully. A successful midgame sees her roaming the map, collecting kills and developing into a fearsome carry, so that by lategame she need no longer rely on duel to destroy any enemies that venture too close. Though potentially an extremely powerful hero, she must be played with premeditation and good decision-making to reach her full potential.
- The percentage bonus damage to summons is dealt before the base and bonus damage and only taken by units which were created by an ability.
- The bonus damage counts creep-heroes and illusions as creeps.
- The initial part of the spell's sound effect plays during the cast animation and is audible to everyone.
- The buff from multiple casts of Overwhelming Odds does not stack but gets refreshed instead.
- The speed bonus gets updated on each cast based on how many targets were hit.
- Applies a strong dispel on the target upon cast.
- Can regenerate up to 150/200/250/300 health over its full duration.
- The talent turns Press the Attack into an area-targeted spell, so that it cannot directly target units anymore.
- Self-casting the ability still targets Legion Commander, centering the AoE around her.
- The AOE talent does not apply to the automatic Press The Attack applied on self by winning a Duel.
- Only procs when a unit starts an attack against Legion Commander, regardless of distance.
- This means canceled or missed attacks can proc it as well.
- Upon proccing, Legion Commander receives a buff, which grants her 1000 attack speed and lifesteal.
- This buff lasts for 1 second, or until she lands an attack, whichever is shorter. Missed attacks do not count.
- If the ability procs while Tresdin is already attacking, she performs an instant attack on the current attack target.
- This instant attack does not interfere with the ongoing attack and uses no animation.
- The instant attack can proc any attack modifier or any on-hit effect like a regular attack.
- This means the instant attack also uses up the 1000 attack speed and lifesteal buff immediately.
- If Legion Commander is blinded, the instant attack can miss, unless she has True Strike. It can also miss to evasion.
- Stacks additively with other sources of lifesteal.
- Cannot lifesteal off of wards, buildings and allied units.
- Moment of Courage uses pseudo-random distribution.
- Provides True Sight over both duelists for both teams, so that invisibility cannot prevent them from attacking each other (does not pierce True Sight immunity).
- Duel's taunt has priority over all other taunts. Duel is also prioritised over Fear, though Fear will prevent a duelist from attacking.
- Dueling units can be targeted, but not moved by , or .
- Duel ends instantly when the distance between the duelists exceeds 2000 at any point during it, resulting in no victor.
- A unit wins the duel if their opponent dies before the duel ends. If both duelists survive the duel, there is no victor.
- A victorious duelist does not need to have landed the last hit. Their opponent may be killed by enemies or neutrals, or denied by allies or themselves.
- A victorious duelist gains bonus damage as long as their opponent is a non-illusion hero, and dies (or enters ). There, however, are a few exceptions.
- The dueled target does not gain the bonus damage if the duel caster dies to 's shatter, but the caster does if the target shatters instead.
- The dueled target does not gain the bonus damage if they were hidden by or as the caster died, but the caster does if the target was affected instead.
- Defeating grant bonus damage only when the dueled Meepo dies from taking damage. If another Meepo dies during the duel, no damage is granted.
- Defeating a does not grant bonus damage.
- The victor of a duel gains bonus damage even when the victim had Reincarnation.
- If Legion Commander is victorious, she gets the buff applied on her, based on its current level.
- Can be cast on illusions. While illusions get bonus damage from winning such duels, real heroes do not gain damage for defeating illusions.
- Hero clones can gain damage individually as well. However, the Tempest Double loses it upon respawning. Meepo clones keep their victory damage permanently.
|350 AoE||25||+40Damage Bonus|
|+10%Proc Chance||20||+35 Movement Speed|
|+50Hero Damage||15||+30 Attack Speed|
|+25% XP Gain||10||+8 Strength|
- is generally a good idea if offlaning or jungling, as the decreased damage from attacks will help her stay alive, and help withstand harass from enemies in the offlane.
- is great for regenerating vs low damage harrassment or trading in lane.
- is useful for a big burst of early lane regen.
- are a great choice since it gives you burst mana and gives passive HP regeneration. Don't be afraid to fly more of these on the courier, they are very cost effective and can give instant mana without having to be out of the lane for 50 seconds with a clarity!
- is a necessary first item as any core malee hero so you jungle and get as many creep kills as possible to get as much gold to build your items up. It also increases your jungling, both in speed and efficiency.
- is required most games since it can give you a burst of mana and health for tight situations. is a recommended upgrade, due to how cost effective it is... Just remember to use it when you need to!
- are an amazing choice for early survivability vs physical damage, unit walking and easier time catching up to people after using Overwhelming Odds.
- can be a great item in harder lanes where you need extra stats and magic resistance and just to increase farming speed in the jungle.
- is the usual initiation tool for a Duel to build on Legion Commander.
- Huskar, Sven, or Ursa. It's also great against ranged enemy carries in particular, since they may be able to attack and kite Legion Commander before she even approaches melee range to start counterattacking, but they tend to be very fragile, such as Drow Ranger, Windranger, or Sniper. can help deal more damage during Duels when the Duel target can easily out-damage Legion Commander, such as
- is an all-rounded useful tool to avoid disables. Although it's less needed for spell immunity during Duels if you already have Aghanim's Scepter, it can provide a secondary source of spell immunity if needed.
- is usually the correct choice because it can be a good initiation tool for Legion Commander if the enemy are farming apart and are not playing as a team since it means you will have an easier time gap closing without being spotted. Blink Dagger is generally much better but Shadow Blade and it's upgrade , can definitely have their worth in some matches when passives need to be disabled for you to win Duels or contribute to fights.
- is beneficial when your team has low tower push capability or needs better physical damage resistance.
- is a straight damage dps increase, it's good if you are ahead and are against enemy heroes with very low health pools or no ways to negate the effects of the Desolator.
- is great when you need a reliable lockdown without the reliance on Duel, usually when you have a lot of bonus damage from said ability. It also makes you much more tanky with the Vanguard component and is an overall great 4 or 5th item on Legion Commander.
- is great when snowballing and you are afraid of enemy items such as since it cannot be targetted on you with this item because you will become magic immune during Duel. This item is really good when you have enough damage that you no longer need to rely on your teammates.
- strength, status resistance, and evasion. Use the active ability to the target you want to Duel to let you have more chance to win the Duel. It can pop enemies' before using Duel. increases your survivability by giving you
- evasion as Legion Commander requires right clicking later on. is always good against enemies who have any form of
|Roles:||Carry Disabler Initiator Durable Nuker|
|Playstyle:||Renowned for her intrepid defense of Stonehall, the commander of the Bronze Legion swore a brutal vengeance upon its abyssal invaders. The call of Tresdin's horn heals and hastens her soldiers, inspiring them to Press the Attack. Faced with Overwhelming Odds, the commander calls down a spread of arrows from the archers of Stonehall. But above all, Tresdin relishes the Duel. Locked in single combat, she counterstrikes instinctively, slashing twice in the time her opponent takes to swing once. With each victory claimed, the Legion Commander adds to her strength, scaling her potential upwards without limit.|
- The transition of content from DotA to Dota 2 involved a change in gender for Legion Commander, despite the character and ability names remaining unchanged. She still makes references to her old characterization in a collection of lines when engaging certain heroes:
- When engaging heroes with mounts, she will often express her jealousy or interest for them (▶️ "I like your mount."). Her hero model in DotA rode a mount.
- She also comments on facial hair when dueling or killing certain heroes (▶️ "Nice mustache."). Her DotA hero model had a mustache.
- In DotA, her counterpart often expressed his distrust for anything which was not human. This is heavily expanded in Dota 2, where Legion Commander will instead express her distrust for numerous roles or states of being, instead of a single racial entity, in a bulk of her rival hero taunts.
- Tresdin's response, ▶️ "War. War always changes." is a reference to the signature Fallout quote, "War. War never changes."
- Her response, ▶️ "You won't win the war by dying for your Ancient. You'll win by making the other dumb, unfed bastard die for theirs!" is a reference to the popular George S. Patton quote: "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
- The horn sound effect when deploying ▶️ utilizes the same ▶️ sound the Concheror item uses in Team Fortress 2, another title from Valve.
- Her voice actress, Merle Dandridge, is also well known for providing the voice of Alyx Vance, a character in the game Half Life 2, another title by Valve.
- When dueling ▶️ which a reference to the Thunderdome of Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome! , There is a chance of Legion Commander yelling Thunderdome!
- When dueling , Legion Commander has only 1% to say "Multi-ogre Battle Arena!". This is a reference to the game genre Dota 2 is, MOBA - Multiplayer Online Battle Arena.
- In The Lab, a VR game by Valve, there are some Bendie soldiers who wield Legion Commander's sword in the minigame Longshot, along with other Dota 2 weapons like Axe's war axe, Huskar's spear and Stout Shield.
Envisioning Legion Commander Loading Screen concept art