Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Demons of the Cataract
|Other Lore:||Majestic Leviathan|
Kunkka is the former admiral of the Claddish Navy. He comes from a line of seamen, who once hunted whales with harpoons. A veteran commander, he was present in the battle of Port Mignin, as well as the first and second battle of Trembling Isle. He wields the legendary Tidebringer, a sword inhabited by a lost Claddish soul.
After the second battle Trembling Isle, Kunkka washed up on a Keenish shore, where he resumed his career as a fleet commander, with Keen as crew. Rumor is, he compelled Keen artisans to craft him a new sword from the salvage of Cataract Demons, who had also washed up on the same shore. The Keen apparently hold him in high regard, giving him the keys to the gates of their capital. At least one ship under his new command is known by name, the Majestic Leviathan, a great vessel carrying countless chests of treasure.
- There is some speculation whether or not Kunkka is still alive, or has become a phantom after the battle at Trembling Isle. Since Kunkka is sometimes believed to be a phantom, it is possible that the Suicide-Mages' ritual caused him and his ship to survive in their ethereal forms after their destruction on the seas.
- Kunkka has had scurvy many times.
- Kunkka supposedly knows of "terrible secrets" at the bottom of the sea that only he can unlock by key.
- Kunkka is sometimes called "Green Sleeves" by his crew.
- Kunkka once received a fine sash as a gift from a princess, living in the Isle of Songs. The nature of this relationship is unclear.
- His notorious rivalry with Tidehunter stems from the latter's involvement at the Trembling Isle, where Maelrawn was summoned to destroy the two opposing fleets. Despite formal animosity, Kunkka also holds a degree of respect for his nemesis, sometimes lamenting his death.
- Kunkka is enraged by Mireska, whom he blames for the loss of his fleet at the Trembling Isle. Mireska was stowed away on his ship in search of "trophies", and had some kind of involvement in the battle. Due to her actions, she is now hunted by Kunkka.
As a young man, Kunkka served as a midshipman. He was ambitious, seeking to climb up the ranks. During his early days, he heard tales of great sharks, longer than a frigate, that hunted ships and devoured sailors. As he grew older and rose in rank, he earned the gold-laced buttons that indicated his new status. As an adult, he hunted and killed the giant sharks he heard about as a young man, confirming that such legends were true.
Friendships and rivalries
Allies meeting Kunkka
- ▶️ ▶️ Nice mustache.
- ▶️ ▶️ Kunkka, I'm not trying to be rude, but you got something on your forehead.
- ▶️ ▶️ Let's do this Kunkka.
- ▶️ Kunkka, I thought I left you on the bottom of the sea.
Enemies killing Kunkka
- ▶️ Hey, you think Kunkka knew I stole his rum?
- ▶️ Do you see your fleet sinking?
- ▶️ You can buy the next round.
- ▶️ Rum is for sissies.
- ▶️ I drank you under the table, and the ground.
- ▶️ Kunkka, that was for all the spider crabs you've boiled.
- ▶️ Your ship has run aground.
- ▶️ You're dashed upon the rocks.
- ▶️ ▶️ And you call yourself an admiral.
- ▶️ Arr har har har!
- ▶️ ▶️ Whooh! You should've went down with your ship, pirate.
- ▶️ You and what navy, Kunkka?
- ▶️ More for the drowning.
- ▶️ I was under you the whole time, drilling holes in your hull.
- ▶️ There's no safe harbor from this storm, Kunkka!
- ▶️ Ha ha! You should have put to port sooner!
- ▶️ Admiral, but not admirable. Hm hm hm hm.
- ▶️ Kunkka, you're not my admiral.
- ▶️ The admirable Admiral dies like a dog!
- ▶️ Die in slime, Admiral Mouthbreather!
- ▶️ Where's your fleet now, Kunkka?
- ▶️ Die in slime, Kunkka!
- ▶️ The admirable Kunkka dies like a dog!
- ▶️ Did I put a hole in your hull?
- ▶️ Where is your ex-parrot?
- ▶️ The seas are your domain Kunkka, but the forest is mine.
Enemies dying to Kunkka
- ▶️ ▶️ Defend your beard!
- ▶️ ▶️ Defend your mustache!
- ▶️ Beware lest ye be shattered by a ghostly frigate.
- Wavecrester description.
- Tidebringer description.
- Claddish Gauntlets description.
- Claddish Hightops description.
- Neptunian Sabre description.
- Admiral's Stash description.
- Ceremonial Rapier description.
- Blue Stone Shoulder of the Voyager description.
- Ye Olde Pipe description.
- Green Sleeves of the Voyager description.
- Commodore's Sash description.
- Kunkka response: ▶️ Oh I'll never have another nemesis like Tidehunter.
- Dark Willow response: ▶️ I'm hunted by Kunkka, thanks to you!
- Prize of the Saltworn Mariner description.