- Clinkz's high damage output and insane attack speed late-game can take Kunkka out of the fight before it begins.
- and together can kill allies easily even under Ghostship's buff.
- can allow Clinkz to make a quick escape after Kunkka's combo, or even avoid it all together.
- Ursa's massive physical damage can destroy Kunkka quickly.
- can be activated before being hit by Ghostship to prevent most of the damage.
- slows Kunkka's movement speed, with no escape, Kunkka is easy prey.
- Kunkka relies on his powerful AOE spells to turn the tides of teamfights. He cannot use them while silenced.
- can mess up Kunkka's ability synergy, silencing him in the middle of his strong combo.
- can disable Kunkka's spell casting from anywhere on the map, even if Kunkka is spell immune at the time.
- allows Mirana to easily escape Torrent and Ghostship.
- makes Kunkka miss his combo by egging through it. Also is a melee who has no way to kill egg quickly alone.
- makes allies immune to all physical damage, effectively causing Tidebringer to do no damage.
- is a powerful, pure damaging heal that can save Omniknight's allies after Kunkka's large damage.
- drastically decreases Kunkka's magical damage.
- Since Tidebringer has a 4 second cooldown, Kunkka has little availability to manfight Huskar.
- negates Kunkka's X Marks the Spot. What is more, you can't dodge his .
- Kunkka has no way to hit directly in battle, and it mitigates Ghostship and Tidebringer's damage.
- negates Kunkka's X Marks the Spot.
- As a strength hero with high strength gain and very little armor, as well as low agility gain, Kunkka is vulnerable to Lifestealer's and .
- With his , Sniper can simply sit out of your ability range and deal massive damage if not killed first.
- can target allies who are still alive with low health because of Ghostship's buff.
- makes it harder for Kunkka to position/escape and makes it hard for Kunkka to hit Tidebringer.
- Outworld Devourer's will take away precious intelligence points, reducing Kunkka's already small mana pool.
- can allow Outworld Devourer to save himself or allies from Kunkka's full kit.
- will take away Kunkka's mana, as Kunkka's intelligence gain is much smaller than Outworld Devourer's.
- deals pure damage, shredding through Kunkka and his team even with Ghostship's buff.
- Silences especially affect Kunkka's teamfighting ability, be weary of enemies with silences.
- 's will also negate Tidebringer's damage.
- Heroes with hide abilities can often dodge a Ghostship just before it hits.
- Similarly, they can negate your X-mark & Torrent combo by protecting your target when you use Return. Good candidates to negate your combo include and his , and and his .
- A can also do the trick, but, unlike the previously mentioned abilities, you can only use it on yourself and not your allies.
- Because of his powerful teamfight spells, Kunkka could very likely be the target for control spells like or . Mind your position before battle.
- Heroes with instant teleport or forced movement(e.g. or ) can dodge the X-mark & Torrent combo by shift-order. When being Return, last order is channeled but order after it is not. So if those heroes is marked, order a move command then cast those instant abilities by shift-order for a stable dodge.
- will protect against much of Kunkka's damage early on.
- negates all Kunkka's spell damage, and dispels X Marks the Spot.
- dispels X Marks the Spot.
- Tidebringer, Torrent and Ghostship destroys Chaos Knight's army all through the game.
- Kunkka's entire kit is great for taking out multiple units at once.
- Tidebringer's cleave will split through a wave of spiderlings.
- X Marks the Spot is great for dragging Broodmother back out of her web for Kunkka's team to set up on her.
- Torrent and Ghostship will demolish any spiderlings within the radius.
- X Marks the Spot is good to prevent a single meepo from escaping from a deadly situation.
- Tidebringer, Torrent and Ghostship destroys Meepo's clones.
- Tidebringer, Torrent and Ghostship destroys Phantom Lancer's illusion army.
- can't escape with under your X Marks the Spot, but can use it to dodge it.
- Ghostship helps your team soak up damage from and .
- can't escape easily from X Marks the Spot - Torrent combo.
- Spectre can't escape with under X Marks the Spot.
- Kunkka can dominate Spectre's lane using Tidebringer and gain an advantage.
- Ghostship helps your team soak up damage from .
- Ghostship helps your team soak up damage from , especially if he initiates during the battle.
- can't dodge X Marks the Spot - Torrent combo by his abilities. Torrent drags him out of his
- Ghostship helps your team soak up damage from and hit summons hard.
- Tidebringer clears summons later in the game.
- Most your spells can interrupt .
- X Marks the Spot is a counter to 's , but you need quick reactions to pull it off.
- Heroes with long channeling abilities like are easy for Kunkka to interrupt in team fights.
- In general, highly mobile heroes like
or are at a disadvantage against with X Marks the Spot.
- Similarly, heroes with low-cd TPs can be afraid to split push against X Marks the Spot, mostly and
Works well with...
- - combo can set Kunkka up for a perfect Torrent + Ghostship combo and a potential teamwipe. could be placed right after Kunkka cast Torrent since Torrent has a delay.
- lets Kunkka land an easy Ghost Ship.
- Ghostship allows Huskar to soak up even more magical damage and fight at low HP without dying. helps regenerate the Rum damage.
- X Marks the Spot helps Huskar to chase high mobility heroes.
- Ghostship allows Lifestealer to stay in front as a fearsome melee fighter. Lifestealer could use to regenerate the Rum damage.
- Ghostship and Tidebringer clears illusions which Lifestealer cannot deal with easily.
- X Marks the Spot helps Lifestealer to catch high mobility heroes.
- Ghostship allows Slark to stay in front and steal more attributes. Slark could easily regenerate the Rum damage thanks to .
- X Marks the Spot helps Slark to catch heroes that can easily break leash.
- Lengthy disables such as , , or makes a perfect setup for Kunkka's spells.