Keeper of the Light/Guide
|works as an adept support who can aid his allies and hinder his enemies with his array of abilities. He can babysit to greatly augment the power of a lane, and transition into a pusher and counter-pusher past the laning stage.|
To play a straightforward Keeper of the Light, max out Chakra Magic as soon as possible and focus on keeping your teammates' mana supply up. A value point in Illuminate offers some damage, especially if teammates have lockdowns to help you land it. You can still land Illuminate by yourself if you channel out of vision, like among trees, and toward lane creeps where enemies will most likely go to get farm. However, it does not always work against opponents who can stand their ground like dispels like ., trade hits with you like with , can stay without mana like , or have
Maxing out Chakra Magic works best if you have a lane partner who can make good use of the mana to launch spells at the enemy. A steady barrage ofs, s, or s can go a long way to secure your lane and possibly net a kill.
Keeper of the Light usually wears, as he does not really need the mana provided by Arcane Boots, so you can start the game with for a minor movement speed boost. If you are planning on building , then you can keep until you already finished the Mekansm. You can play Keeper of the Light as a selfless position 6, buying every support items for team.
|Generic Keeper of the Light|
|+250 Cast Range||15||+2Flicker|
|+25 Movement Speed||10||-3sCooldown|
- The cast range talent also affects the max distance of .
Tips & Tactics
- Keeper of the Light has low strength and armor, thus he relies on positioning and powerful abilities to stay alive.
- Keeper of the Light pushes and defends the base well, as he can replenish teammates' and his own mana with Chakra Magic, allowing profligate use of pushing abilities, and Illuminate can nuke entire creep waves.
- Play Keeper of the Light in the safelane to harass enemy with his formidable abilities. He can also play in the offlane to disrupt the enemy carry from getting farm.
- Illuminate allows Keeper of the Light to output a large amount of damage on a low cooldown.
- Illuminate's strong creep-killing power makes Keeper of the Light a remarkably good farmer and counter-pusher considering his support role, as he can use it to either knock down large creep waves approaching a friendly tower or blast multiple neutral camps at once. Therefore, he should max Illuminate first to farm up items.
- However, Illuminate will only deal more damage the longer you channel, which makes it tricky to land on slippery enemies.
- You can keep Illuminate at lower level for lower mana cost, saving skill points for other abilities if you do not plan to farm creeps.
- When using Illuminate to harass or nuke an enemy player, try to channel in the fog of war, such as behind the treeline, to give away as little warning as possible.
- Rely on teammates or Will-O-Wisp to immobilize the enemy long enough to channel the full duration of Illuminate during a gank.
- Using Illuminate on creep waves early on may disrupt the farm of your lane partner by killing the creeps which will push the wave closer to the enemy's tower. So, you should aim Illuminate only to damage enemy heroes by targeting the wave either at an oblique angle or behind the creep wave.
- Illuminate reveals fog of war in front of Keeper of the Light while channeling, allowing him to gain flying vision. Remember that charging it to fulmination increases its sight range while releasing it immediately will not gain you much vision.
- Blinding Light displaces enemies and applies a miss chance on their regular attacks, making it a great teamfighting ability, and especially against attacking carries.
- The miss chance may reduce the effectiveness of the enemy's physical attacks, giving your team an advantage.
- However, enemies with True Strike, spell immunity, or dispels can counter Blinding Light's debuff.
- In the laning stage, apply miss chance on the enemies so they cannot trade hits with Keeper of the Light.
- Use Blinding Light to clear leftover creeps after Illuminate.
- Blinding Light will not interrupt enemy channeling.
- In some cases, the displacement forces the enemies to traverse more ground to reach their destination.
- Blinding Light's displacement can move enemies over terrain, up or down a cliff wall, which may shut down an enemy melee carry if they do not have any re-positioning abilities or items to reverse the terrain displacement.
- Use Blinding Light's forced movement when escaping to push enemies away from Keeper of the Light.
- Chakra Magic allows Keeper of the Light to replenish a significant amount of mana for himself and his allies, ensuring usage of abilities.
- In the laning stage, Chakra Magic allows teammates with small mana pools or low cooldown abilities to use them more often. Heroes with strong disables but small mana pools like , , , , and can use their stuns liberally to set up kills, while those with powerful harass abilities like , , and can put continuous pressure on the lane opponents.
- Put at least two points into Chakra Magic in the laning stage, as its efficiency increases more than twofold. On top of providing more mana replenishment for allies, it also greatly increases Keeper of the Light's mana, allowing him to use his other abilities more often.
- Chakra Magic reduces the cooldowns of basic abilities. So, use Chakra Magic on teammates with low-cooldown disables and initiation spells, since it allows them to use two stuns or nukes in quick succession, increasing the amount of crowd control and damage. Also, it affects passive abilities with cooldowns, benefiting abilities such as , , and .
- Will-O-Wisp's area hypnosis forces enemies to turn and walk toward the light source, comboing well with abilities like and .
- Will-O-Wisp cancels enemy channeling.
- Keeper of the Light can channel Illuminate to hit the enemies as they are staring or attacking Ignis Fatuus.
- Combo with Blinding Light to keep enemies within radius of Will-O-Wisp and make them miss attacking it.
- Will-O-Wisp clears trees in its area, preventing enemies from juking.
- If it is refreshed, both will be switched at on mode and off at the same time, preventing permanent sleep during its duration.
- More tips needed.
- provides health regeneration while laning, which mitigates harass damage by lane opponents. Keeper of the Light can share it with allies if needed.
- also restores health early on to you and teammates.
- gives some attributes, and can be used to build Magic Wand or Mekansm.
- gives vision around the map, and helps Keeper of the Light get into a good position to use Illuminate.
- gives Keeper of the Light more movement speed for little expense. The passive regeneration keeps his health at full, allowing him to be self-sustaining as he can replenish his mana with Chakra Magic.
- can be used for mobility, saving teammates, or forcibly displacing enemies, particularly effective when combined with and Blinding Light.
- may save Keeper of the Light and allies with invisibility and magic resistance. Also, he can activate it before or during channeling of Illuminate and Town Portal Scroll.
- enable Keeper of the Light to use Will-O-Wisp twice for longer hypnotizes time or enlarge the targeted area.
- grants immunity against physical damage so Keeper of the Light can survive against enemy carries.
- provides a large boost to attributes and excellent mana regeneration, allowing Keeper of the Light to use Chakra Magic on teammates more frequently instead of on himself. The Hex it offers is very powerful on Keeper of the Light, as he otherwise lacks an instant hard disable.
- synergizes well with Keeper of the Light's support abilities, as he can heal his teammates as well as restore their mana. The overall attributes and armor also provide Keeper of the Light with considerably more survivability, while Chakra Magic covers the item's high mana cost.
- root makes chasing or escaping from single enemies much easier due to its long cast range and low cooldown. grants more survivability and a larger mana pool. Its
- gives Keeper of the Light a sustainable mana pool and increased movement speed, allowing him to be much more active on the battlefield. The active ability dispels debuffs such as silences while making Keeper of the Light temporarily invulnerable, or disables an enemy long enough for Illuminate to charge up damage.
- removes the channel on Illuminate, making it easier to charge to full power, and allows Illuminate to heal during the day, keeping allied units healthy during fights and pushes.
- gives Keeper of the Light armor, attributes, and mana regeneration. As a ranged support, you have the ability to reduce an enemy's or Roshan's armor for your team to capitalize on, or give an ally more armor to extend their survivability.
- resists and shields Keeper of the Light and teammates against magical damage so they can survive and contribute to teamfights.
- improves Keeper of the Light's armor and regeneration. The basic dispel and active ability increase survivability of him and his allies by removing debuffs and may dissuade the enemies from using targeted abilities.
- increases Keeper of the Light's cast range, letting him support allies from a safer distance away.